Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    That's unfortunate. I've survived on the pies for years and they've been quite good, except for an odd week where they suddenly went from solid chunks of meat, to some ground mixture.

But on Saturday I went looking for one for the first time this year just before the game, and did an entire loop of the stadium and couldn't find them in either where they've been for years (under 104), or around 226 where they were also last year.

Where can I find the pies?
    same place (104), different pies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    same place (104), different pies
    Yesterday? I thought it was just pizza slices. Perhaps I drank too much before the game ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally found where they'd hidden the pies under 104. The old stand is now pizza-pizza, but the pies are just to the left (south) - which I think used to be the pizza. Probably a sensible shuffle given the line-ups for each, and proximity to other lines. There's a significicant lack of signage now though, and easy to miss.

As for the pie itself, the recipe has indeed changed. Not so much the filling, which seemed the same to me - still decent quality chunks of meat. However the pastry has changed, in particular the top has gone from crust, to a much lighter, more open top. The pie itself seemed a bit smaller, but maybe that's just the lost of the top crust that was larger than the pie itself.

While I think I'll miss the loss of the top crust, it may well make it easier to eat. Was always a bit of a challenge with the old ones to puncture a whole in the (very hot) top, and work your way into the pie - but that was also half the fun.

I'll keep coming back for more. Wish there were some closer to the south end. It's a lot of work to fight through the crowds at half-time, and hit the washroom, and get back to the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a guy yesterday eating french fries in a hot dog bun. What the hell is that?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I saw a guy yesterday eating french fries in a hot dog bun. What the hell is that?
    It's the new Chip Buttys, and it's like, an Italian roll, not a hot dog bun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The perogies are GARBAGE; the one's that had potato filling in them were like a 4 out of 10, but 3 of my 6 perogies had no filling in them.