RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fak. I forgot about that stupid MLS Trillium Cup thing. Can we please quietly let that embarassing made-to-sell-more-stuff rivalry die? I was hoping that this would be the year that it stopped being mentionned by the two teams.

Oh - and thank you, D.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reigning Trillium Champs!!! The biggest cup of em all!!!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Game day

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Not again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very lazy of The Star and cbc.com regarding the U23 game. Biggest game for these guys in 28 years and they run the exact same article. Also, 4 articles (well, 3) and only 1 mentions the time. If you're going to talk about the match at least tell the readers WHEN it is.

Having said that, I'm glad for the coverage.

Dom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Very lazy of The Star and cbc.com regarding the U23 game. Biggest game for these guys in 28 years and they run the exact same article. Also, 4 articles (well, 3) and only 1 mentions the time. If you're going to talk about the match at least tell the readers WHEN it is.

Having said that, I'm glad for the coverage.

Dom.
    I give the Star a free pass on running a pool article - they are a local Toronto paper and that's was pool articles (CP, AP, Reuters) are for...

Now cbc.ca - no free pass at all. The reason they are around is to 'cover Canada' and this falls into that section. Hundreds of Millions, if not more than a Billion of our tax dollars go into CBC Sports for hockey, and Canadian International Coverage and this falls into that....

Perhaps they didn't in a 'thumb our noses at the Olympics' type of attitude, as they have been $$$'d out of the Olympics by private business...

At any rate, for CBC to cheap out and use a pool article is terrible... Local Toronto, I'll give them a free pass...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."