Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Now if only we could get the poutine truck down to the south end then maybe I could get one. It takes more than the 15 minutes we have at the half to get across the stadium and wait in line. They could double their buisness if they had 2 trucks.

Or we should petition Kaplanski's to set up in the south end.
    Kooper
    I am in the south end too but the only reason I get the poutine is because I usually try to get there early and get it before the game. I would never try to get there at half time for the exact reason you stated. If I don't get it at the beginning of the game I don't bother with getting one until next game. I wouldn't mind something in the south end for sure if they ever did it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think it was about $8.20 incl. tax for two tacos. Expensive but not outrageous, I thought. Kept me satisfied for the game, and tasted good.

What pissed me off: the reason I had to eat there, was because Steve Kisic (board name Croatia) wanted to purchase a single ticket from me including scarf. So I came early to pick up an extra scarf. That's all fine, except this guy stood me up & never showed, after talking to me on the phone up until a half hour before the game. Never bothered to leave me a VM or text, or to pick up his phone when I called him a bunch more times wondering why he wasn't showing up.

Does someone know that guy?
    I got the shaft by someone buying my ticket before. They were the ones that never showed up. I also had another experience when the guy got there and only had half the money and told me he is good for it next game. I figured he was an RPB and on the boards regularly so I trusted him. He disappeared right after that never to be seen again. It is EMT or nothing for me after those experiences and I would recommend the same unless you know the guy personally.

I would talk to one of the exec though...at least get the guy's name added to the ticket trader "shady character" list to start with. They can probably track the guy down too and maybe send their cousin Lefty to pay him a visit . Worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auzzy--- get that guys name put on the ticket trader violators list.

i am very iffy of people i dont know wanting to meet on gameday. seems almost every time the person has some wacky story of why they cant make it or why one of there group did not show up. I have been stiffed as well

EMT is the best way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Auzzy--- get that guys name put on the ticket trader violators list.

i am very iffy of people i dont know wanting to meet on gameday. seems almost every time the person has some wacky story of why they cant make it or why one of there group did not show up. I have been stiffed as well

EMT is the best way to go.
    Yup I've been stiffed a couple times as well...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks folks! I already reported it to the ticket trader mods a few days ago, but I know the guys are busy, and I don't know if they can deal with guys that get stood up (unlike the obvious violations like scalping overpriced tickets etc). Agree, I have always done EMT so far, but this time the scarf was involved... I'm never doing that again no matter what. Get the money & email the ticket before the game, and then deal with the scarf or whatever onsite. If not, I would rather just give the ticket away to someone, than wait around & even miss part of the game. I mean, someone not making it to the game is one thing; but to leave a guy standing literally 15 minutes after talking on the phone... and then not answering the phone repeatedly...

Anyways, before a different mod gives me an infraction for going off topic... that's why I was there early, I enjoyed the tacos, I didn't realize beer prices etc. had increased, and I'll be even more focused on eating/drinking off-site in the future. But when I bring the kids, getting some popcorn or the like is a big part of the experience for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed the upsell as well this season.

"would you like to add some popcorn" " or candy" were spoken to the people in front of me and myself as well.

That's new to me and i buy a drink every game

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But when I bring the kids, getting some popcorn or the like is a big part of the experience for them.

Yeah, it really is, I bring my two boys to a lot of games and they want m and m's, pop and popcorn, and I capitulate for them, same as I do at a Leafs game or Monster Jam or whatever. It's a big treat for them. I have never bought any food for myself at a TFC game though. Even my beer consumption is way down. On-site that is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i noticed the upsell as well this season.

They should be doing this. This is fast-food business 101. In fact, if they weren't doing it before season VI it simply means even the food services department was poorly run!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    They should be doing this. This is fast-food business 101. In fact, if they weren't doing it before season VI it simply means even the food services department was poorly run!
    so true LOL

the very basics of sales "you want fries with that"

apparently the food is being run at the same inadequate level as the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so true LOL

the very basics of sales "you want fries with that"
    The damn up-sell.
    Every time I go to McDonald's boozed and order a combo, the girl behind the counter gets me with "...would you like to add 6-nuggets...?"
    I say yes every damn time
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the Chicken Chip Butty last year a few times and I thought it was delicious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to point out that the collector's cups represent excellent value over the course of a full season. One cup = sodie pop all season long. Hopefully they'll have the new ones in soon.

Also, the chip butty is fantastically improved. The "fancy" ones are ridiculously priced (I don't think the garlic one really adds much more to the standard butty, other than about $3). Otherwise, really excited about new vegetarian options in the tacos and pierogies. Nice work to whoever brought those in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ they fill that shit for free???

damn i will have to switch over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried the porchetta sandwich last week from the "italian" stand in the north end. Pretty damn tasty. It costs 9.something after taxes, but it's enough food to fill you. Sure beats all the other crap found at the concessions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I got the price of the tacos wrong in the previous week. They are actually $11.19 including tax, for two of them. That's a bit steep.

Can someone explain to me, how do they get from $8.95 before tax as shown on their price list, to $11.19 including tax? 25% tax WTF?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    The woman sitting next to my wife had the tacos and raved about them. I was almost late for the game because of the parking situation (I normally don't drive and didn't know I would be parking at Ontario Place) so I didn't get to the North end BBQ pit, which is what I usually get - last year it was a triple threat every game. I was relegated to the Souvlaki, which was about the same quality taste as last year but seemed smaller. The sausages looked like the usual crap (dipped in plastic is a good analogy).
    (New Here) You can actually ask for bigger chicken sticks from Mr. Greek if you ask REALLY nice and flirt a little with the girls behind the counter, sometimes painful. If you go just after the 2nd half starts and you have a cute child with you (I can lend you my son if you want) they now always give me 3 big ones for the price of two... unless they are sold out.

Are the tacos hard shell or soft shell?

Also, if you want to bring some of your own food in you can always claim that the food at BMO isn't Kosher. Just don't try to sneak in a ham because it is a dead giveaway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tacos are soft shell.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the taco stand? I checked the south west corner and I couldn't find it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price of food is a joke. It cost them about a buck to make a chip butty.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Where is the taco stand? I checked the south west corner and I couldn't find it.
    Closer to the NW corner. Approx. under section 225.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closer to the NW corner. Approx. under section 225.
    Why is it the best food is as far as possible from the south end?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far only items i have enjoyed at BMO at the Poutine and the Triple Threat. Also the Collector cup is the only way to go for those who enjoy pop. Hope the new one comes soon, 2 games and still no cup.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend had the tacos last game, He stated they were a mushy, tasteless mess.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    So far only items i have enjoyed at BMO at the Poutine and the Triple Threat. Also the Collector cup is the only way to go for those who enjoy pop. Hope the new one comes soon, 2 games and still no cup.
    So you just wash that bad boy out and bring to each game? Nobody gives you a hassle at the door? I never thought they would let you bring it back each game and the pop deal was just for that one game. Good to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I got the price of the tacos wrong in the previous week. They are actually $11.19 including tax, for two of them. That's a bit steep.

Can someone explain to me, how do they get from $8.95 before tax as shown on their price list, to $11.19 including tax? 25% tax WTF?
    Mine were $10-something with tax. I bet they rung you up for two individual tacos, as I think they're a bit more expensive individually than a pair. I'm a vegetarian, so no mix-and-match for me, but that could perhaps be the reason if they're not allowing you to get two different ones at the price for a pair...
    Last edited by sloangraham; 03-30-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So you just wash that bad boy out and bring to each game? Nobody gives you a hassle at the door? I never thought they would let you bring it back each game and the pop deal was just for that one game. Good to know.
    It's technically for the one game, but no one at the gate or the concession stands seems to care. My guess is that they just don't bother getting into a confrontation with someone over whether or not they purchased their cup that day. I've never even been asked. And it would seem a stretch for security to say you can't bring an empty plastic cup in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sloangraham View Post
    Mine were $10-something with tax. I bet they rung you up for two individual tacos, as I think their a bit more expensive individually than a pair. I'm a vegetarian, so no mix-and-match for me, but that could perhaps be the reason if they're not allowing you to get two different ones at the price for a pair...
    Ah thanks, very good point! Makes sense, although a bit slimy on their part. I was mixing & matching. And yes individual tacos cost more. All three types are good, so I'll take a pair the next time I have to eat something at BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Anyway, I had the $9.50 meat pie. They've changed it outright. New pastry. New sauce
    I don't mind if I never have another. Last year's was better.
    That's unfortunate. I've survived on the pies for years and they've been quite good, except for an odd week where they suddenly went from solid chunks of meat, to some ground mixture.

But on Saturday I went looking for one for the first time this year just before the game, and did an entire loop of the stadium and couldn't find them in either where they've been for years (under 104), or around 226 where they were also last year.

Where can I find the pies?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Where can I find the pies?
    you're just asking for a Colin Samuel joke...

Had the pulled pork burger yesterday. the pulled pork part was pretty good, the burger, not so much.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Anyway, I had the $9.50 meat pie. They've changed it outright. New pastry. New sauce
    I don't mind if I never have another. Last year's was better.
    yep, chicken pie used to be the only food i'd ever buy at BMO, tasty and warmed your core when you needed. like last saturday, but the pie wasn't what i was expecting. you're right tobor, they changed everything about it. sauce was almost non-existant. no pasty cover on top of the pie. size was smaller. i asked the guy at the stand what happened to the old pies that had been the same for 5 years. he was all excited, said he was a new partner that came on in the past year, and he wanted the pies to have a nicer presentation. i said 'you messed with something good? we'll see" ... bad idea.