Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact of the matter is that a prominent member of their club 'hinted' that TFC won't be safe - in that regard, if the game remains there, bring our own security down and surround the boys lile Barack f'n Obama...

Make the damn hotel a fortress (not b/c of violence, for things like the late night fire alarms & door hammering etc)...

And most of all - use this for MOTIVATION!

They want to play "mind games"...? Beat them where it counts, with 0-1, 1-2, 2-2 scoreline and politely say "see you the f*ck later Gomez" when we get the hell outta that place after the match...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Winter could point to:

1. The fact that if Torreon were the size of Toronto and had the same murder rate per capita it would mean 9000 murders per year (yes, seriously)
    2. Gomez himself pointed out that TFC won't be safe there.

I don't think it is unreasonable, I travel all around the world to do business, I had a trip to Bangkok scheduled a few years ago when the riots broke out and I didn't go because I didn't feel it was safe at that time. I think Winter could appeal to the 'gods of CONCACAF' or whatever they are called and make a fair case.

MAN, tks for clearing that up about 1-1, that is what I thought and is why I was confused.
    I would suggest a letter, or some form of petition sent to Toronto FC/MLSE/CONCACAF. I mean, i'm sure it wouldn't hurt for the supporters group to also advocate for a change of venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    The fact of the matter is that a prominent member of their club 'hinted' that TFC won't be safe - in that regard, if the game remains there, bring our own security down and surround the boys lile Barack f'n Obama...

Make the damn hotel a fortress (not b/c of violence, for things like the late night fire alarms & door hammering etc)...

They want to play "mind games"...? Beat them where it counts, with 0-1, 1-2, 2-2 scoreline and politely say "see you the f*ck later Gomez" when we get the hell outta that place after the match...
    Yes, please. 2-2, with Kocic netting the tying goal on the very last play of the game from a corner kick by Soolsma: Epic!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants to have a laugh, check out Herculez Gomez's twitter account. TFC/MLS supporters tore him a new one regarding his despicable comments about the safety of TFC players at the stadium in Torreon. I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If anyone wants to have a laugh, check out Herculez Gomez's twitter account. TFC/MLS supporters tore him a new one regarding his despicable comments about the safety of TFC players at the stadium in Torreon. I love it.
    link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    link?
    https://twitter.com/#!/herculezg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Yes, please. 2-2, with Kocic netting the tying goal on the very last play of the game from a corner kick by Soolsma: Epic!!!
    I don't know if my heart could take a corner in the 94th minute with us down by 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    I don't know if my heart could take a corner in the 94th minute with us down by 1.
    Mine would not, but what the heck... EPIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really know what Gomez is talking about. Santos stadium isn't too intimidating and it isn't too popular compared to other teams. Besides in Mexico you don't get much of alarms and door banging. It doesn't happen. Why do you guys assume that?

I'm Mexican I know and hopefully Toronto can pull it off. It will be tough but it can be done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIAF View Post
    Besides in Mexico you don't get much of alarms and door banging. It doesn't happen. Why do you guys assume that?
    I have heard JDG talk at a team event about being serenaded all night before Canada-Mexico WCQ games by horns and mariachi bands outside the hotel. USA team bus famously broke down three times on the way into Mexico City a few years back (just did a quick search for a link, couldn't find one, may look more if I get in the mood)

I'm not from Mexico, but I believe the fans there are as rabid as anywhere on earth, and these sorts of things do occur before truly big games. I'm not 100% sure this game is a big enough game to Santos Laguna to warrant supporters staying up all night to "entertain" the visitors.

Also I hope/believe that there will be a TON of security, which may limit all that.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-30-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone told me a week ago we would being going to SL tied and down an away goal I would have felt distraught. Today I don't. Are we going to lose? Probably. Destroyed? Possibly. But...

All rational thought aside, things are poised for a David and Goliath upset. The first red to Mares I can defend the ref's call, as much as I know he favored us in the game. My impression is Mares saw Ecks coming, got to the ball and raised the boot to defend himself against what he knew was going to be inevitable pain. Look at the replay again. I have seen those type of challenges many times, but how many times does a guy go to ground like that and then raise his foot at about 40 degrees. Ecks gets for sure yellow and probably red If Mares' foot stays anywhere near the ground. With the scoreline what it was, a selfish play imo.

Quintero doing that at the end of the game was doorknob-like IQ stupid. You came here and got the result you could feel comfortable with. Not wanted, but gladly taken. Headbutt at the final whistle? Bright.

Gomez? Are you kidding me? It is universal in sports, don't give them anything extra to play for. Don't guarantee wins, don't make threats etc. Herculez Gomez is not the Mark Messier of football. stfu.

Can we do it? Yes. We. Cann.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    I would streak naked through the streets of Toronto with nothing but a TFC flag and a tallboy of beer if that happens! LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    If someone told me a week ago we would being going to SL tied and down an away goal I would have felt distraught. Today I don't. Are we going to lose? Probably. Destroyed? Possibly. But...

All rational thought aside, things are poised for a David and Goliath upset. The first red to Mares I can defend the ref's call, as much as I know he favored us in the game. My impression is Mares saw Ecks coming, got to the ball and raised the boot to defend himself against what he knew was going to be inevitable pain. Look at the replay again. I have seen those type of challenges many times, but how many times does a guy go to ground like that and then raise his foot at about 40 degrees. Ecks gets for sure yellow and probably red If Mares' foot stays anywhere near the ground. With the scoreline what it was, a selfish play imo.

Quintero doing that at the end of the game was doorknob-like IQ stupid. You came here and got the result you could feel comfortable with. Not wanted, but gladly taken. Headbutt at the final whistle? Bright.

Gomez? Are you kidding me? It is universal in sports, don't give them anything extra to play for. Don't guarantee wins, don't make threats etc. Herculez Gomez is not the Mark Messier of football. stfu.

Can we do it? Yes. We. Cann.
    DAMN RIGHT WE CAN....!!!!

We need to go down there and attack like the HAMMERS OF HELL...!!!! BRING'EM HELL...!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would streak naked through the streets of Toronto with nothing but a TFC flag and a tallboy of beer if that happens! LOL
    You do know that's exactly what is going to happen and you're gonna have to do it right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    You do know that's exactly what is going to happen and you're gonna have to do it right?
    you speak as if Carts have dignity in the first place
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have heard JDG talk at a team event about being serenaded all night before Canada-Mexico WCQ games by horns and mariachi bands outside the hotel. USA team bus famously broke down three times on the way into Mexico City a few years back (just did a quick search for a link, couldn't find one, may look more if I get in the mood)

I'm not from Mexico, but I believe the fans there are as rabid as anywhere on earth, and these sorts of things do occur before truly big games. I'm not 100% sure this game is a big enough game to Santos Laguna to warrant supporters staying up all night to "entertain" the visitors.

Also I hope/believe that there will be a TON of security, which may limit all that.
    National team examples but for clubs don't think so.

By the way I think Gomez deleted his tweet? :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its done, than so it shall be done... (but, can we get a cop to oversee it so I don't get arrested - not the worst request)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you speak as if Carts have dignity in the first place
    Damn, you know me too well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIAF View Post
    National team examples but for clubs don't think so.
    Ahh OK
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have light a candle for good measure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players that played 90 minutes Wednesday and Saturday:

Harden
    Morgan
    Eckersley
    Johnson

Our backline is going to be seriously fatigued in the second half next Wednesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Players that played 90 minutes Wednesday and Saturday:

Harden
    Morgan
    Eckersley
    Johnson

Our backline is going to be seriously fatigued in the second half next Wednesday.
    Im sorry but we really can't use this as an excuse if we don't win on Wednesday. Professional athletes should be able to play 3 games in 7 days, especially young players like Ecks, Morgan, and Johnson. Let's not make excuses before the game even begins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so tfc is not promoting any viewing party at real sports now? what happened to it being the official place to watch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Im sorry but we really can't use this as an excuse if we don't win on Wednesday. Professional athletes should be able to play 3 games in 7 days, especially young players like Ecks, Morgan, and Johnson. Let's not make excuses before the game even begins!
    Agreed! Judging by the posts we would appear to be doomed.

Canadian teams will only surrender one game to the Mexicans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...Herculez-Gomez

Podcast interview of Hercules Gomez who has been getting a lot flaming on twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    so tfc is not promoting any viewing party at real sports now? what happened to it being the official place to watch?
    I heard there was a private function

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 games in 7 days is a lot for anybody though. Hard to be 100% for all three games. And even if Ecks, Morgan and Johnson can handle it, you've got 8 other players on the field and there's bound to be a few veterans playing, who might be the weak links fitness-wise.

It's not an excuse -- it's reality. And flying to Mexico and playing at altitude a few days after playing thousands of miles away doesn't make it any easier. And then they have to fly from Mexico to Montreal and play a road game.

I thought it was pretty clear last year that when TFC played after a week off they played better than when they had fixture congestion.

Thankfully Santos is playing today, away, although who knows if they'll play any starters.
    Last edited by rocker; 04-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez not in the lineup for Santos for their league match in Toluca this afternoon. If anyone wants to take a look, they are playing now : http://www.realtvsport.com/channel-2.php Not the best quality though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxul View Post
    Gomez not in the lineup for Santos for their league match in Toluca this afternoon. If anyone wants to take a look, they are playing now : http://www.realtvsport.com/channel-2.php Not the best quality though.
    http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/1...os-laguna.html
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pre lubing my bum and getting a massive buttplug because Santos Laguna is ripping Toluca apart right now

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that their 1st or 2nd string line up on the field right now ..? I see that only 3 outfield players that started vs. TFC are in the starting lineup for this game ..