View Poll Results: Are you in favour of the new pyro (multiple flare) setup @ BMO or are you against it?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am in favour of TFC front office keeping the pyro (multiple flare) setup. It looks great!

60 46.51%
  • No, I am against TFC front office keeping the pyro (multiple flare) setup. I have my reasons.

30 23.26%
  • I couldn't care less whether they keep it or not.

39 30.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The use of pyro AT BMO ,BY you.

They heard that AL-MO's like flares so they put up some flares. You'd rather no flares at games unless it's in your hands? If that's your message I'm sure they'll listen to that.

Flares are no different than banners or flags etc, they should be done by the fans for the fans, it is contrived and pathetic when it is done by the club. That said there are clubs that work very well with supporters groups to make it work, TFC is not one of them however, in my opinion.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I got the impression that the flare setup was specifically for the Hercules fly-past, and it was just really badly co-ordinated?

Or are the flares meant to be a permanent set up for the whole season?
    Like most things it will probably depend on feedback and reaction to it (feedback = not exclusively from our message board).

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    Flares are no different than banners or flags etc, they should be done by the fans for the fans, it is contrived and pathetic when it is done by the club. That said there are clubs that work very well with supporters groups to make it work, TFC is not one of them however, in my opinion.
    The league sees a difference. I see a difference. I see a difference between a flag and a banner as well.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they were awesome.
    more please.

if you didnt think they were completely aesome in every way . .
    then you are not OULTRA, and will never ascend mount OULTRA. . the heaven for OULTRA's/ / never ver.

the message I got was./
    "it is now OK to do Pyro at BMO"

and until I get a personalized mwessage, in my inbox, dierect from the FO telling me so.
    that is what I am going to think
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they.
    were.
    awesome.

and this "contrived" and "If its done by teh FO, its no good crap"

If you want to see big tits, slapping in your face.
    and some company decided to buy you a lap dance.
    would you complain? really?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technorgasm View Post
    and this "contrived" and "if its done by teh fo, its no good crap"

if you want to see big tits, slapping in your face.
    And some company decided to buy you a lap dance.
    Would you complain? Really?

BEST... ANALOGY... EVER...!!!

In other words... YEAH BUDDY...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    they.
    were.
    awesome.

and this "contrived" and "If its done by teh FO, its no good crap"

Some people would just rather hold them or not see them at all...

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If FO puts the display on, people call it plastic or fake. If they don't do stuff like this then people say they are not trying hard enough.
    I agree with Phil.

These guys are trying. They know we like flares, so they do it in a controlled environment... thats cool. Beats doing it in the stands where someone can get hurt.
    The plane was a nice touch.. they're trying! Better than no doing anything at all. Baby steps folks. Next step, maybe they'll start talking to the supports groups and implementing some of our ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting in the 1st row behind them was a little harsh. Yes they looked great and I like the idea...BUT, it was not only the smoke, there were some sort of particles flying into our eyes......

I guess I'm getting old (no, I am) but whatever....it's not going to kill me so either way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think the analogy had the right effect on me, for some reason it just really makes me excited to be going to my girlfriends house after work today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is totally contrived and for those of us who have enjoyed the real thing overseas, it verges on becoming totally comedic. There is a huge difference between what they did on Saturday and what you will find in countries all over the world, whether it Italy, Serbia, Poland, Brazil or whatever, anyone who thinks there is any relation between the farce on Saturday and where it is done by the fans has never personally witnessed or been involved with real pyro.

And for the record the tits analogy is bollocks, why the fuck do I want some company to pay for big tits in my face when I can just go and fuck the girl attached to a pair of tits?

Get real.

As long as we are having flyovers why not have cheerleaders and blast Ozzy's Crazy Train and pretend we are at an NFL game?

Anyway, the discussion is fine, the FO will do what the FO wants to do with the fans irrelevant to the decision anyway. That's the way this team rolls. Our discussion and the various view points really doesn't hold much consideration with them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they were awesome.
    more please.

if you didnt think they were completely aesome in every way . .
    then you are not OULTRA, and will never ascend mount OULTRA. . the heaven for OULTRA's/ / never ver.

the message I got was./
    "it is now OK to do Pyro at BMO"

and until I get a personalized mwessage, in my inbox, dierect from the FO telling me so.
    that is what I am going to think
    If the FO wants to buy me a lap dance, thats cool, the pyro was pretty lame . I hope that kind of display does not become the norm at BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I never get desensitized to watching games at BMO that I need Pyro to have a good time.

You want proof that they are listening to us? We bitch and moan about flares, so they put up flares themselves. It's akin to when Bart wanted Bonestorm, but Marge bought him Lee Carvello's putting challenge instead, but don't tell me they are not listening and trying. It's a weak argument.

I think flares make us look like soccer nerds, rather than cool, but to each their own.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, the discussion is fine, the FO will do what the FO wants to do with the fans irrelevant to the decision anyway. That's the way this team rolls. Our discussion and the various view points really doesn't hold much consideration with them.
    If it was irrelevant it would've been status quo on the weekend. It was different.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The use of pyro AT BMO ,BY you.

They heard that AL-MO's like flares so they put up some flares. You'd rather no flares at games unless it's in your hands? If that's your message I'm sure they'll listen to that.
    I am in favour of the atmosphere at the stadium to be 100% driven by Supporters. And that's all I will say in regards to this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I am in favour of the atmosphere at the stadium to be 100% driven by Supporters. And that's all I will say in regards to this.

Agreed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    What is it that people like about flares or smoke bombs? I've never really understood the facination. There is something primal or tribal about fire, I can see that. At the same time that attitude seems like it comes from an era when the crowds weren't filled with middle class folks. In all sincerity, what are the feelings people have when they see the Chicago supporters lighting flares? Excitement? Dread? Chaos? Unity? Power? I'm not judging negatively because I'm really just curious as to why others have strong feelings for them.
    There are alot of reasons why people like pyro.

On a very basic support level though, it seems to make the Support in the stands WAY more intense. People get louder, they start jumping around and participating in what's going on in the section more and they seem to just let go of any reservations they may have had before. (I'm not sure why in particular, it just happens)

All you have to look at is the game last year where TFC where losing 3-0 to DC. Smoke went off in 112, and people just went absolute bonkers. Probably the loudest "Just can't get enough" ever. (youtube it if you want to see) Now it didn't really matter as the team still lost, but the point is still valid. Imagine if TFC were winning 3-0 and that happened....how loud would it have got? A former RPB president even told me after the game "That was the best thing to ever happen to 112".

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a very basic support level though, it seems to make the Support in the stands WAY more intense. People get louder, they start jumping around and participating in what's going on in the section more and they seem to just let go of any reservations they may have had before. (I'm not sure why in particular, it just happens)

All you have to look at is the game last year where TFC where losing 3-0 to DC. Smoke went off in 112, and people just went absolute bonkers. Probably the loudest "Just can't get enough" ever. (youtube it if you want to see) Now it didn't really matter as the team still lost, but the point is still valid. Imagine if TFC were winning 3-0 and that happened....how loud would it have got? A former RPB president even told me after the game "That was the best thing to ever happen to 112".
    True True
    Although they might not be allowed BMO, I remember that did ratch things up in a loosing effort.
    Best JCGE ever.

I was suprised to see the display, however I voted it didn't matter one way or another.
    This is another poll/thread that will go on without ever having an agreement on way or the other.
    Just my 2 cents.
    All For One...
    Last edited by Torontotonto; 03-27-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: without

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey maybe the FO is reading. we know they lurk on here

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand TFC FO made an effort to appease the fans, and I applaude the FO for trying, however to me a staged display is not the same as a spontaneous act of passion, flares or otherwise.
    Having said that, we have to live with it. I don't think the day will come when flares will be officially allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    To me it looks like FO is doing everything they can to bring life back to the games, supporters and not doing it so they have to double their efforts
    i don't think FO is doing everything they can, because they also have made things harder for supporters such as only letting flags and banners in through gate what 5 or something? also unless you are in the stadium with your flag half an hour before game it is not aloud in. I noticed that made some people not bring flags anymore. Increase ticket prices sure did not help the atmosphere and Also FO could do things such as change the south end to a general admission, would help us as supporters get better organised, i don't see TFC jumping at that idea tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the pyro was ok, would look much better if we had lots of flags and big Tifo banner right behind the fire and smoke, but to bad our supporter groups are more off to the side of the stand 113,112,111.
    Last edited by james; 03-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree, they didn't talk to the supporters about this. They did not try to work with us to make it look alot cooler. Maybe we could of organised a cool TIFO with the supporters and the fire and smoke with the FO. But just like usual they don't seem to ever want to get to close with the supporters, just add things in that they think might please us. But i really don't think they actually want to get that involved with the supporters. For some reason i think they want to keep there distance. And by doing that makes it feel plastic!
    Last edited by james; 03-27-2012 at 07:55 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And consequence "for best thing that ever happened in 112" was worth the security measures that were implemented and made life very difficult for all supporters for several months.

That "best thing that ever happened in 112" fucked up the support for the rest of the year,it was almost impossible for people responsible for banners,flags,drum to show up 3 fucking hours prior to the game to get checked and searched.

The bullshit that all 3 SGs have to deal with for the rest of the year was worth the one flare that made few people to feel like "real" Ultras,I don't think so,but who am I to tell people how to behave for the SG best interests.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    hey maybe the FO is reading. we know they lurk on here

Not just FO,but members of other SGs too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Not just FO,but members of other SGs too.
    not sure what that has to do with anything *shrug*
    and if you're going to counter point something, at least make sure the reason why anything happend, is right. smoke isn't a flare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

That "best thing that ever happened in 112" fucked up the support for the rest of the year,it was almost impossible for people responsible for banners,flags,drum to show up 3 fucking hours prior to the game to get checked and searched.

The bullshit that all 3 SGs have to deal with for the rest of the year was worth the one flare that made few people to feel like "real" Ultras,I don't think so,but who am I to tell people how to behave for the SG best interests.
    April 16, 2011: Pyro at BMO
    July 27, 2011: All 3SGs working together and looking very good.

World didn't end on April 16th
    Last edited by DavydMT; 03-27-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their heart is in the right place but it was a piss poor display imo. It's like going to Hot Topic to buy clothes and thinking you're now a punk. Also the display it was self was very PG ..... they should obv make the display much bigger and at least get it to PG-13 level.

Was half expecting a mascot to start firing hot dogs out of a cannon after it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    April 16, 2011: Pyro at BMO
    July 27, 2011: All 3SGs working together and looking very good.

World didn't end on April 16th
    That clip makes me said. If that's the best of last season, for example, I don't know how we can say the support is good when other groups/teams do a way better job.

From a strictly SG perspective. (Don't want to get into a buying tickets, attendance debate.)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having a whole series of flares lined up in bunches will cause far more complaints than the same number spread individually all over the south end.

Look, here's the thing. Some people have asthma or other breathing difficulties. I know I've suffered more than my fair share of coughing fits thanks to pyro, but when it's the case of one or two guys popping a pair of flares off in my section, people can move away until things clear up - not a big deal really. But when you've got an entire section blanketed in in smoke and fumes, I guarantee we're gonna have a lot of complaints over it because it's impractical to expect a dozen or so people to find and move to an exit, head into the back of the stadium to some fresh air, and move back to their seats when it's all done.

Putting flares in the hands of a few trusted individuals and spacing them out seems like the best option.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    I think FO's intentions are in the right place; finding us alternate and safe means to do something; however I fully understand the comment that it is done without heart or feeling just for the sake of a "show".

There really are two approaches now we just say ya no thanks or we work with them to find something that satisfies everyone
    This is why I voted yes.

It's a good starting point but tacky and manufactured/forced/cheesy the way it was done.

Hopefully it can evolve into something that everyone could be happy with.