Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I disagree with this completely!!!

We NEED TO SCORE, at least once, probably twice - so ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK right off the bat, and if we concede, who cares! Giving one up changed nothing - as a 0-0 draw is a LOSS...

Passive football will be DESTROYED by these guys...

Changing gears is not our strong point, changing gears in that environment, almost impossible...

ATTACK like the HAMMERS OF HELL... Positive, physical, pressure, even dirty football is needed...

Go out and give'em a scare, give'em a hard foul... Let them know WE'RE NOT AFFRAID of your football or your atmosphere & drug war...

ATTACK and PRESS like the HAMMERS OF HELL and show them all their BS chatter means BULLSHIT to us...

They score early, changes nothing to what we need to do...

DON'T BACK DOWN, DON'T BE AFFRAID, DON'T BE PASSIVE - SHOVE THIS MATCH RIGHT DOWN THEIR THROATS...!!!

Holy. Shit.

Every single TFC supporters needs this passion and attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viva los Gringos!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    Holy. Shit.

I think Carts has been permanently drunk since last Wed
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good to see all those cops. A very necessary precaution.
    Yes. Mexican cops. I'm sure everyone feels much safer now that the Mexican cops are there to offer "protection".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Had enough coffee this morning, Carts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about heading down to Joes with a group of 6 or so friends to catch the game. Having never been before, should I be concerned about space and actually getting a spot to watch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT, I don't mean this in pointed, angry way, it's just a calm cool question, but what's the point of NOT believing? I just don't get it. Even if you honestly don't believe they won't win, why not get in on the fun of HOPING they win and talking and laughing about it instead of just saying "nope, not going to happen"?

I'm not trying to tell you how to be a fan or anything, but why not just set all doubt aside for the next 16 hours?
    I've always had this attitude. We can analyze the game to death, we can be negative (if it's a loss!) after the game. But I never understood going in without a positive attitude. I think some people want to protect their fragile psyches, so they want to let themselves down easy from the beginning. If someone thinks TFC is gonna lose, it's easier to take if they do lose. But I find that it's more fun to go into every game expecting a win!!!!

Plus... all we need is a 2-2 tie so it's not out of the real of possibility to advance. Actually, I could see a 3-3 tie as Santos pushes hard and TFC finds openings at the back. Two goals from Johnson and a late goal from Plata to ice it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy. Shit.
    THANK YOU... But, this is how I feel about the lads and what we need to do to pull off the win...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think Carts has been permanently drunk since last Wed
    I would have a lot less stress, and a lot less money, if this was true... C'mon LOTTO MAX - I win & me and Yohan get drunk for a week straight...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Had enough coffee this morning, Carts?
    One cup... This is purely fueled by passion - and the anger from Wednesday...

I hope the lads read this - and know that we're proud of them - we support them - some of us aren't giving up, aren't saying we're going to get killed - some of us are saying GO F*CKIN' GET'EM AND WIN THIS MOTHER F*CKER..!!!!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos 4 - TFC 1

We won't win this match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have a lot less stress, and a lot less money, if this was true... C'mon LOTTO MAX - I win & me and Yohan get drunk for a week straight...!!!
    hahahaha! Carts FTW!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Santos 4 - TFC 1

We won't win this match.
    I boo in your general direction. Even if your prognosis is accurate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos 4 - TFC 1

We won't win this match.
    I raise you 4-0 Santos. However, its my birthday and its my wish this doesn't come true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos 4 - TFC 1

We won't win this match.
    Who cares? If we lost 17-0 last week at home, I'd still be pumped and hoping we were going to win 18-0 in Torreon. what exactly was your point in posting that? so you can come back here if they do lose and say "told you so, internet". Get real.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Seattle decided to attack, they were destroyed. I know we need to attack, but with a high line, we'll be crushed.

But if we decide to put 10 men behind the ball, i will have a heart attack. Can't wait!

Vivas los gringos!! We don't need no stinking Badgers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    One of my favorite scenes of all time, and very appropriate for tonight's historic match.

Somehow, I can't envision Aron Winter delivering a motivational speech with the same intensity though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares? If we lost 17-0 last week at home, I'd still be pumped and hoping we were going to win 18-0 in Torreon. what exactly was your point in posting that? so you can come back here if they do lose and say "told you so, internet". Get real.
    Relax. As much as I agree with you, each user is still entitled to post their opinion. This is the prematch thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just woke up (I know, my life is awesome).

I had a dream we went up 1-0 in this game. I think we scored a second at some point. Not sure about Santos's final tally, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU... But, this is how I feel about the lads and what we need to do to pull off the win...!!!

One cup... This is purely fueled by passion - and the anger from Wednesday...

I hope the lads read this - and know that we're proud of them - we support them - some of us aren't giving up, aren't saying we're going to get killed - some of us are saying GO F*CKIN' GET'EM AND WIN THIS MOTHER F*CKER..!!!!
    yes sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I want us to win but just stating what I think the outcome will be - so piss off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    Relax. As much as I agree with you, each user is still entitled to post their opinion. This is the prematch thread.
    But ALL fans should be hopeful in the pre-match thread and believe in the team until the final whistle. That is what makes us fans (short for fanatics by the way). Otherwise we are just casual objective observers. We are all biased and that is why TFC will go through to the final!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-2 final this evening. We score first, Santos Laguna comes back...then finally we score a goal in around 78th minute to tie it and move on to the finals. Kocic and Ashtone Morgan are the heroes of the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I want us to win but just stating what I think the outcome will be - so piss off.
    So according to you we should have saved ourselves the trouble to even go there and play the match. We would lose 3-0 by not going...which is essentially your prediction. Let us send some positive vibes instead of writing the team off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think 2-2 is doable, even 3-3, it will be a scrappy game with a lot of chances, we just need to finish them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope tonight is reminiscent of the match in Honduras a couple of years ago against Motagua. TFC gutted out a 2-2 draw to advance that night in a hostile environment with questionable officiating.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First goal will win and its going to be Soolsma!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, each user can post whatever they want, my post may have sounded overly aggressive, but I'm not a negative person and I won't outwardly bash other users.. There's just so much negativity on these boards, I just think we, as supporters, should present more of a positive vibe, ESPECIALLY on game day's, let's get pumped for this and enjoy. We're in Canadian no-man's land right now, making history, we're 1 result away from a place only 1 other MLS team has ever been.

Are we underdogs? yes! Should they beat us on paper? Probably! Do I care? not in any way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Even if we don't win, I will be extremely proud of our guys. They have pulled of an amazing run, one of which any club could be proud. Those away wins against Dallas and LA are things that legends are made of.
    Absolutely. This run has been very impressive and something to be proud of, for the entire organization.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    One of my favorite scenes of all time, and very appropriate for tonight's historic match.

Somehow, I can't envision Aron Winter delivering a motivational speech with the same intensity though.
    Can we fit the word "unfortunate" in there somewhere? LOL!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    Yes. Mexican cops. I'm sure everyone feels much safer now that the Mexican cops are there to offer "protection".

I thought the same thing when I saw the pic.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Nothing in the board rules requires all users to be cheerleaders. If there were, this board would be due for a major housecleaning.