View Poll Results: Are you in favour of the new pyro (multiple flare) setup @ BMO or are you against it?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am in favour of TFC front office keeping the pyro (multiple flare) setup. It looks great!

60 46.51%
  • No, I am against TFC front office keeping the pyro (multiple flare) setup. I have my reasons.

30 23.26%
  • I couldn't care less whether they keep it or not.

39 30.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    They didn't even do it smartly... they should have spread it out a little more if they were going to do that.
    Exactly. It would be much better if they were spread out the length of the South Stand. I also think they should ignite them after we score. If I'm not mistaken in Chicago they have a massive fireball go off after each goal. Looks pretty epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flares only really look good in someone's hand being held aloft or waving around. The candelabra approach does not work for me.

Why not 'train' a select few who are 'licensed' to use them in a safe place with a water bucket near by? (I know why: some other nutter won't get it and bring their own)

Or better yet, TFC cheerleaders waving flares. Just imagine the Toronto Rock dancers doing routines with flares in hand. Nice...

(and yes, I am totally kidding)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    The FO also had staff in spots around the stadium, lauching shiny streamers from plastic tubes. It was ok, but had plastic feel to it.
    i'm never sure what people mean by saying plastic, it is a job of fo's marketing department to sell "the experience". i prefer to say amateur and cheap, because that is how our front office is going about things. from quality of videos they produce to events they put together.

here is an example of what Seattle's FO is doing, few people refereed to them as plastic, maybe they are, i'm not the one to say. but at-least they make it look professional.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    what's next? pumping chants through the pa?
    turning us into seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post
    i'm never sure what people mean by saying plastic, it is a job of fo's marketing department to sell "the experience". i prefer to say amateur and cheap, because that is how our front office is going about things. from quality of videos they produce to events they put together.

here is an example of what Seattle's FO is doing, few people refereed to them as plastic, maybe they are, i'm not the one to say. but at-least they make it look professional.

So I'm gonna go ahead and predict no matter what FO does there will complaints that they could do better or/and do nothing at all.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So I'm gonna go ahead and predict no matter what FO does there will complaints that they could do better or/and do nothing at all.
    Pretty much, just like we can't collectively decide on anything in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think this is going back to a conversation we had last year after home opener about place of FO in the supporters culture "Imitation is the sincerest form of..... "

and as (football supporters and paying customers) we should always expect only the best from the club on and off the pitch (off the pitch is much easier to manage)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fort york redcoat View Post
    so i'm gonna go ahead and predict no matter what fo does there will complaints that they could do better or/and do nothing at all.
    it was too windy opening day. Why didn't they make it not windy!?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it was too windy opening day. Why didn't they make it not windy!?
    Because ML$E is too cheap and don't care if the team winds or not.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    Because ML$E is too cheap and don't care if the team winds or not.
    well played very well played.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it a step in some direction? sure it is
    not sure if it's a step in the direction as someone who likes this stuff wants it to be or not. i'm just afraid once this keeps happening, it's all we'd ever get.
    if this is their stick and carrot, they can keep it i'm not hungry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. It's better than having nada
    2. Wasnt there because i had to work... But it looks like a cake of Flares... Picture looks odd
    3. I prefer SMOKE... Lots of it... In Black / Red / Grey
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally would gladly accept never being able to use flares at BMO, if it meant i can bring in my own smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    2. Wasnt there because i had to work... But it looks like a cake of Flares... Picture looks odd

colours are illegal in canada, you likely wont find colours available in ontario

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really?
    i've proven that wrong once
    heh

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The flares are way better than the confetti cannon IMO.....The confetti cannon made it look like we were having a grade school pizza party back there.....plastic or not this is movement in the right direction. Step 1) Introduce flares via FO displays. Step 2) Get our own rep's with flare privileges. Step 3) Burn down the south stand and rebuild with a roof!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely think it would be better to have smoke if there were no flares allowed.

At least its was something.
    Last edited by J .; 03-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are trying, they are listening and I won't fault them for that at all. People are too quick to judge the FO, as obviously they aren't lending a deaf ear when it comes to flares. I give them a huge thumbs up. Successful or not.

Personally I think flares are retarded. I never understood them and never will and if it bothers people paying to see the game and they complain, scrap em.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle p View Post
    The flares are way better than the confetti cannon IMO.....The confetti cannon made it look like we were having a grade school pizza party back there.....plastic or not this is movement in the right direction. Step 1) Introduce flares via FO displays. Step 2) Get our own rep's with flare privileges. Step 3) Burn down the south stand and rebuild with a roof!!!
    stop giving away my four step plan
    the fourth step was profit by the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the idea of flares, but it couldve been executed better. But i really enjoyed the fly over by the CF130, it was probably the best birthday present I had . TFC's performance sure wasnt .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavydMT View Post

video=youtube;dqylgmYMZ2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqylgmYMZ2Q[/video]
    the importance of this video is that it is produced in such a way that it gives the supporters a feeling that they are an integral part of the soccer experience. Professional or not THEY are a part of what everyone will be part of if you come to the game........which we seem to be always fighting for.........which we once had, established by ourselves ....through great individual effort,......and yes other teams /supporters (it seems), are progressing in a positive way while here in Toronto confusion abounds.,..not sure of the answer,....or even how the teams performance affects all of this ......and maybe our attitude towards any efforts to stimulate a questionable gameday experience by fans or FO.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lame.

It comes across as so contrived.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is by far the lamest thing I've seen from the FO in a long time. I shook my head when I saw it on Saturday. There's so much wrong with what they are trying to do I'm not sure where I should start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    Lame.

It comes across as so contrived.
    Yep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather they just follow through on what they say they are going to do. Stay out of our way, and provide support/assistance when we request it. Remember the Dichio banner? They realized that we were going to upstage anything they had planned so they just scrapped it and showcased our hardwork. They also assisted us by allowing the group to store the banner at the stadium in between sessions and allowed us access to prep everything prior to the match. (we weren't purposely trying to upstage them...we had no idea what they were planning)

I have no interest in them lighting their own flares/smoke off before games or getting involved in organizing tifo. This is not their roll and they need to realize that. Pretty much every 'display' they have tried has failed miserably anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    They are trying, they are listening and I won't fault them for that at all. People are too quick to judge the FO, as obviously they aren't lending a deaf ear when it comes to flares. I give them a huge thumbs up. Successful or not.

Personally I think flares are retarded. I never understood them and never will and if it bothers people paying to see the game and they complain, scrap em.
    This is the same FO that has criticized the use of pyro at every opportunity, but will use it in their ads and promo material when its convenient for them as it looks "cool". (they won't tell you that though)

They don't really 'listen' and if 'trying' is them attempting to fabricate support well then I'd rather they just not try then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    FLARESALTOFF!

again, i maintain that we cant win either way. i dont have a preference to flares or confetti, but i honestly thought somewhere out there, this was the brainchild of someone at MLSE who thought we'd appreciate it and that itd add to the atmosphere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it that people like about flares or smoke bombs? I've never really understood the facination. There is something primal or tribal about fire, I can see that. At the same time that attitude seems like it comes from an era when the crowds weren't filled with middle class folks. In all sincerity, what are the feelings people have when they see the Chicago supporters lighting flares? Excitement? Dread? Chaos? Unity? Power? I'm not judging negatively because I'm really just curious as to why others have strong feelings for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's lame and it stinks. Maybe at night would be a bit more impressive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    What is it that people like about flares or smoke bombs?
    i just think they look cool. that's it, that's all.
    like anything else, they have the potential to be overdone, but for the most part if they're used well, they have the potential to look absolutely awesome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post

This is the same FO that has criticized the use of pyro at every opportunity, but will use it in their ads and promo material when its convenient for them as it looks "cool". (they won't tell you that though)

They don't really 'listen' and if 'trying' is them attempting to fabricate support well then I'd rather they just not try then.
    The use of pyro AT BMO ,BY you.

They heard that AL-MO's like flares so they put up some flares. You'd rather no flares at games unless it's in your hands? If that's your message I'm sure they'll listen to that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the impression that the flare setup was specifically for the Hercules fly-past, and it was just really badly co-ordinated?

Or are the flares meant to be a permanent set up for the whole season?