Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    Absolute nonsense. I am passionate without losing my voice. I like my job and there is nothing... absolutely nothing i or anyone can do to change anything on the park. Yes we can support but there is no single way of doing that. What that takes is the skills of the players and the savvy of the coaching staff. You may aswell say everyone in the southend should take a deep breath and if we all blow hard enough the ball can't go in. Its this kind of dumb comment that makes me bang my head on a railing more than having watched the single biggest waste of time and space on TFC ie JDG playout yet another unmemorble day at the office
    I don't know why guys like you wade into these 'Support' discussions, because you don't have a clue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I am not normally in favour of booing (and especially this early in the season) but there is one inescapable fact and that is that MLSE only fired Preki & Mo after the fans started booing.

As hard as I have been on Winter I have yet to boo the team. If we look out of contention at any point this year I will be right there with the boo-birds. There are no excuses this year.
    Wasn't it said that Brian Burke really only considered firing Ron Wilson after hearing the fans chant "Fire Wilson"? The rationale being if the team came back to Toronto and he was still behind the bench the fans would give it to Wilson even worse?

There is something to said about making your voice heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ yes there is vic, but like some said above, this was hardly the time or place for booing.

mo deserved to be booed out of town, and thats what he got ( a little late but still gone)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    The love fest is over. It needs to be accepted that more people want results than to make the players or fellow supporters feel good. On that note I'll end my involvement in this discussion. I most definitely respect your passion, J.
    Thanks for your involvement Chris but look at that stadium any matchday and you'll see that there's always "more people" who's full range of vocals include booing and not much else. That won't change how I support.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 elite View Post
    Absolute nonsense. I am passionate without losing my voice. I like my job and there is nothing... absolutely nothing i or anyone can do to change anything on the park. Yes we can support but there is no single way of doing that. What that takes is the skills of the players and the savvy of the coaching staff. You may aswell say everyone in the southend should take a deep breath and if we all blow hard enough the ball can't go in. Its this kind of dumb comment that makes me bang my head on a railing more than having watched the single biggest waste of time and space on TFC ie JDG playout yet another unmemorble day at the office
    Yes I can read how important it is to you to diminish our influence as supporters in a match. I won't apologize for supporting none the less but feel free and continue bashing your head on the railing if it helps with your frustration over our positive energy. Just be sure to be random about it otherwise we could sing to the beat.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    I don't know why guys like you wade into these 'Support' discussions, because you don't have a clue.
    Now, now. He has a clue and a differing opinion. An opinion that may be practiced at large in the stadium but isn't very popular in the supporters stands.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    So they only need motivating, when they don't need motivating? Uhhh....
    jaxul clarified my point. its not up to us to motivate a player when theyre walking on the pitch without the motivation to play already. they have to give us something, they have to walk onto the pitch ready to go. if they faulter, so be it, we'll pick them up and dust them off, but if they show up without the will to play, it's not my job to start making them care. they should already care.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    On that note I'll end my involvement in this discussion. I most definitely respect your passion, J.
    feels that he made his point, leaves the convo saying he respects the differing opinion of others. class act!

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    On that note, nothing less than a stellar effort in the stands will suffice on Wednesday night. This is the semi-f*cking-final of the CCL. The most important game in the team's six year history. Let's show the boys we care!
    this, this and a million times.. this!
    ill chant for a full 90 even if its just due to the fact that they made it this far. even if we get absolutely demolished, and i implore each of you to do the same. we made it out of the voyagers cup, qualifying, group stage and semi final stages. now we're the only team in the CCL now with strong away efforts and a win over the golden boys of the MLS. if that's not worth a full 90, i dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    easy now, it's just a different opinion. lets not turn a debate into an argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem with the booing. It was an awful showing and it's not house league - they're pros and should be able to handle hearing the displeasure from the people who are paying the bills.

Looking forward to a better showing tomorrow night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks _wowza. I feel obligated to acknowledge I might have been slightly over the top early in the discussion. Sometimes this can be like politics. I may disagree with some opinions but in the end it's important I remember we all passionately support TFC. To your point about Wednesday, I promise to refocus and give it my all as a supporter. Now I'm out for real.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    No problem with the booing. It was an awful showing and it's not house league - they're pros and should be able to handle hearing the displeasure from the people who are paying the bills.

I totally agree with this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post

If they can't handle a little discontent from the polite Toronto/Canadian fans, I am not sure what they will do in front of rabid Mexican fans in the CCL.

They'd better hope this job sticks here in MLS because if they have to ply their jobs in leagues in some parts of this world with such weak constitution, they are going to get eaten alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of the CCL game against Santos, does anyone know how tickets are selling?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tested on TM yesterday and was able to find 2 in 123 sec. $203 for pair.

Still not sellout,makes me wonder how bad would it be if we were at RC again.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ yes there is vic, but like some said above, this was hardly the time or place for booing.mo deserved to be booed out of town, and thats what he got ( a little late but still gone)
    It is, and it isn't too early. Yes, it's still early in the season so the booing in our first league home match might seem a little extreme. On the other hand, this is year 6, and I for one had certain expectations for this team going into the season. Making the playoffs is absolutely one of those expectations, and nothing less will suffice. To get off to this bad a start in the league AGAIN doesn't bode well. We have a relatively soft start to the league schedule, playing less than stellar opposition at home, and getting these points will be absolutely crucial towards achieving our playoff ambitions. San Jose is not an elite MLS team (although Wondo is arguably an elite striker in MLS) and losing to them in the manner we did was absolutely inexcusable. Therefore, I think the booing in this instance is somewhat justified.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never booed the team - that's just me - but I don't blame those who do or have.

Just because you're a supporter it doesn't mean you can't be critical of the team. Actually most of the beloved supporter groups across the world are heavily critical of their teams when it's appropriate.

Was game 2 an appropriate time? Maybe, maybe not. But it sure was a lackluster performance. I look at it like "guys, that wasn't a good performance you have to do better than that. We'll be there for you but that was unacceptable."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !