Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an amazing game. I was in class so I had to record it. Just finished watching now.

But I missed the fight at the end, only saw up until one of the Mexicans pushed away a security guard, and then it cut away. By any chance, did someone record the feed past there, and could you post it up so I can see, or something?

I have to say though guys, they exceeded my expectations like 300%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was expecting us to lose 2-1 or 3-1 tonight, so pleasantly surprised. it was an entertaining game to boot.
    missed the end of the game though - can anyone fill me in on the commotion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG just said Ashtone Morgan was headbutted by #13 and "has a coconut on his head"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you headbutt someone at the end of the game. TFC seems to have a problem with opponents hitting them in Cup matches. Anyone remember when a Montreal player knocked out Nick Garcia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we were the better team on the night and could've won it a few times. Good effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sitting here wondering where everybody is, and why nobody is commenting. Then I realized that all of the real fans were AT the game, and are still probably on their way home or out drinking. lol.

Looking forward to the flood of posts coming in the next little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkolish3 View Post
    Why would you headbutt someone at the end of the game. TFC seems to have a problem with opponents hitting them in Cup matches. Anyone remember when a Montreal player knocked out Nick Garcia
    that was his best moment at tfc. ahh, such fond memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    I hope none of our team members or workers get killed in mexico
    ROFLMAO. That was spit my beer out funny. Thanks for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only the bonehead security @ BMO would have to be restained by the TFC players (Danny K) when the fight broke out at the end of the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed the game. I was impressed with Soolsma. I know I am going to get in trouble for saying this - he did play well, but why does Dunfield always slide to make passes. He did that alot against San Jose and a few times today. But overall, impressed with the effort we put out there.

Does anyone know why Aceval was subbed?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the referee actually blow his whistle to end the game before the Santos bench ran on the field?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Does anyone know why Aceval was subbed?
    Hamstring injury.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic effort tonight. From I through XI the boys should be proud of the result - we outplayed one of the best clubs in CONCACAF and could have easily taken the three points. Eck and Morgan were amazing, and WTF with Soolsma? I think someone hit him over the head and told him he was Ronaldo when he woke up. MOTM.

Let's hope for a driving rainstorm in Mexico next week, some more immature play by Santos and some Jamaican officials that have relatives in North York.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A minor knock apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can honestly say I've never been prouder to support Toronto FC. In a game when we were missing our captain, our best player, our leader, our defensive anchor. Plus our 2nd best defender. Plus with a banged up front line. To play with that kind of heart against the top club in Mexico right now.... I know we didn't win. I know next week we're probably going to get smoked, but god damn it, what's what everyone said about tonight 4 hours ago. COME ON YOU REDS!

Aside: Koevermans holding back that security guard from attacking that cunt....er santos player, was EASILY the highlight of Toronto FC's 5.1 seasons thus far. Freaking gold. You may be able to push central Americans around, and maybe even Americans, but you ain't never tangled with no Canadians before Santos. Watch yo selves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are my thoughts on the match:

JDG had a solid game, but he left me wanting more. He controlled the pitch nicely but sadly nobody near the end of the game was moving around to give him some options. Hence the looping balls overhead. Otherwise, he had some great runs himself where he created some nice plays.

Morgan: Played decent. Got under the skin of the opposition and took them off their game a little bit. His defense is alright but he needs to work on his crosses. If he can get those through a little bit more he could add a great dimension to our offense.

Dumbfield: Between him and Harden I want to rip my eyes out.

Overall the team played with passion today. They worked hard for the balls and were also lucky that Santos wasn't at their best. My man of the match will go to Soolsma as he more often than not created something out of nothing which was really difficult for some of our players to do. I think that a player like Silva could have been useful today to help JDG move the ball up to the strikers.

Fun game to watch and I was impressed by the supporters for sticking through the shite conditions. Kudos to you all, wish I could've been there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To have Santos Laguna's coach complaining about the quality of reffing in the match makes me so happy i could jizz rainbows.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I can honestly say I've never been prouder to support Toronto FC. In a game when we were missing our captain, our best player, our leader, our defensive anchor. Plus our 2nd best defender. Plus with a banged up front line. To play with that kind of heart against the top club in Mexico right now.... I know we didn't win. I know next week we're probably going to get smoked, but god damn it, what's what everyone said about tonight 4 hours ago. COME ON YOU REDS!

Aside: Koevermans holding back that security guard from attacking that cunt....er santos player, was EASILY the highlight of Toronto FC's 5.1 seasons thus far. Freaking gold. You may be able to push central Americans around, and maybe even Americans, but you ain't never tangled with no Canadians before Santos. Watch yo selves.
    Absolutely agree with this, extremely proud of the boys after this match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know what TFC team will show up. I like this one.

Sooooo, who plays center forward in the 2nd leg?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    You never know what TFC team will show up. I like this one.

Sooooo, who plays center forward in the 2nd leg?
    Play RJ at up top, with plata and soolsma on the wings. Silva as AM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think JDG deserves a nod in his direction. He played well, and stepped up a notch. He's no superstar, but a genuinely Good Midfielder today. I also like how in the beginning of the game he looked like a leader out there, although that died off towards the end.

I still feel a bit dizzy from all the Soolsma moves. Man that guy will make your headspin once in a while- impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuvinho - sounds right to me. IMO that would be a potent attacking formation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From 110, we brought it guys. Let's keep that passion up. The boys on the field had it, and we had it. Incredible night, too bad we couldn't get a second

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also good to see Cann on the bench at least.

Harden scared the shit out of me everytime he touched the ball. His starting days are numbered...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a TFC fan, reffing was pretty good. But in all honesty the ref fuked up on the Eckersley play, and the penalty in Toronto's box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jus got back.
    Fucking cold but great game. We had the chances to take that 3-1 but, 1-1 against this tough team is a commendable result.
    Soolsma was excellent. I'll give credit to JDG and for those that know me, I dislike him a lot.....so thats a lot for me to say.

We played well....

1st Red for the tackle on Ginger Pele was a stone cold Red.
    We were lucky not to get a penalty against us......
    But, also the ref missed like, 3 handballs by them.

I must admit, Im disapointed that Laguna showed no class, They are a diving, cheating, whining, classless bunch of fuckers.....

Decent result. Well played boys and give 'em hell in Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    As a TFC fan, reffing was pretty good. But in all honesty the ref fuked up on the Eckersley play, and the penalty in Toronto's box.
    Yeah, we got away with one for a change. SL coach was furious about reffing. Turnabout is fair play like they say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that Soolsma has made the most progress this year compared to last year. Danny K looked gassed out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I know I am going to get in trouble for saying this - he did play well, but why does Dunfield always slide to make passes. He did that alot against San Jose and a few times today.
    I must say that I haven't observed Dunfield always sliding to make passes. I did notice Dunny quickly recognizing his options, finding an outlet, and then moving into space. His passes mostly made their mark. Dunfield did well connecting the backline to the forwards and TFC's attack wasn't reliant on the wings alone or on looping long balls. How many times has TFC been completely dominated and been unable to move the ball through the middle of the pitch? That certainly wasn't the case tonight. I also noticed that Dunfield's play allowed JDG to provide cover defensively. Part of the reason why JDG had such a good game was because Dunfield did his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye, DK needs to find his touch. He seems to have lost it almost completely. That play where he got a perfect pass from Lambe and roofed it after being wide open is a perfect example of our DP striker backfiring. But his positioning is still top notch.