Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You're wrong in your basic premise that Danny is out of shape and that's why he's not scoring. You're ignoring what has made him a good player all this time, and it's not speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Then you pay a million bucks to the exception cases, not the norm. If we are paying Koevs a million bucks per season, I expect him to be one of those exceptions. You don't pay a million bucks to someone who is just like everyone else.

atleast somebody doesnt live in wonderland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ You're wrong in your basic premise that Danny is out of shape and that's why he's not scoring. You're ignoring what has made him a good player all this time, and it's not speed.

Danny is out of shape and its causing him to not perform at optimal levels, which results in wayward touch and inability to get the ball in the back of the net......for 1million plus dollars.

and are you guys a gang? I respond to one and another responds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Everyone said he was out of shape last year and he scored like a bat out of hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen him up close this year and he's in better shape now than he was last year for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasons barely started and people are shitting on Danny K already and calling him a waste of money? Sounds about right for this place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Dero, angel and thierry henry

stop trying to disapprove me and lets call a spade a spade.

damn this forum sometimes
    You aren't proving anything by naming some of the BEST footballers of all time who happen to be quite an exception to the norm (...and Dero!).

You're argument is like saying "all american's are smart because Barack Obama is"! You are making a vast generalisation, and naming a minority of footballers wheras its tha majority of cases that are more normal.

It is QUITE normal for an over 30 year old player, ESPECIALLY a striker, to be less fit than he used to be.

Although I agree with Roogsy that Koev's SHOULD be one of these exceptions - I also think that we are paying Koev's the $$$ because of his natural talent and his experience, moreso than paying for an athlete in his prime. Just like we are paying Frings for his experience and leadership MORE than his pace, which he has clearly lost.

The issue though, is that if ANY football club has older/veteran players, they must have strength in depth to cover for when they are inevitably injured or out of shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Seasons barely started and people are shitting on Danny K already and calling him a waste of money? Sounds about right for this place.
    nobody is shitting on danny we are saying he is out of shape and needs to fix that so he is not hosing the money.

Stop coddling him and allow him be accountable.

and canary: that was last year, he was new to the league and teams did not know his playing style/preferance, now its a year later he's a year older and needs to work that much harder to be effective.

I love koevs but he's a shadow right now to the player we signed and thats it.

No hate! just truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone saw the New York Red Bulls game at BMO last year, but Henry looked downright schlubby. Didn't see him scoring too much this year either until last week. Strikers go in streaks. That's part of the game. Writing Koevermans off now is foolish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody is shitting on danny we are saying he is out of shape and needs to fix that so he is not hosing the money.

and canary: that was last year, he was new to the league and teams did not know his playing style/preferance, now its a year later he's a year older and needs to work that much harder to be effective.

I love koevs but he's a shadow right now to the player we signed and thats it.

No hate! just truth.
    Well, he does need to score, I completely agree with you there. Don't think it's a fitness issue personally, but I don't disagree with expecting results from top players. I'm sure DC is doing the same raking over the coals with DeRo right now!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny is out of shape and its causing him to not perform at optimal levels, which results in wayward touch and inability to get the ball in the back of the net......for 1million plus dollars.

and are you guys a gang? I respond to one and another responds.
    Welcome to the boards.

By the way, I am not agreeing if he is out of shape or not. I have always believed strikers are streaky so I won't say whether or not Danny K is out of shape. But if he is, there is no excuse for it.

^ Everyone said he was out of shape last year and he scored like a bat out of hell.
    I've seen him up close this year and he's in better shape now than he was last year for sure.
    I don't remember anyone saying he was out of shape last year, only that both DPs needed time to get into form. Otherwise, I don't recall Danny K's fitness to be mentioned at all.

And as I mention above, I have no idea if he is in shape or not this year. There have been several posters that have referred to his lack of fitness as reason for his lack of goals so far. I have no idea. His impact has definitely been minimal but I don't know enough to comment on why. Maybe he is out of shape? Maybe not. But if he is out of shape, his age is definitely no excuse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he does need to score, I completely agree with you there. Don't think it's a fitness issue personally, but I don't disagree with expecting results from top players. I'm sure DC is doing the same raking over the coals with DeRo right now!
    DeRo is not the big concern in DC right now. He's probably been their best player to start the year. Definitely the most dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Well maybe I'm wrong. I seem to remember his fitness coming up regularly last year.

Anyway, whatever. The fitness issue is taking away from what is really a valid point. He needs to put some balls in the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks roogsy! I just want eeverybody to know we're all here for Tfc and players/staff come and go.

Basically we're all on the same side.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Well maybe I'm wrong. I seem to remember his fitness coming up regularly last year.

Anyway, whatever. The fitness issue is taking away from what is really a valid point. He needs to put some balls in the net.

Absolutely. And DoubleUp's opinion is that it's his fitness that is obstructing his putting balls in the net, which would then indeed be a problem. It would be unacceptable for him to show up in anything other than optimal shape, appropriate for whatever age of course but still as a professional footballer.

If it's not his fitness, then Winter needs to figure out how to get his striker going. With one DP out, they don't need their other DP on a cold streak.

I for one believe taking the players to the rippers does a world of good. I volunteer to take them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone saw the New York Red Bulls game at BMO last year, but Henry looked downright schlubby. Didn't see him scoring too much this year either until last week. Strikers go in streaks. That's part of the game. Writing Koevermans off now is foolish.
    Well, I hope no one is writing him off. We're a little frustrated so far, that's all. When he came on at the half against SJ with the game at 1-0 we were probably all thinking he'd score and it would be a very different game. He didn't look dangerous at all and peoples' frustration showed. But it's early and he will score plenty this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think TFC have put ANY decent crosses into him yet, in any of the games. Danny is a sniffer-dog type striker - he prays on good crosses and loose balls in the penalty area. As soon as we se a semi-decent ball into him, he will score a goal, I have no doubt.

No amount of fitness can take away Danny's natural instinct to be 'in the right place at the right time' to pounce on crosses and ball into the box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I see Danny as a Darren Bent/Gary Lineker type striker - you aren't going to see him sprinting around like Paul Dickov or Chad Barrett - danny is a pure penalty area striker. And those types of strikers DO go on scoring streaks - its just the way they work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he had a fantastic strike rate last year, we were singing his praises, and he looked way worse.
    lest we forget it was LA doubling up on him that allowed johnson/soolsma to be so effective in space.

ill admit that im not pleased seeing him start 46' minutes in for defenders in both league games, but im also not ready to condemn the man just yet. in a couple of games, we'll talk, but now i'll remain in the middle of the issue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think people are calling DannyK fitness into question. It's his form.
    A Player can run for 90 minutes straight and not break a sweat, but that doesn't mean he know where to be and how to put the ball in the back of the net or he has two left feet and can't control the ball for shit.

I think DK isn't 100% on form. He has made some great plays to set guys up with no results, but I'd say his play is only about 60% right now. It has nothing to do with fitness and everything to do with form. Getting into the right places at the right times to get the ball, pass the ball etc. Even the decisions he makes contributes to his form.

For some reason he isn't being used fully - the coaching staff may see this lack of form as well? Maybe it's not a lack of form and they are saving him for CCL to see how well they fair in that competition? he isn't an off the bench player a la Ole Gunner Solskaer or Chicurito who both come off the bench with a blaze of fire and make an impact. DK is more of an over the full game type of player who will be consistent for 90 minutes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree about Danny's form. Just because he hasn't scored, doesn't mean he isn't on form!

Kocic has let in, I think 5 goals in 2 games now, but does that mean he's not on form? No, he's been in outstanding form!

Goals don't always indicate form, and Danny has been linking play and playing a difficult (and overmarked) striker roll.

Winter's decision to drop Danny was a very strange one last Saturday, and I think we need to be questioning Winter's decision much more than Danny's "form".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not his shape, it's his form, and a resulting lack of confidence. He's had a post, a crossbar and missed a sitter in LA. Winter is playing it carefully, that's all. The question, based on some of Danny's comments on tfc tv about winter still having to show he can be a great coach, is whether he resents winter's decision.

Given that Johnson is blossoming, he may have some ego/confidence issues going on right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the same story we keep hearing. The season has just started and the sky is falling.