Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the Towrads step up big time in Torreon next Wednesday...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of MLS fans rooting for TFC in this situation. (I also remember cheering for RSL in last year's CCL.) Example, from the "Gomez issues warning" article on the MLS website, this is what a commenter from Los Angeles had to say: "I want Kocic to stuff Gomez in game 2, and Ryan Johnson to have chunks of Santos players stuck in his cleats after he runs them over for the series winning goal."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think banners must be in english, for some reason i remember that bieng a rule

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Lots of MLS fans rooting for TFC in this situation. (I also remember cheering for RSL in last year's CCL.) Example, from the "Gomez issues warning" article on the MLS website, this is what a commenter from Los Angeles had to say: "I want Kocic to stuff Gomez in game 2, and Ryan Johnson to have chunks of Santos players stuck in his cleats after he runs them over for the series winning goal."
    Good to see supporters of other MLS clubs getting behind TFC. MLS teams going deep in this tournament is good for the league, not just the club itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the best all time games I have ever seen at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re watched the game today and got goosebumps when Aceval buried. Finding out Koevermans won't be around for the second leg sucked but I'm not erasing that game off my PVR.

The boys brought it last night and so did we in the stands. Last night is the reward we get for all the tough times we go through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    One of the best all time games I have ever seen at BMO.
    People who think Santos 'lost' this game should look up the game stats, which we led in pretty much every category other than fouls.

This was a well-executed gameplan, with one moment of weakness on the offside trap. we played positionally the same offensive game IN their zone, but instead of building through the back, distributed through the middle via the target forward, and sometimes shorter to Johnson in the hole.

I thought everyone played well. Aceval was positionally shaky and made some bad decisions, but kinda made up for it with the blistering left foot.

That game plan really did them. We sat off their backline completely but still pressured quickly at the half line. It really broke up their flow, and forced their backline to distribute more long balls than would be normal for a team that usually uses patient pressure.

I don't know if it'll survive the altitude (which to me is quite logically the only component that shows up again and again in explaining repeated late MLS losses there) but we should probably stick with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Re watched the game today and got goosebumps when Aceval buried. Finding out Koevermans won't be around for the second leg sucked but I'm not erasing that game off my PVR.

The boys brought it last night and so did we in the stands. Last night is the reward we get for all the tough times we go through.

3:21-3:23

Repeat x10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ beauty. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha Gomez makes me laugh. What is he trying to do with a comment like this?

"I don't know how much you guys know about our home crowd and the city we live in, but it's probably not the smartest idea picking a dogfight."

I swear if this were a UEFA competition he would get disciplined for enticing crowd violence. Why isn't it the smartest idea to pick a dogfight? How is that relevant to the city you live in and your home crowd? Did our fans in Toronto run onto the pitch? Seriously what a mickey mouse mentality.

Hey Gomez, congrats on pointing out that a Mexican club has more violent fans and being proud of that. You just summarized one of the biggest problems in football (other than corruption). I am proud that we don't have violent fans..that we can all go to BMO Field with children like a civil society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Gomez was being malicious with his comments, he's usually a class act.

To me it just sounds like he's just sending a fair warning in case any travelling Toronto FC fans (if there are any) decide to go all "hoolie" in Torreon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Ha Gomez makes me laugh. What is he trying to do with a comment like this?

"I don't know how much you guys know about our home crowd and the city we live in, but it's probably not the smartest idea picking a dogfight."

I swear if this were a UEFA competition he would get disciplined for enticing crowd violence. Why isn't it the smartest idea to pick a dogfight? How is that relevant to the city you live in and your home crowd? Did our fans in Toronto run onto the pitch? Seriously what a mickey mouse mentality.

Hey Gomez, congrats on pointing out that a Mexican club has more violent fans and being proud of that. You just summarized one of the biggest problems in football (other than corruption). I am proud that we don't have violent fans..that we can all go to BMO Field with children like a civil society.
    Agreed.

Where's CONCACAF FO to punish Gomez for making such comments? What a joke!

This shows how much we rattle Santos. lol

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos Laguna and mexican football in general doesn't have violent fans. Gomez is just a journeyman footballer who is enjoying the dim lime-light that is being shone on him right now. He doesn't sound all that intelligent either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. I hope we beat these scumbags and Bob de Klerk runs out and rubs it right in his face...

2. If we're going to lose, and are down by a pair - I have no problem with Aceval or Johnson breaking this f*cks nose...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."