Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, Harden and Dunfield played well in the game vs Santos Laguna, but I think it had more to do with the two teams not having played each other previously and Santos playing the game fairly modest. Given the weather conditions I think they knew they would return to Mexico and be able to play in a more suitable playing conditions. They basically played like they did not want to get anyone injured.

I still think Harden and Dunfield are maybe suited to playing in the NASL, but given our options I guess they will have to do for now. Their performance though reminds me of Nick Garcia with TFC. It just depends on how far your memory goes back with TFC or whether you were sober the majority of the time when you watched him play.

Its a miracle the team didnt get destroyed thats all it means. People and fans of the team just want the team to succeed so desperatly that they're willing to forget previous woeful performances for just one decent one in such an important game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of the maple leaf history lets get a team of low paid, low scoring grinders and thats the the way to win?....

I stand behind the whole team but , fact is fact, I'd be so much better IF he didn't take every friggin cross which btw continuously went over everyones head past the keep....we MISSED big opportunities there. Or is this not showing up on TV......Dunfield is a bench player and that is that . Harden again is standing on his head but ,..needs a real primer in positioning...E.G.,...Gomez's goal
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J View Post
    We also had a winner and ended up driving him out of town for not being a hard worker/nice guy
    I miss Jacob Peterson too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reason that Dunfield played well in the last two games was because he was played in a bit more of an advanced role. I think that part of his problem is that he doesn't think fast enough, and freaks out when he gets the ball near his own box. By putting him in a more advanced role you take off some of the responsibility of playing in front of your back line, and as a result we saw a much calmer and decisive Dunfield. (even if he still looked a bit indecisive at times, it was a HUGE improvement over the previous games)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Dunfiled get the boot by the end of this season. When Cann and Williams return Harden should never be playing again/or warming the bench unless it there is another injury crisis. Both of them have a really high chance of being waived and hopefully some young talent or european veterans who know the 4-3-3 will be signed to bring more stability and leadership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    I'd like to see Dunfiled get the boot by the end of this season. When Cann and Williams return Harden should never be playing again/or warming the bench unless it there is another injury crisis. Both of them have a really high chance of being waived and hopefully some young talent or european veterans who know the 4-3-3 will be signed to bring more stability and leadership.
    If you could spell Dunfield's name I might start taking you seriously, but I don't think your capable of that. Are you going to be at the game tomorrow or did you spend your allowance on something else this week?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aw, crap. After reading the OP I can't be mad at Dunfield or Harden. I had these guys pencilled in as the new Reda and Braz. Now what am I going to do ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have nothing against Dunfield. I think he is a decent middle of the road MLS player.

Harden on the other hand...Can't say the same. The guy is extremely shaky in his play.
    Game in and game out he is getting beat on basic attacking runs against him - I'm not talking about MLS star players, I'm talking about anyone who can execute a basic attacking pattern.
    His passes are super suspect. The guy doesn't look up when he passes.
    Once, maybe twice a game he'll make a decent defensive save, but it usually done because he was recovering from an early fuck up by himself moments earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think a lot of the hate comes from a lack of understanding of the game. People also tend to get overemotional and need a lightning rod.
    In this case, I disagree with the former, agree with the latter. It's human nature to pick on a target you've already condemned even when he doesn't deserve it, that' s all.

Dunfield has had some really poor performances. But objectivity demands calling each game on its own merits, and he had a really good game on the weekend. All those little passes into space, and moves into coverage space, that he was blowing in the first few games came together on the weekend. In fact, the team moved defensively as a unit, and that's always hard to break down.

If we admit Dunfield is a depth player, we can admit his performances are sometimes poor. Ergo, it's not a lack of understanding of the game, it's confabulation, inventing poor performances where they don't exist in order to assign blame most easily, instead of taking the trouble to analyze, which is an open-ended proposition and therefore less inclined to provide the subconscious guarantee of security.

So the b-level players will always make easier lightning rods. Harden has some good days, some bad. He was out of position and held Gomez onside on the first goal. Can't have your central defender losing the line. But one or two bad mistakes for your second/third central defender at MLS level probably doesn't really surprise any of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    If you could spell Dunfield's name I might start taking you seriously, but I don't think your capable of that. Are you going to be at the game tomorrow or did you spend your allowance on something else this week?
    Shwing!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I think the reason that Dunfield played well in the last two games was because he was played in a bit more of an advanced role. I think that part of his problem is that he doesn't think fast enough, and freaks out when he gets the ball near his own box. By putting him in a more advanced role you take off some of the responsibility of playing in front of your back line, and as a result we saw a much calmer and decisive Dunfield. (even if he still looked a bit indecisive at times, it was a HUGE improvement over the previous games)
    I think this is the most indictable statement against terry, I agree if he was just bit faster in decision making he would be a very good player. Its probably the reason he never lasted in europe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harden has cost us games. I don't jeer the home side, but I hardly think he deserves to be coddled either. Dunfield is mediocre, but Harden is brutal. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    why do you think that only european veterans know how to play in a 4-3-3? The requirement for being able to play a 4-3-3 Dutch style has more to do with skill, vision and passing ability than it does experience. And Europeans with those qualities generally don't come cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been a fan of harden. He may make good tackles every now and then, but he is way too dangerous to have defending inside the box. That PK he gave up is a great example. The slide tackle was the wrong move tbere

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    In this case, I disagree with the former, agree with the latter. It's human nature to pick on a target you've already condemned even when he doesn't deserve it, that' s all.

Dunfield has had some really poor performances. But objectivity demands calling each game on its own merits, and he had a really good game on the weekend. All those little passes into space, and moves into coverage space, that he was blowing in the first few games came together on the weekend. In fact, the team moved defensively as a unit, and that's always hard to break down.

If we admit Dunfield is a depth player, we can admit his performances are sometimes poor. Ergo, it's not a lack of understanding of the game, it's confabulation, inventing poor performances where they don't exist in order to assign blame most easily, instead of taking the trouble to analyze, which is an open-ended proposition and therefore less inclined to provide the subconscious guarantee of security.

So the b-level players will always make easier lightning rods. Harden has some good days, some bad. He was out of position and held Gomez onside on the first goal. Can't have your central defender losing the line. But one or two bad mistakes for your second/third central defender at MLS level probably doesn't really surprise any of us.
    Unrealistic expectations from MLS bench players would indicate a bit of a lack of understanding, from what I see, but fair enough.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Hey you still think Dumbfield and Ty Harden or Try Harder should still be starters after todays game?? You must be Mo Johnston's son or something. If you could afford the tickets for todays game you would of saw that:

Emory > Harden
    Avila/Silva > Dumbfield

But since your Mo Johnston's son ill guess you would want Gargan, Garcia back too wouldnt you?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for those of you think Attakora and Henry is the answer, I hope you guys watched the Canada vs Mexico U23 game. ripped paper bag could have played better than those two
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's defend Andrea Lombardo, too. Nick Garcia! Andy Iro! Everyone!

Look, Dunfield and Harden are bad. It's not their fault they suck so much and are actively putting our team at a disadvantage.

Management and Winter in particular are fucking absurd to not find better alternatives or keep starting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    for those of you think Attakora and Henry is the answer, I hope you guys watched the Canada vs Mexico U23 game. ripped paper bag could have played better than those two
    Really Yohan! we would not be asking either especially Nana to anchor a backline just be better than harden which I strongly believe he is. Secondly the Mexican U-23 team is much more competent side than TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Really Yohan! we would not be asking either especially Nana to anchor a backline just be better than harden which I strongly believe he is. Secondly the Mexican U-23 team is much more competent side than TFC.
    ya really. as good as Mexican u23 side is, I'd expect Attakora and Henry to put up more of a fight than just letting Mexicans walk over them.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Toronto Star thinks Ty Harden looks like Ryan Johnston... when in doubt, why not just guess who it is!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    The Toronto Star thinks Ty Harden looks like Ryan Johnston... when in doubt, why not just guess who it is!?!

They're identical twins seperated at birth, did you not know ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone want to stick up for Dunfield after that one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ty Harden anyone??

"But it's not his fault!, it's a team game etc etc"

The definition of insanity: : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - aka Aaron Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really can't wait to hear the ridiculous excuses to defend these two morons today. The team played like shit, but Dunfield and Harden played BIG roles today on the goals conceded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every negative comment about these two in this thread came true in today's game. No reason to keep playing these guys if they will continue to cost us games, rather have academy players in there learning and making mistakes than two veterans making the same mistakes every other game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this thread going to come back after every game this season?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe this thread exists haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Unrealistic expectations from MLS bench players would indicate a bit of a lack of understanding, from what I see, but fair enough.
    Not on the part of the players, on the part of the guys playing them.

Today would be another good example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    Really can't wait to hear the ridiculous excuses to defend these two morons today. The team played like shit, but Dunfield and Harden played BIG roles today on the goals conceded.
    Look, neither of these guys are rookies, TFC knew what they were getting and got them anyway - and then continue to play them.

We have the most poorly run team in the league and we're blaming a couple of MLS journeymen?