Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I heard Winter mention in the post game press conference that Stinson and Henry would be back, but he could have been referring to the CCL match.

In any case, I hope Winter prioritizes the matches accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have to rest the starters for Wednesday if possible and examine our depth.

--------------Kocic-------------------
    Stinson--Maund----Cann----Emory

---------Burgos----Silva------------
    --------------Avila----------------

Makubya-----Koevermans----Plata

My worry with this is that Silva isn't up to playing two ways. His defence was knocked by college scouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree with prioritizing Wensdays CCL match and resting players like Ryan, Aston, JDG, Dunfield (with Frings out we need him defensively) Acavel, Plata, Soolsma, ect......

That being said, we can't throw away anything on Saturday! Our cup-tied/suspended players har to play the full 90, Koves, Eric & Emory. Also lamb could use some minutes and I'd like to see Cordon playing. Keep Milos in net because we're going to need him and play Cann if he is up to it.

Reds need a result on Saturday but if we loss to Crew and somehow win on Wensday than that's all I could ask for

Go TFC!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I see that Ben Hoelzel from the Crew Union took a shot at us in The Guardian today calling TFC a "disgraceful northern club".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...ver?#post-area

Glad to see their not still bitter down there.
    Another summer of hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start with this:

Ecks-----Henry----Aceval----Emory

---------Stinson----Silva-----------

Soolsma-----Koevermans----Plata

1) Aceval needs more time playing to get the mls feel
    2) Henry for Maund
    3) Ecks can go for days
    4) Soolsma looks like he needed to work on some fitness
    5) Cann won't be ready for a full 90 his 1st day back

After 60 make the following changes:

Stinson-----Henry----Cann----Emory

---------Cordon----Silva-----------

Lambe-----Koevermans----Plata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread-jacking!

Montreal away tickets ready for pick up (including first batch and second batch) at Joe's pre game.

See member only thread below. Designated hotel also extended us a few more rooms at $99/night rate if we call in today.
    http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...73#post1466173

Now back to your regular programming.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    So I see that Ben Hoelzel from the Crew Union took a shot at us in The Guardian today calling TFC a "disgraceful northern club".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...ver?#post-area

Glad to see their not still bitter down there.
    Gotta love the KKKrew fans. Xenophobic to the end. I wouldn't even waste much time thinking about their them if their fans and f.o. weren't such a nasty bunch.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-30-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    To me, playing the in the CCL is more important than playing in the MLS playoffs. I don't even think the MLS playoffs are the most important thing that can be won in the MLS, I feel the Supporters Shield is even bigger. But I am a fan of the CCL and Voyageurs Cups over both of them. The CCL is just a much more exciting competition in my eyes. I like playing the best teams in our region. Some of my best experience at BMO have been CCL matches. Last night was a simply amazing experience. Also, the Motagua and Cruz Azul ties are others that stick out.

Not asking to be a dick, but what is it about the MLS playoffs that gives it more of an importance to you?
    I typed a long answer but then explorer crashed, GRR.

But in short, I'd much prefer a seasonal long success rather than the short term high of getting to the CCL final. I would be embarrassed if TFC didn't get into the playoffs in 6 years of its existence. Getting to the playoffs should be number one priority for TFC this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 32 games left in the MLS season in which TFC can qualify for the post season.

There is one game left in the CCL in which TFC can qualify for the Champions League Final.

That is all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    There are 32 games left in the MLS season in which TFC can qualify for the post season.

There is one game left in the CCL in which TFC can qualify for the Champions League Final.

That is all.
    does that mean we should give up on the game tomorrow tho? No, definitely not. We need to be playing the BEST possible 11 we can EVERY week, not on selective one games where we are the underdogs. I'd prefer to put the effort into the games where we CAN win, not the ones where we mostly likely can't! Going into April with zero points in the league would be a complete disaster!

I'd take a win tomorrow over a win Wednesday anyday! I may be alone in that, but I'd always prioritise the league over the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCL semi-final game > MLS league game

I can't believe there some people here think MLS league game (3rd game of season) is more important than CCL semi-final game.

Rest first team and start our "R.A.T" team that played against Vancouver in last preseason game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriosuly, send out the scrubs, let some guys who wouldnt normally play get some experience and confidence under their belt and rest absolutely everyone possible who might be in Wednesdays gameplan.

Of course I'd like to see a win, but this is way less important than a CCL semi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Seriosuly, send out the scrubs, let some guys who wouldnt normally play get some experience and confidence under their belt and rest absolutely everyone possible who might be in Wednesdays gameplan.

Of course I'd like to see a win, but this is way less important than a CCL semi
    No doubt Wednesday is the more important game of the two, but we also do not want to start the MLS season with 3 defeats - 2 of them at home. Especially knowing our away record (heck, away records in the MLS are generally pretty poor, period). We need to win the game tomorrow to at least have something to fall back on if Wednesday is a bust.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Gotta love the KKKrew fans. Xenophobic to the end. I wouldn't even waste much time thinking about their them if their fans and f.o. weren't such a nasty bunch.
    "The Crew have dominated the disgraceful northern club since its inception. It took five years for the Canadians to get their first victory over the Crew, and I suspect it will take at least that long to get their second. The Crew will begin their return to Trillium Cup glory with an easy victory."

trillium.. cup.. glory..? seriously, have they been considering the trillium cup glorious all these years?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    No doubt Wednesday is the more important game of the two, but we also do not want to start the MLS season with 3 defeats - 2 of them at home. Especially knowing our away record (heck, away records in the MLS are generally pretty poor, period). We need to win the game tomorrow to at least have something to fall back on if Wednesday is a bust.
    EXACTLY agreed!

I'm NOT saying that the Columbus game is "more important" than the CCL game. But we NEED to be winning our home league games if we want overall success this season. Games like Columbus at home should be our banker games, games that we should be winning, and especially beating our conference opponents at home.

Lose tomorrow, and it will be an uphill battle through the season to catch up, starting stone cold last in our first month of the league.

Also, if professional players can't play two games in a week, then its pretty pathetic and they all need to be fired! TFC needs to play their best team tomorrow, and "resting them for Wednesday" should never be an issue with pro players. We NEED to win tomorrow get get our season off to a start, equally as much as we WANT to win Wednesday night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Start with this:

Ecks-----Henry----Aceval----Emory

---------Stinson----Silva-----------

1) Aceval needs more time playing to get the mls feel
    2) Henry for Maund
    3) Ecks can go for days
    4) Soolsma looks like he needed to work on some fitness
    5) Cann won't be ready for a full 90 his 1st day back

Stinson-----Henry----Cann----Emory

Stinson and Henry will be in KC, hence unavailable.

And Aceval is wearing a brace!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes I just shit my pants laughing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    sometimes I just shit my pants laughing
    Eww! Sounds gross. My laughing would end pretty fast if it were me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Also, if professional players can't play two games in a week, then its pretty pathetic and they all need to be fired! TFC needs to play their best team tomorrow, and "resting them for Wednesday" should never be an issue with pro players. We NEED to win tomorrow get get our season off to a start, equally as much as we WANT to win Wednesday night.
    They are playing far more than just two games in a week. From the SJ game until the Montreal game they will have played 5 games in 15 days + travel + training. Asking the same 11 to go out and put forth a full effort, over that span is a bit much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    They are playing far more than just two games in a week. From the SJ game until the Montreal game they will have played 5 games in 15 days + travel + training. Asking the same 11 to go out and put forth a full effort, over that span is a bit much.
    The point I'm making is that some people on this forum seem to think that its ALL about the CCL game, and we should just not care about the Columbas game! I'm saying we should give the same importance to both games, so we really need to play the best 11 we can.

Secondly, if I'm earning 1.9 million per season, as JDG is, I would totally expect to be playing all 5 games in that 15 day period. If he can't do that, then there is something very wrong with the world! There are professional athletes, and they should be able to play 5 games in 15 days, easily! Plus, its VERY early in the season right now, players should be 100% fit and raring to go. If I was one of these players, and I was told that I was to be dropped "so I could rest" for a game, I would throw my toys out of the pram Tevez style!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    The point I'm making is that some people on this forum seem to think that its ALL about the CCL game, and we should just not care about the Columbas game! I'm saying we should give the same importance to both games, so we really need to play the best 11 we can.

Secondly, if I'm earning 1.9 million per season, as JDG is, I would totally expect to be playing all 5 games in that 15 day period. If he can't do that, then there is something very wrong with the world! There are professional athletes, and they should be able to play 5 games in 15 days, easily! Plus, its VERY early in the season right now, players should be 100% fit and raring to go. If I was one of these players, and I was told that I was to be dropped "so I could rest" for a game, I would throw my toys out of the pram Tevez style!
    just because you make more money, it doesn't mean your personal fitness is much higher
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really like to see some Silva action, preferably a Silva to Plata link up. I'd like to see a lot more emphasis on developing that partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I'd like to see

Kocic
    Ecks - Harden - Emory
    Cordon
    Avila - Silva
    Burgos
    Lambe-Koevermans-Plata

What we will see:

Kocic
    Ecks-Harden-Maund-Emory
    Dunfield-JDG-Avila
    Soolsma-Koevermans-Plata

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

without a proper DM, TFC is going to get ripped open by Columbus, esp that Moronsevic guy
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    just because you make more money, it doesn't mean your personal fitness is much higher
    If players aren't fit this early in the season, then we are in for a shocking year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people are confusing resource management questions with some sort of surrender complex.

To be clear: schedule congestion and international absences are a fact of life for us.

We're going to need the bench and reserve players to make meaningful contributions if we're going to make the playoffs.

May as well start tomorrow.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Stinson and Henry will be in KC, hence unavailable.

And Aceval is wearing a brace!
    Crap. Thougth they were back and didn't realize Aceval was out.

Start with this:

Maund-----Harden----Ecks----Emory

---------Dunfield----Silva-----------

Maund-----Ecks----Cann----Emory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think some people are confusing resource management questions with some sort of surrender complex.

To be clear: schedule congestion and international absences are a fact of life for us.

We're going to need the bench and reserve players to make meaningful contributions if we're going to make the playoffs.

May as well start tomorrow.
    Exactly, with Aceval wearing a brace, you can not expose him tomorrow. I would say the same for Kocic because should he go down, who can replace him on Wednesday?

And even people on the "2nd team" will need to be managed carefully. Will anyone expect Cann to go 90 - I do not think so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTC and Parking advisory for this Sat's game

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03...rking-advisory

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see a strong team fielded this weekend to get this season going in the right direction. I'm sure some players will be tired after tomorrow and Wednesday's games but the following weekend against Montreal there's a lot of fresh bodies that can start (Koeverman, Cann, Avila, Stinson, Henry) and the schedule gets less congested so everyone will be able to recover.