Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onward

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward

Following my previous post it was beyond a simple prerequisite that a follow up was required.

I posted my disappointment in our efforts last Saturday. Today I am proud we all took a collective moment and brought it for 90+

A slow clap well deserved for all.

Indeed, we must commend not only ourselves but fellow our peers who contributed in the supporters sections and beyond. Truly, we took ownership of the moment and stepped up this evening. Many carried themselves with pride well beyond 90+. It was a great event and one of those moments to showcase to anyone that would question the potential we have when our resolve is united.

It was a historic match and we lived up to the necessary support that such an event required.

With the elements conspiring against us, the rain, the wind, the late start time mid week and beyond, the end result was clear in the end. When motivated we cannot be held silent. The excuses were cast aside in favour of 90+ minutes of solidarity.

The door of a quiet evening and subsequent complaints was wide open to be had. Instead, down 1-0, we stepped up, took an account of what we could muster within ourselves and served notice of what we can do together.

Fucking right.

This is what we need to bring as supporters on a regular basis. If you need a definition to base what being a supporter means, you could look at tonight as a template. 100 years from now continued moments like this will only serve to further our purpose.

Bobby B and Polish Dave should have their choice of free drinks next week because they were truly excellent capoing this evening. They conducted and worked together quite well. Redrat and Bellrose were excellent on the drums too. These guys were a rock for our voices to co-ordinate.

A good showing versus Columbus is another step in developing our legacy.

Rest up, motivate, Saturday.

Come on you reds.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QFT

Thanks to all involved specially capos and drummers and like J. said :

Rest up, motivate, and show up on Saturday.

Come on you reds.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am glad that people woke up yesterday, maybe we need to in the cold all the time.
    Just give me snow

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This morning, I feel like someone beat the crap out of me last night. That tells me it was a good night in the stands.This is a small glimmer of what may come to be in the future. Imagine last nights energy magnified ten fold across the south end, or even across the whole stadium (one can dream). The thought alone is what keeps me going each game. Keep nights like yesterday tucked away in your memory banks for those nights when things don't go our way (there will surely be plenty). Lets strive to keep going and improving, well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am dead today but it was so worth it to see that effort by everyone.

Everyone brought it last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last night was a special night. The boys were unified on the pitch and we were unified in the stands. Like night and day from saturday to last night. At certain times you could just feel the passion in the stadium, a well played match, the night, the rain, the cold, the CCL, all lead to Great Support. EVERYONE did a fantastic job of Supporting the Crest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasnt just in the supporters section, every section was loud and even standing. Reminding me of season 1/2.

Sadly, that will not last, as this crowd had less of the regular season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Following my previous post it was beyond a simple prerequisite that a follow up was required.

I posted my disappointment in our efforts last Saturday. Today I am proud we all took a collective moment and brought it for 90+

A slow clap well deserved for all.

Indeed, we must commend not only ourselves but fellow our peers who contributed in the supporters sections and beyond. Truly, we took ownership of the moment and stepped up this evening. Many carried themselves with pride well beyond 90+. It was a great event and one of those moments to showcase to anyone that would question the potential we have when our resolve is united.

It was a historic match and we lived up to the necessary support that such an event required.

With the elements conspiring against us, the rain, the wind, the late start time mid week and beyond, the end result was clear in the end. When motivated we cannot be held silent. The excuses were cast aside in favour of 90+ minutes of solidarity.

The door of a quiet evening and subsequent complaints was wide open to be had. Instead, down 1-0, we stepped up, took an account of what we could muster within ourselves and served notice of what we can do together.

Fucking right.

This is what we need to bring as supporters on a regular basis. If you need a definition to base what being a supporter means, you could look at tonight as a template. 100 years from now continued moments like this will only serve to further our purpose.

Bobby B and Polish Dave should have their choice of free drinks next week because they were truly excellent capoing this evening. They conducted and worked together quite well. Redrat and Bellrose were excellent on the drums too. These guys were a rock for our voices to co-ordinate.

A good showing versus Columbus is another step in developing our legacy.

Rest up, motivate, Saturday.

Come on you reds.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear FREE!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great night, and the support was excellent. I do have a question, why does the one capo seem to rarely where red? Last night it was black and orange again. It could be the U Sector guy, so maybe nobody would know. It strikes me as odd that the guy leading the cheers is one of the few not in TFC colours. As good as it was, I also wish the drums were only to support chants or songs. When they are being played without vocal support it doesn't sound as good, in my humble opinion.......Not trying to be too crtitcal, but for the sake of debate I'm just sayin'.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The sound was loud and clear on the TV. It hurt not to be there
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my voice is fucking shot and im working today (in a call centre.)
    well done to all last night, the stands, the capos, the drummers.. you're all aces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    It wasnt just in the supporters section, every section was loud and even standing. Reminding me of season 1/2.

Sadly, that will not last, as this crowd had less of the regular season ticket holders.
    This has to be one of the main reasons, everyone who was there wanted to be there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    It was a great night, and the support was excellent. I do have a question, why does the one capo seem to rarely where red? Last night it was black and orange again. It could be the U Sector guy, so maybe nobody would know. It strikes me as odd that the guy leading the cheers is one of the few not in TFC colours. As good as it was, I also wish the drums were only to support chants or songs. When they are being played without vocal support it doesn't sound as good, in my humble opinion.......Not trying to be too crtitcal, but for the sake of debate I'm just sayin'.
    I just wish that that dam trumpet player would shut up, and the violinist as well

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trumpet player and violinist?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    You are correct. That is the U-sector Capo and Dream Job winner, Bobby. You could raise that issue on their board if you wish. Let us know what he says, will you?

As for the drum and the drummer, if they want to fill in dead silence in between chants then so be it. It sounds better than nothing and this isn't a callout but if you personally brought a drum of that size to the stadium and spent the time and effort getting it there would you not want to get as much use out of it as possible? On the whole not many people complain about the background filler beats. If it bothers you and others that's unfortunate but the drummers inspire.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So Bobby did win the dream job contest? Thats awesome. Glad it was him and not one of those girls who worked for mlse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    So Bobby did win the dream job contest? Thats awesome. Glad it was him and not one of those girls who worked for mlse.
    Bobby and some other girl both won. Pretty cool though.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ good to hear, who the fucks this other girl? i voted for armen and then fucked off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    This has to be one of the main reasons, everyone who was there wanted to be there!
    Thank you to all the Supporters who traveled as far as Windsor and Montreal to stand and sing with us last night and really make it a special night. ONE CLUB. ONE VOICE!
    Last edited by DavydMT; 03-29-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fort York, I guess I'm saying I like it a lot at full throttle intensity, not so much into the filler idea. It's not necessary, especially when there was such nice crowd reaction to the flow of the game like last night. Sometimes that is a beautiful sound in its own right. Not trying to put down the effort, but this appears to be the forum for such comments. Thanks for the capo answer, I'm not signing up to ask that one specific question, but it's a bit weird, isn't it?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are noticing what we all come to see in that while we like it or not, people are allowed to support in their own way. I've stood in different area of the stadium in the early days and I didn't feel the beat killed efforts elsewhere.

The short, selfish answer is I want the drum playing chants all game, people singing all game and dressed in gear that supports the club.

But that takes convincing. It's a work in process.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris. I think Bobby is a size L or XL. Saturday maybe you can bring him a TFC hoody, or even a Pull-over Jacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere in 112 was absolutely brilliant. I feel just as described above, as if I'd gotten beat up. Lost my voice and I'm overall exhausted before heading to a lab hah

P.S. I don't get the whole 'as much colour as possible' thing. So long as most people are wearing a scarf or bringing a flag the visual effect is enough, in my opinion. I wear dark colours and bring my red scarf to increase the contrast. Looks nicer in my opinion.
    Last edited by RC8; 03-29-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night games are great.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTingsGwan View Post
    Chris. I think Bobby is a size L or XL. Saturday maybe you can bring him a TFC hoody, or even a Pull-over Jacket.
    LOL, that is classic.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Night games are great.
    This. 100%.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great work by all. Hard to tell how good things sound when standing inside 112, but it's nice to know that folks were in top form. Regarding chants and such; the slow clap needs work. Don't start off so slow. It's obvious, when most people start getting ahead of the capo, that the capo needs to pick up the pace. Also, Oh When the Reds is being sung way too slow at the start. Again, people keep getting ahead of the capo. Goes to show that the pace is off. Needs to be a bit faster and with consistent tempo! None of these long pauses between lines.

My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Great work by all. Hard to tell how good things sound when standing inside 112, but it's nice to know that folks were in top form. Regarding chants and such; the slow clap needs work. Don't start off so slow. It's obvious, when most people start getting ahead of the capo, that the capo needs to pick up the pace. Also, Oh When the Reds is being sung way too slow at the start. Again, people keep getting ahead of the capo. Goes to show that the pace is off. Needs to be a bit faster and with consistent tempo! None of these long pauses between lines.

My 2 cents.
    In the past I would whole heartedly agree with you. But the past two games the timing of the Reds Go Marching In has been perfect. They started it while the teams were in the tunnel so that by the time they came out we were in full swing. People just need to watch visual cues for the tempo. The arms waving are in time with it.

That being said, I honestly think there are elements of the crowd that try to sabotage certain songs like the Reds Go Marching In. There were groups trying to start the Dichio too early as an example and the sarcastic abuse being yelled at Polish Dave was staggering. I was right on the rail of 112 and there were many in 111 who were yelling shit at him the entire game. Drunken losers if I had to guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing night....We were in the north and Sections 111-116 were killing it.

Great match to be a part of and one that I will rember

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night the vibe extended through the whole stadium. I saw the north east part of the stadium lead chants in response to the few mexican fans over there. The north stand was packed too, which was unusual last year. Even in my section, while not organized, the intensity was strong on an individual basis -- lots of heckling and antagonism towards the opposition. It wasn't just the south end that was rocking. I noticed from my vantage point in the northwest that the whole south and south-east sections were like one big wave of activity and emotion. A great sight.

Wonderful night, and nights like that always pull me back in and give me hope.