Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pregame/In Game: 31 Mar Columbus at Toronto

While we are still excited about the Santos game, we still have those sods from Columbus coming up for a visit.

Columbus is not doing particularly well, and we will see just how much squad rotation Winter does in prep for next Wed's 2nd leg match vs Santos. And Columbus always seems to be able to nick a goal for a draw at BMO Field
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard references to a Ticket Trader thread on this board before, but don't know how to find it. So...my apologies for a somewhat off topic post. I can't use my Season Tickets for the Columbus game - a pair in Section 132, row 1 - if anyone wants to take them. Would be happy to sell at cost, which I believe is $32/seat. If you've never sat in the North End, give it a try - I love personally love the extra height vs. the south-end.

Send me a message if you want them. Can send via email from the Account Manager and will go on faith that whoever takes them will e-transfer the cash afterwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all in for CCL, and we're shorthanded.

Play kids, Koevs, and the reserves. Bring in 2-3 deserving Academy kids.

The weather forecast is for cold and rainy conditions again.

Everyone who went 90 minutes last night needs rest! and will be vulnerable to injury. They all must sit for most of Saturday. If the game is close late, guys like RJ and Soolsma can sub in.

If we lose to Columbus, so be it, we understand.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo those thoughts. You cannot sacrifice anything that's needed for Wednesday.

Perhaps Cann can get into this match and get his legs under him a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to see Avila get a run out in the one, seeing as he can't play in the CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onto Columbus? Why do we have to play these commoners?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Everyone who went 90 minutes last night needs rest! and will be vulnerable to injury. They all must sit for most of Saturday. If the game is close late, guys like RJ and Soolsma can sub in.

This. Please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I SO don't agree with your last line! I know we all want to beat these Mexican's, but if we start the season off 0-3 in the league, its going to be an uphill battle. We need to be beating team like Columbus at home if we want any chance of our first playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trillium Cup > CCL.

/trollololo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All hands OFF DECK...

Kocic, Eckersley, JDG, Aceval, Johnson, Plata, Soolsma, Harden etc etc etc - can sit warmly in the press box and focus on Santos...

If you're in Winter's plans for Wednesday - YOU'RE NOT TO PLAY ON SATURDAY!

We're one road win or high-tie from the Champions League Final. Massive underdogs yes - but we need to give our boys every advantage they can get. If that's a week of rest - give it to them...

Koevermans, and the lads from the academy can go out there and bust their asses for a result while, our CCL lineup focuses on Santos...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kocic
    Emory-Cann-Henry-Maund
    Cordon-Avila-Stinson
    Burgos-Koevermans-Makubuya

That'll do!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^You forgot Silva.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Aren't a bunch of those guys still playing for Canada's Olympic qualifying team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty much this. i don't want to be able to recognize half of the players because they're randoms. play every cup tied player we have (3 right?). heck even play rowe in net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really just joking and fired off 11 guys who won't play in next week's game.. (well other than inserting the emergency MLS keeper we have cause I dont know his name)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you guys are putting all the stress on one game next Wednesday eh?

I still personally think that getting to the play offs should be our number one priority this season. We need to WIN this game, not just go along for the ride and give up a home victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ Aren't a bunch of those guys still playing for Canada's Olympic qualifying team?
    Yeah - Stinson and Henry will be KC Saturday afternoon playing against those cheatin' Mexicans!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a must-win. We need to beat teams like these at home to make the playoffs. But rest is important too, Winter has some tough decisions to make, especially with a depleted roster. He's shown in the past he's capable of good squad rotation, so I'm confident he'll make the right moves.

Kocic
    Maund - Harden - Emory - Morgan
    JDG - Dunfield
    Burgos - Avila - Lambe
    Koevermans

Right now there's no DM depth, who could step in for this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Wow you guys are putting all the stress on one game next Wednesday eh?

I still personally think that getting to the play offs should be our number one priority this season. We need to WIN this game, not just go along for the ride and give up a home victory.
    To me, playing the in the CCL is more important than playing in the MLS playoffs. I don't even think the MLS playoffs are the most important thing that can be won in the MLS, I feel the Supporters Shield is even bigger. But I am a fan of the CCL and Voyageurs Cups over both of them. The CCL is just a much more exciting competition in my eyes. I like playing the best teams in our region. Some of my best experience at BMO have been CCL matches. Last night was a simply amazing experience. Also, the Motagua and Cruz Azul ties are others that stick out.

Not asking to be a dick, but what is it about the MLS playoffs that gives it more of an importance to you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As important as it is for us not to sit on 0 or 1 point by the end of Saturday's mach, Wednesday night's match should be 100% priority. Chances are we won't anytime soon get an opportunity like this (being in the semi-finals of CCL that is) therefore we need to give it all we got and if that includes resting players against the Piss Stains, so be it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    To me, playing the in the CCL is more important than playing in the MLS playoffs. I don't even think the MLS playoffs are the most important thing that can be won in the MLS, I feel the Supporters Shield is even bigger. But I am a fan of the CCL and Voyageurs Cups over both of them. The CCL is just a much more exciting competition in my eyes. I like playing the best teams in our region. Some of my best experience at BMO have been CCL matches. Last night was a simply amazing experience. Also, the Motagua and Cruz Azul ties are others that stick out.

Not asking to be a dick, but what is it about the MLS playoffs that gives it more of an importance to you?
    Whether we like it or not, success in MLS is judged by how many MLS Cups you win. To win MLS Cup, you need to get to the playoffs first
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Kocic
    Emory-Cann-Henry-Maund
    Cordon-Avila-Stinson
    Burgos-Koevermans-Makubuya

That'll do!
    Get Kocic out of there because of the risk of injury.
    Use Silva instead of Stinson who will be in KC.
    Henry would have to be replaced by someone from the Academy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't play the current academy kids in MLS matches unless you sign them to the first team. The Voyageurs Cup and the CCL have different rules, you can play the academy kids in them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to start picking up these points at home, dropping three vs SJ was horrible, doing the same vs Columbus are the type of points that cost us in 2009. Its wholly unacceptable to drop these vital points at home. Being a -5 goal differential two games in says a lot about the quality of effort put out by the Reds as well. Need more than just bodies at the stadium from the lads, they need to show up this weekend. Need DK to step it up. He has open up a clinic in front of goal Saturday.

2-1 TFC. DK gets two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Whether we like it or not, success in MLS is judged by how many MLS Cups you win. To win MLS Cup, you need to get to the playoffs first
    I'd take a trip to the CCL Final over a trip to the MLS Cup final any day, every day...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish they would play the game vs. Columbus similar to the Mickey Mouse final vs. Vancouver: lots subs & scrubs, plus Koevermans, Avila, Emory, etc. That Vancouver game was one of the most entertaining I've seen from TFC.

However, undoubtedly we will see at least a couple of guys out there on Saturday, that really shouldn't be there. As a result there will be some injuries in the Saturday game, or fatigue in the following game in Torreon. It's kinda a tradition for TFC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You can't play the current academy kids in MLS matches unless you sign them to the first team. The Voyageurs Cup and the CCL have different rules, you can play the academy kids in them.
    Then Cordon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to the circumstances regarding the CCL status of several players, Winter should still be able to field a quality starting lineup against Columbus while preserving most of the projected starters for the CCL next Wednesday. I would go with this...

---------------Kocic----------------

Henry----Maund----Cann----Emory

---------Stinson----Burgos--------

Avila-----------Silva----------Lambe

------------Koevermans------------
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-29-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Due to the circumstances regarding the CCL status of several players, Winter should still be able to field a quality starting lineup against Columbus while preserving most of the projected starters for the CCL next Wednesday. I would go with this...

---------------Kocic----------------

Henry----Maund----Cann----Emory

---------Stinson----Burgos--------

Avila-----------Silva----------Lambe

------------Koevermans------------
    Except for Stinson and Henry who are with the U23s. I would like a look at Burgos and Amory. Avila will be itching to get on. Aceval will need to be saved. Shame about Frei's injury as Kocic will have to shoulder the burden. As important as the CCL is we still need to get points on Saturday, if we put in anything near the same effort that we did on Wednesday's game I like our chances against Columbus.
    Last edited by TFCwestcan; 03-29-2012 at 09:53 PM.