Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. None. There were at least a half dozen teams in England - including Premiership side Sunderland (and I think Roy Keane is a better judge of a player's value than you are) wanted to sign him but he refused to play in England because he said he'd never play a game against Norwich City. He has played on the wing recently, but he has plenty of experience as a striker. With our mid-field feeding him the ball, he'd tear this league apart.
    Please,

Like I said he is old 32. We need younger players for the DP position. Like I said he ha sbeen playing the wing lately. Also has a history of hip problems and we can't take a risk on players with injury problems. If he is so good why didn't Norwich re sign him???? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Norwich just baely clinch a spot for the Championship league last season. They are a weak side and if he can't play for them it tells you all you need to know.

Our Dp slot has to be for a younger, fitter and better palyer. I don't want another Dicchio.

MUFC_Niagara

It really seems to just wanted to be in California....the turf seems like just an excuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    Fuck him, We want players that want to be here.As far as I am concerned I allready have forgoten the CUNT?
    currently the 'fuck him' list is getting a bit long

Kiki Musampa, Sabo Milosevic, Ronnie O Brien, Radz, Stalteri, Huckerby.

There's more too.

Are 90% of the players we try to bring in going to end up on this list?

Are the other 10% making themselves known?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    Please,

Like I said he is old 32. We need younger players for the DP position. Like I said he ha sbeen playing the wing lately. Also has a history of hip problems and we can't take a risk on players with injury problems. If he is so good why didn't Norwich re sign him???? Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Norwich just baely clinch a spot for the Championship league last season. They are a weak side and if he can't play for them it tells you all you need to know.

Our Dp slot has to be for a younger, fitter and better palyer. I don't want another Dicchio.
    Another spectacularly fucking stupid post from Giambac and it's only 9:43 am MTN time.

I don't want him either, now, but that's only because he doesn't want to play for us, so fuck him.

But every point you've made here is fucking wrong in this case, and comes from the usual stupid generalizations.
    1. He isn't slow, he's fast. He's just been injured a lot. That doesn't always slow you down substantially, and hasn't in his case.
    2. He's more skilled with a football at his feet than anyone on our team save Ricketts and has a better shot than anyone save Robert and Guevara.
    3. He's a better player outright than just about anyone we have, period.

You're so fucking clueless. Why don't you just save us all the daily frustration of smacking our heads against brick walls after reading your posts by commenting on the leagues you actually follow and know something about, rather than just shitting on every English player that gets mentioned on here.

Or, in case you need reminding, you're the idiot who thought Ricketts was a wash, thinks Carver is a step down from Mo, and thinks Darren Huckerby might be "another Dichio." There are brain-injured mongloids in East Hartford, Connecticut that know more about English football and the players coming out of it than you do, Giambac.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear, a bunch of the people on this board work for the makers of fieldturf. I really do.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Another spectacularly fucking stupid post from Giambac and it's only 9:43 am MTN time.

I don't want him either, now, but that's only because he doesn't want to play for us, so fuck him.

But every point you've made here is fucking wrong in this case, and comes from the usual stupid generalizations.
    1. He isn't slow, he's fast. He's just been injured a lot. That doesn't always slow you down substantially, and hasn't in his case.
    2. He's more skilled with a football at his feet than anyone on our team save Ricketts and has a better shot than anyone save Robert and Guevara.
    3. He's a better player outright than just about anyone we have, period.

You're so fucking clueless. Why don't you just save us all the daily frustration of smacking our heads against brick walls after reading your posts by commenting on the leagues you actually follow and know something about, rather than just shitting on every English player that gets mentioned on here.

Or, in case you need reminding, you're the idiot who thought Ricketts was a wash, thinks Carver is a step down from Mo, and thinks Darren Huckerby might be "another Dichio." There are brain-injured mongloids in East Hartford, Connecticut that know more about English football and the players coming out of it than you do, Giambac.
    QFT....except I would like him to play for us. He's leaving England because he said he'd never play against Norwich City...IMO you can't pay enough for that type of character. Imagine the love if TFC decided to cut Jimmy B and he chose to leave the league because he refused to ever play against TFC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLSE was willing to spend money on TFC, in the same manner they do with the leafs and raptors, there would be a line-up of potential young stars, from all over the planet, waiting to sign up for the club. Instead, we make gods out of UK based players, no matter how old, how slow, how crippled, how out of favour, the player is. We will see how good Huckerby is playing for San Jose, a team that is probably equal in caliber to the one he left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smenge View Post
    We will see how good Huckerby is playing for San Jose, a team that is probably equal in caliber to the one he left.
    could not disagree more,

Norwich would destroy the current earthquakes squad, on any day of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLSE was willing to spend money on TFC, in the same manner they do with the leafs and raptors, there would be a line-up of potential young stars, from all over the planet, waiting to sign up for the club. Instead, we make gods out of UK based players, no matter how old, how slow, how crippled, how out of favour, the player is. We will see how good Huckerby is playing for San Jose, a team that is probably equal in caliber to the one he left.
    Not just UK players... the same happened on this board for Kluivert, Gomes (who rejected a TFC offer today) and many others. You may also have noticed that there is a salary cap... tough to queue up a waiting list of guys wanting to make 50K US a year.

Again, I can't see how MLSE is faulted anywhere in this, they made a big an offer to a big name guy this week seemingly without anyone knowing about it until today and it was rejected.
    Last edited by noochie; 07-12-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The average age of MLS DPs is 33 years old...the money is there, but young players aren't interested in playing in a low level league for a number of reasons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomes would have been a great addition to our team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DP money is available. You can only sign one (or two?).

And, athletes have been coming to North America for years. The two new players from Africa, signed by the Revolution, are as good as anybody on TFC, if not better. If you know how to use the cap, a player from a third-world country would not scoff at 400k, when he is playing for oats at home, and riding a donkey to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, athletes have been coming to North America for years. The two new players from Africa, signed by the Revolution, are as good as anybody on TFC, if not better. If you know how to use the cap, a player from a third-world country would not scoff at 400k, when he is playing for oats at home, and riding a donkey to work.

First you argue that if only MLSE would spend the money young players would be lining up to sign for us, now you're realizing that the MLS is about cap management and not about willingness to spend money. Getting players from Africa is easier said than done - there are immigration issues that players from commonwealth countries don't face. Your condenscending remarks about "playing for oats" and "riding a donkey to work" are at best ignorant, at worst outright racist.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand is why we aren't using the DP. We lack the quality to be a GREAT team and if we can bring in a few big names, we can really compete. Also, if the turf is a problem for players, then let's do something about it. Why give people excuses to leave?

I have been reading, and the attitude from the supporters is "If you don't want to play for us, then good ridings". We shouldn't think this way or else we'll only end up with guys with good attitude but short on talent. We need to have both and we need to create a team that people WANT to come to.

We have no history, why would people WANT to sign with Toronto FC? We need to make it a good place for the players, not just the supporters.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read on this board. There are also international restrictions on the number of players on the roster also... not that this makes any sense to you. In addition you can't pay every non-domestic player max non-DP money (you only get 1 or two of those per team).

You seem much more qualified to run the franchise than anyone currently in the front office.
    Last edited by noochie; 07-12-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrtomasino View Post
    What I don't understand is why we aren't using the DP. We lack the quality to be a GREAT team and if we can bring in a few big names, we can really compete.
    I don't think it hasn't happened for lack of trying... contrary to what you might think not every negotiation goes public from day one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    I don't think it hasn't happened for lack of trying... contrary to what you might think not every negotiation goes public from day one.
    Agreed, its a well known fact with management and support that we are lacking a top level striker, i have no doubt in my mind that Mo is doing his best to bring one to the table.