Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Yea I know. I was saying that those odds are more comparable to Barca-Milan then Barca-Erin Mills Eagles ..
    I think you've just insulted every Milan fan on this board. No way Milan is 12-1 to lose against Barca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-1 TFC i shit you not....Johnson scores late....!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    for a tough guy, he sounds like a bitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think you've just insulted every Milan fan on this board. No way Milan is 12-1 to lose against Barca.
    Lol. Well, according to the bookmakers they were ..
    http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/international/champions-league-2011-2012/matchdetails.php?matchid=6900767

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 result away from the CCL FINAL!!!!! WTF....thats how close it is!!!! THE FINAL OF THE CCL....1 RESULT AWAY!! this THREAD should be upside down by NOW!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    1 result away from the CCL FINAL!!!!! WTF....thats how close it is!!!! THE FINAL OF THE CCL....1 RESULT AWAY!! this THREAD should be upside down by NOW!!!

For the past week Ive allowed a few moments to pretend what it would be like to make it to the final. Why not us? Fuck em, lets do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on boys!!....Today we become MEN!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!. Today is a huge day and I only hope it continues to get bigger as we make it to the finals. I have faith in this team and I only hope we give it all we got.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Frings make the trip?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Frings I think there would be an outside chance, without... I doubt we can keep a clean sheet.

Remember that the Impact were 5-2 in their stadium, Seattle was 6-1. My heart wants to believe that it will happen... things have lined up for TFC amazingly in this run, including strong away play and unusual thunderstorms. Maybe divine Providence will shine on us, my heart tells me. My brain tells me that the odds are 12-1 against, that TFC will lose, although hopefully we won't be embarrassed like Seattle was.

Even if we don't win, I will be extremely proud of our guys. They have pulled of an amazing run, one of which any club could be proud. Those away wins against Dallas and LA are things that legends are made of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if a win is note in the cards, If TFC play their best and put on a tough show, I will be happy, I am very proud of the boys. LETS GO TFC, give em HELL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Frings I think there would be an outside chance, without... I doubt we can keep a clean sheet.

Remember that the Impact were 5-2 in their stadium, Seattle was 6-1. My heart wants to believe that it will happen... things have lined up for TFC amazingly in this run, including strong away play and unusual thunderstorms. Maybe divine Providence will shine on us, my heart tells me. My brain tells me that the odds are 12-1 against, that TFC will lose, although hopefully we won't be embarrassed like Seattle was.

Even if we don't win, I will be extremely proud of our guys. They have pulled of an amazing run, one of which any club could be proud. Those away wins against Dallas and LA are things that legends are made of.
    OT, I don't mean this in pointed, angry way, it's just a calm cool question, but what's the point of NOT believing? I just don't get it. Even if you honestly don't believe they won't win, why not get in on the fun of HOPING they win and talking and laughing about it instead of just saying "nope, not going to happen"?

I'm not trying to tell you how to be a fan or anything, but why not just set all doubt aside for the next 16 hours?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    OT, I don't mean this in pointed, angry way, it's just a calm cool question, but what's the point of NOT believing? I just don't get it. Even if you honestly don't believe they won't win, why not get in on the fun of HOPING they win and talking and laughing about it instead of just saying "nope, not going to happen"?

I'm not trying to tell you how to be a fan or anything, but why not just set all doubt aside for the next 16 hours?
    That's where the heart comes in.... and my heart will be hoping until the final whistle. I still remember the "miracle in Montreal."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is outclassed. But Discipline and Hard Work will Always beat just class. They have to outwork Santos for all 90'. If they at any point decide to take the foot off the gas- they'll pay for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's where the heart comes in.... and my heart will be hoping until the final whistle. I still remember the "miracle in Montreal."
    That's the spirit! Tonight will be the "Smashing of Santos"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so looking forward to tonight's match. See y'all at Joe's !
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRING THEM HELL tonight boys...!!! BRING THEM HELL...!!!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get the win, we need to thread the needle tonight. Here's what I would do:

Park the bus for the first half. If we're tied at halftime they're going to be frustrated/pissed.
    Second half, play the high line with the counter, just the way we did in the game last Wednesday. Hope to convert one.

It really could happen.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQXE1PJIWCc
    Dear lord in this battle we go through in life, we ask for chance thats fair. A chance to equal our strife, a chance to do or dare. If we should win, let it be by the code with faith and honour held high. If we should lose, let's stand by the road and cheer as the winners go by. DAY BY DAY, WE GET BETTER AND BETTER. TILL WE CAN'T BE BEAT! WON'T BE BEAT!!

(Sorry, I love that Nebraska pregame chant)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is absolutely no pressure on TFC for this one. Everyone expects a massive home win, but this club has a history of unexpected away results when the chips are down. Admittedly a sellout stadium in Torreon is a tad different than an empty House of Cheese/Dallas/Home Depot Center but the ball is round.

Do I expect us to win? No. Do we have a chance? Absolutely. Key is keeping it scoreless for SL in the first 20 minutes, take the fans out of it, then build in 10 minute chunks. Conceed early and it could be a massacre. Discipline is key as SL will try all the tricks in the book.

Good luck, boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probable lineup:
    Santos Laguna (4-4-2):Sanchez; Baloy, Estrada, Hoyos, Olvera; Crosas, Salinas, Ramirez, H. Gomez; Peralta, Suarez.
    So they are playing 7 out of 11 players that played against Toluca plus Gomez and the 2 red cards they had to replace. They are definitely not taking it easy and it is good to see they are showing TFC some respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you Reds! Lets shock all of CONCACAF tonight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    BRING THEM HELL tonight boys...!!! BRING THEM HELL...!!!
    What is it with you and that word?Marge: So, what did you children learn about today?Bart: Hell.Homer: Bart!Bart: Well, that's what we learned about. I sure as hell can't tell you we learned about hell unless I say "hell," can I?Homer: Eh, The lad has a point.Bart: Hell, yes!Marge: Bart!Bart: (Singing) Hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 04-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need i say more! WIN!!!! WIN!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    there is absolutely no pressure on TFC for this one. Everyone expects a massive home win, but this club has a history of unexpected away results when the chips are down. Admittedly a sellout stadium in Torreon is a tad different than an empty House of Cheese/Dallas/Home Depot Center but the ball is round.

Do I expect us to win? No. Do we have a chance? Absolutely. Key is keeping it scoreless for SL in the first 20 minutes, take the fans out of it, then build in 10 minute chunks. Conceed early and it could be a massacre. Discipline is key as SL will try all the tricks in the book.

Good luck, boys!
    I disagree with this completely!!!

We NEED TO SCORE, at least once, probably twice - so ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK right off the bat, and if we concede, who cares! Giving one up changes nothing - as a 0-0 draw is a LOSS...

Passive football will be DESTROYED by these guys...

Changing gears is not our strong point, changing gears in that environment, almost impossible...

ATTACK like the HAMMERS OF HELL... Positive, physical, pressure, even dirty football is needed...

Go out and give'em a scare, give'em a hard foul... Let them know WE'RE NOT AFFRAID of your football or your atmosphere & drug war...

ATTACK and PRESS like the HAMMERS OF HELL and show them all their BS chatter means BULLSHIT to us...

They score early, changes nothing to what we need to do...

DON'T BACK DOWN, DON'T BE AFFRAID, DON'T BE PASSIVE - SHOVE THIS MATCH RIGHT DOWN THEIR THROATS...!!!
    Last edited by Carts; 04-04-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree and I think Winter agrees which makes me happy. He wants to win, he believes we can and will win.

We're going to look Santos in the eye and say "come at us bros" and throw it at them. It's the only way I'd want this game to go. The best defence....is playing in their end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post

AMEN!!!! LETS GET IT FuCKING DONE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just was browsing the MLS4TFC hashtag on twitter, no link but apparently Word is Herculez Gomez bought 1000 tickets for todays game personally and gave them away to some people who cant usually get to games. I really really want to hate that guy, but after the ICF interview and hearing that it's pretty tough. Props to him.

Our only chance to win this is to come out swinging. Try and land the first big blow, a goal inside 10-15 minutes would be MASSIVE for us. Bunkering at no point should be considered, with their skill if we let them play with the ball all day they'll burry us. We need to gain and keep possession, avoid getting caught on counters, track back to group defend and hope for some lucky bounces and some stellar goaltending. We can do it. WE CAN DO IT. It'll be tough, but if there's anything we've learned in over 5 years of watching this team, it's expect the unexpected.

Edit: link http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/s...eague-catch-on
    "The Estadio Corona was nearly sold out as of midday Tuesday (there was a time when CCL games in Mexico were ignored), and Gomez is so eager for local fans to get a taste of international competition that he bought 100 tickets himself and gave them away through Monday Twitter trivia contest. He said fans would have flocked to see David Beckham and the L.A. Galaxy, but that they’re gradually coming around on this Toronto team as well."

Not quite what was said on twitter, still, good for him.
    Last edited by Waggy; 04-04-2012 at 09:15 AM.