Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post game: TFC vs Columbus

While the team looks better at playing the "possession game" none of that seems to matter when we collectively have no finish in the final third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit game, shit atmosphere. I get the feeling once we out of CONCACAF then we will start playing well in MLS.

For the love of god, stop starting Dunfield and Harden every game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can blame the defence all we want, but in the end of the day, we've scored 1 goal in MLS, conceded 7, are 0/3, with 0 points, sitting in the bottom of the league table, unsuccessful at home, and off to Mexico with an away goal against us and a reality check just around the corner.

This may just be the make-or-break stretch for Aron Winter. The CCL is awesome, but in the end of the day, what does it say if a team makes the finals of the CCL and are dead-last in their local league. Is there any pride in winning a tournament while being in last place?

We're not scoring. Plata's first touch is ruining plays, Koevermans isn't finishing, and Richard Eckersley was totally out of position (as usual) on that goal from the right hand side. De Guzman made his mistakes, Ty Harden conceded (another) penalty and Kocic makes a big save, the only TFC highlight of the night.

BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game the lads pulled it together, tough goal given up but a result and a home 3 points none the less....

.....wait this is not the QPR thread

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only positive that came out of this game is Logan Emory, who proved he can play - put him beside Aceval, and let um work the centre of defence; I'm sure Emory must have picked up some Spanish during his time at Puerto Rico Islanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Well once again. Emory did shit the bed but overall he played well. Our real problem is the stale attack and not being able to put the ball in the back of the net like I said before we need somebody that can constantly get in the attacking areas, Plata,soolsma and lembe are not sure mls starters.

Posted this in the/ In-game thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata had a terrible game. I can't wait until Stinson comes back so he can push Dunfield to the bench. Good to see TFC controlling the game but the better team is the one with the most goals.

Horrible start to the season, TFC is badly going to need some road wins. Hopefully these guys are up to give a full effort in Mexico.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...

So, to all the cheerleaders, which excuse are you guys going with today?

I'm betting it'll be "oh this is fine, we're focused on Santos right now, who cares about the league?" Or, "we were tired from Santos, which we just played on Wednesday?"

Hahaha. I wish I had the optimism you guys do. Out of curiosity, anyone know when we last started a season with three straight losses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to stop this constant crossing, when our crosses are lacking and our finishing is nonexistant. Koevermans needs to shape up otherwise I see a significant pay raise for Johnson who has been giving it his all this season and heck since he's been here. We need to work on our through passes and the defense needs to wake up. As for Emory he played well for a youngster, but everybody makes mistakes and after a bit of a talking to, we need to get past that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also worth noting that Plata shouldn't be starting. He can be a very effective late game substitute but so far this season I've seen better things from Lambe in our own half and little else going forward. With Soolsma and Johnson having having promising starts to the year I just don't see the merit in starting Plata considering our other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know kept trying to cross the ball in when that clearly wasn't working. We had good chances when we played through the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No-one remember Du Guzman losing the ball under no pressure that led to the goal ?
    Harden and Emory then gave Columbus half the pitch to run at them.....and then a missed tackle.......1-0.
    One win in 6 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    No-one remember Du Guzman losing the ball under no pressure that led to the goal
    Was a poor pass to him in the 1st place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we learned today

Emory > Harden
    Avila/Silva > Dumbfield

And that crosses aren't the best ways to create goal scoring chances, through-balls are

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some conclusions after the game:

1. We are the doormats of the MLS.
    Again.
    The 6th season in row.

0-3 / 1-7 goal differential

2. If we'll lose any more than 4 total points at home in all remaining games, will be almost impossible to make the playoffs.
    You heard this from me first time. You can rub this affirmation later in my face if I'm wrong somehow...

3. The technical staff of TFC looks like total idiots after this game:
    We played almost all the starting 11 which will start in Mexico (this gives almost no chance even for a decent performance there), yet we still shit the bed badly.

4. Plata and Danny K are total busts so far this year.
    I hope that at least they will play soon enough close to the potential they showed us last year.

5. Sorry for Frei's injury, but right now, if he's continuing to play like he's done this year, Milos should be clearly our first choice keeper, even after Frei will be fully fit after his injury.
    Last edited by LesH; 03-31-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    Avila/Silva > Dunfield
    Well if we are attacking then yes. Dunfield is much better at defending, and if we want to keep a lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if people defend dunfield by saying he works his ass off, his hustle does not compensate for the lack of skill. I also never understood the plata love fest. Players seem to "figure him out" as soon as he gets onto the pitch.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we learned today

Emory > Harden
    Avila/Silva > Dumbfield

And that crosses aren't the best ways to create goal scoring chances, through-balls are
    How dare you assail the footballing abilities of our midfield and back line?!?! You will surely anger Yohan (see his "Sticking up for Dunfield and Harden thread"), who believes these to be stellar exemplars of MLS quality! Harden, in fact, "has been improving remarkably!" Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    No-one remember Du Guzman losing the ball under no pressure that led to the goal ?
    Harden and Emory then gave Columbus half the pitch to run at them.....and then a missed tackle.......1-0.
    One win in 6 games.
    Oh I remember it alright, it accompanied a dramatic face palm before Emory even had a chance to complete stage two of that colossal fuck up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People here are forgetting that TFC is without Frings.
    I think with Frings, we would have been 2-1.

One thing to judge this teams leaders are on who they are bringing in. Without better defenders, a quality rebuild has not been done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who sticks up for Duncefield or Harden pretty much enjoy losing

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    LOL...

So, to all the cheerleaders, which excuse are you guys going with today?
    You can actually make your points about the team without attacking other people. Try it, it actually can be a good experience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's where I don't buy the Emory blame.

When you have your partner in the back line running frantically back and not marking one or the other, and your "best" defender, Eckersley, up in no mans land, and your CAPTAIN, de Guzman, making a huge mistake and then lazily strolling backwards, you have no other choice other than to follow the flow of the rest of your team. If that flow is wrong, Emory can't be in the right position - if he was, he'd be in the wrong position, because the rest of the team ruined the rest of the shape.

If anyone is to blame for that mistake, it wasn't Emory, it was Eckersley, but can Eckersley be blamed for being too far forward, when we had possession? Nope.

De Guzman, losing the ball with little pressure, killed Toronto FC. As per the usual, de Guzman likes to give the appearance of competency without actually substantiating it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You can actually make your points about the team without attacking other people. Try it, it actually can be a good experience.
    OT, you've been here for long enough to know that I've tried time and again to make my points without attacking anyone, only to be personally attacked every time as a faithless, fairweather fan. This time I played it a little pre-emptive, and for that I apologize. But the thrust of my point still stands as valid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides the colossal brain fart, Emory played well. Try him with Aceval, please.

We played with a lineup to win today, now we have less of a chance in Mexico, if it ever was more than a long shot.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    De Guzman, losing the ball with little pressure, killed Toronto FC. As per the usual, de Guzman likes to give the appearance of competency without actually substantiating it.
    Well put. I'd note, however, that that statement is just one box on a lengthy checklist of the problems with the team at present.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    People here are forgetting that TFC is without Frings.
    I think with Frings, we would have been 2-1.

One thing to judge this teams leaders are on who they are bringing in. Without better defenders, a quality rebuild has not been done.
    I still cannot figure out what Winter was thinking in the off season regarding our back line. Maybe he did go for a few big names for a league max type salary and nothing materialized, but until I hear that it comes back to "Did he think we had the right pieces in place?" Maybe Cann was expected back sooner or Caicedo looked THAT much better when being scouted. None of it adds up because all we've signed are more depth players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the need to pick out anybody individually, except for Kocic who did a nice job stopping the penalty.

Otherwise, all I saw was a bunch of guys who tried pretty hard but still have their limits. For a team that is supposed to score goals in this system ... we lack talent

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone who sticks up for Duncefield or Harden pretty much enjoy losing
    Very astute. In depth analysis at its finest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Here's where I don't buy the Emory blame.

When you have your partner in the back line running frantically back and not marking one or the other, and your "best" defender, Eckersley, up in no mans land, and your CAPTAIN, de Guzman, making a huge mistake and then lazily strolling backwards, you have no other choice other than to follow the flow of the rest of your team. If that flow is wrong, Emory can't be in the right position - if he was, he'd be in the wrong position, because the rest of the team ruined the rest of the shape.
    I think he was trying to get back as fast as he could, but he's just slow. I've never seen JDG move fast other than that initial burst of speed from a stand still.