Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A piss poor performance yesterday. All the players need to take a good, long look in the mirror and get their act together before the season starts to become a write-off.

Overall Team Rating (based on yesterday's performance):

/ 5

More face palms = lower rating

Team needs to regroup quickly. Wed is coming fast and furious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    pushing the fullbacks up the field isn't the problem. the problem is when they don't recognize when it's safe to do so and when it's not. I think Morgan should watch Eckersley more. He pushes up enough, but manages to not get caught out of position because he chooses his runs properly. Also when a fullback or center back does move up, one of the defensive mids has to move back into the back line and either directly fill in for the CB or move to CB to allow the CB to fill in for the fullback. On SJ's second goal JDG wasn't moving to LCB which meant that Aceval couldn't move to left back to cover the winger

call me crazy,....maybe deluded,... but from what I saw of Eckersley he was out of position as much as Morgan and reckless as usual,....that is now being used against him, by incoming teams. What with all the criticism of Morga,n he IS the only player consistently making runs on the wings and always succeeding , then continuously getting the ball crossed into the forwards....he does need to get a little more 'air' on the ball, but last year no one could even cross on this team,...if he is making these runs and leaving the defense suspect,..he is only there because he does have the ability toget back catch just about anyone...and he takes shit from no one....compared with the cream puffs showing up on our team we are now going to critique desire to win?? No one attacked the SJ players when they were getting their goals off.....and that reminds me was JDG in the line-up,.didn't see or hear his name ,....... we need big strong stay at home defenders,....Morgan should be on the wing.........anyone can see he has the forward attack etched in him...bring back Stinson and Henry and as stsated all of last year play them!!!!
    Last edited by jazzy; 03-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    De Guz is horse shit. Always heas been while here and won't improve....anyone that sticks up for him cannot see what a pile of shit he is. If we got offered a fucking Mars bar for this poor excuse for a footballer, take it. Waste of goddamn salary.....Id rather have 10 men and play down a man than have that "shit show" play the middle.....
    Of course, as we all know, we can blame one Mr. Johnston for that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baaahhhaha my dad just compared inters back line to tfcs after juve just scored

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    well since he's 25, I'm going to say that that's unlikely
    I say that because he's interviewed concacaf under 23 tv game site ,...build-up,...I took it that they would be continuous in their game flow...fool me
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    And what makes you think he didn't try and look into it. Maybe a player or two he identified for our D didn't want to make the trip here, or we are waiting for the summer transfer window. You don't know, so don't pass judgement on some thing you have knowledge of.
    .... and let's not forget that Paul Marriner is part of the management picture as well. Yes, he brought in Eckersley although, sadly, I can't say I've been impressed with Ecks thus far this year apart from starting the Johnson goal v Seattle by coming all the way from RB to LB to get the ball and send it up field while crashing into the sign hordings in Seattle. One will never be able to fault Ecks for lack of effort.

Who else though? Lambe is about it and the jury is certainly out on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    cant wait till JDG is gona this summer, we need to get a DP that actually helps his team. Koev is lazy as hell, he just stands there.. soon defences will know how outsmart him
    JDG's contract runs through the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    isn't Decoy playing for the Jamaican under 23's?
    Absolutely not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm definitely starting to worry about Dunfield. I think he's one that does try hard enough, but his lack of quality really shows sometimes. And his corners were utterly terrible yesterday! It kind of proved yesterday, that Winter and Co had set up ONE team for the season, with Frings taking the corners, and now that he's injured, they have no fall back plan.
    Plata should be taking our set pieces now, he's no use out there trying to get on the end of them anyway, and he's pretty good at set pieces regardless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Plata should be taking our set pieces now, he's no use out there trying to get on the end of them anyway, and he's pretty good at set pieces regardless.
    Totally agreed. Why we are taking a 5 ft 11 player out of the penalty area and having a 5 ft 1 player instead is beyond me! Plata is the obvious choice for the corner taker, its not like he'e going to rise above a 6ft plus defender to score a smashing header!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think again the liability in the back is Harden, he is constantly panicking and giving up the ball, even when he has space and time, he couldn't pass a ball if his life depended on it, there all done. let's put on a show on Wednesday Night, we need to and we need to be loud!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I think again the liability in the back is Harden, he is constantly panicking and giving up the ball, even when he has space and time, he couldn't pass a ball if his life depended on it, there all done. let's put on a show on Wednesday Night, we need to and we need to be loud!!!
    As I always say, I'm not a fan of Harden - but on Saturday you can't blame Harden for ANY of the 3 goals conceded.

We (the supporters) - need to stop blaming ONE player for TFC's woes. It's either Harden, or Iro, or Gargen - no matter who plays, TFC always seem to be awful in defense under Aron Winter! For what its worth, I haven't been impressed with Aceval so far either! And Morgan was the one making mistakes on Saturday. It definitely wasn't due to Harden this weekend!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    As I always say, I'm not a fan of Harden - but on Saturday you can't blame Harden for ANY of the 3 goals conceded.

We (the supporters) - need to stop blaming ONE player for TFC's woes. It's either Harden, or Iro, or Gargen - no matter who plays, TFC always seem to be awful in defense under Aron Winter! For what its worth, I haven't been impressed with Aceval so far either! And Morgan was the one making mistakes on Saturday. It definitely wasn't due to Harden this weekend!
    It's quite apparent the Harden-hate is all about reputation now. He could have a solid game but if TFC lose it will somehow be on him. Me? I am not so inclined to rest my hopes of this team's success on the guy making 73k/year on a team with 3 DPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the defensive formation (or lack thereof) was the primary culprit on Saturday as opposed to any individual players.

I would assume that Winter and DeKlerk are knowledgeable enough to adjust their tactical approach moving forward, especially with the absence of Torsten Frings, considering how vulnerable the backline has been in the first two league matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expected them to use Aceval for sweeper, as he has feet and vision, with Harden ( sigh ... ) and Emory as RCB/LCBs, at least until Frings recovers.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I disagree it was a must-win game but it certainly is a game that can influence the final season results. What this forces is must-wins later in the season possibly against superior teams.
    When you play against inferior clubs, a win should be expected. It goes doubly when you play that inferior club with home pitch advantage. Obviously, I'd like nothing more than to win every match we play, but the reality is that there are some teams we're going to struggle with (and that's okay) and we can afford a few losses to. San Jose, however, should not be one of those teams.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not like San Jose was amazing, the game was rather competitive and I thought the wind played a big factor. but SJ made their chances count while TFC didn't. There were quite a few half chances and good scoring chances created. I want to chalk this off as freak condition result, but 6 goals given up in 2 games is not good.
    And another ex TFC player crushes TFC (Cronin with two assists)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    With our team it is the problem and it's because of what I bolded in your sentence. Not only is our D young and inexperienced but they don't have a general to tell them what to do. Our Mids are far more experienced and the depth should be used more often. Total football is good when your team is qualified to play that. Without someone (Frings or whomever) to general that back line, total football is going to look more like a bunch of school kids running around a pitch aimlessly.
    It did look very disorganized from my view on television. I wish I could have taken a snapshot of where the players were on the field at certain points in play, it was a jumbled mess.

To you're first point about pushing up the fullbacks, I read something somewhere (probably on this forum but too lazy to find it) written by someone who was sitting behind the TFC bench. Their comment was that the coaching staff was consistently prodding both Morgan and Eckersley to get up the field. If true, that might color our perspective a little differently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little late with my opinion on the game, but here it is anyways. I was underwhelmed to say the least with the performance TFC put in. De Guzman was a non-factor, not really showing up and not looking match fit. I hope he takes this new found captaincy and starts to step up, beginning with Wednesday's game. I am still undecided on Lambe. I was shocked to see he was picked MOTM. I over heard someone comment that "they had to pick some one", and he was right. Morgan was impressive through most of the game, but needs to work on getting his crosses up in the air with some pace. Also, the long ball isn't working. Trying to send Koovermans a long ball isn't going to work; he just isn't fast enough. Koovermans can take the ball and make some space, but he simply isn't fast enough to beat the faster defenders to the ball.
    I would also like to see Avila get to play; I feel he has the pace and skill set to work well with Silva, Plata and Johnson. I'd drop Lambe back to the bench, and bring him on as a sub if needed.
    I'll keep hoping for a turnaround, and keep supporting TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are going to lose the majority of games you play with Ty Harden and Terry Dunfield starting on your team. Add to the fact that Torsten Frings is out and Koev didn't even bother to get in shape this year and it's a recipe for disaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure who is in better shape.Mista or Koev.