Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ seattle does "the wave" and thats it.

its almost like they took the model right from the jersey sponsors video game.

the only other clear chant they did was also lame. You dont sing " can you hear (insert team) sing" when the club you are facing is thousands of miles away

it sounds exactly the same at the seahawks games

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallade View Post
    I'm not happy about the loss, but I'm not upset, either. we weren't going to go undefeated. the best case circumstance for losses is that they come

a) to West teams
    b) against a really good team
    c) on the road

and this one was 3 for 3! if i told you before the season started that we'd only lose seven games, i think this was one of the seven most people would guess, right? so i don't feel much need to yell at anyone who got us there.
    Sums it up, for me.

I would add that you got the feeling Seattle really needed this one, to be honest (bruised morale).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmo may seem pedestrian on tv but in person it is much more impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Who is first? Philly?
    Portland. They have a giant log and a lumberjack with a chainsaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first string group is
    Kocic/Frei, Morgan, Empty, Aceval, Ecks, JDG, Frings Silva/Avila/Johnson, Plata, Koev, Soolsma/Johnson.

We played the first 60 minutes without Morgan, JDG, Koev, or Plata, and played 80 without Frings.

We played without 45% of our first team for 40 minutes. Which included Morgan the guy with the experience and skill to deal with Estrada better then Emory (no disrespect to the kid) and 36% for a full 60. In fact we were missing at least one major piece from every section of the field for long stretches.

Seattle played with their best players.

This game was lost due to the biggest tactical brain fart I've ever seen, and Winters worse performance. I'd really like to know why he didn't start his best line up against this side. They played one game Wednesday, there isn't any reason not to play them again. But this isn't a sign of the season, this is a sign of the season against one of the strongest MLS sides playing with only 50% of our starters.
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Johnson scores another outstanding goal. If only he had converted that header as well. What a start to the season! I can see him bringing it against San Jose as well... his former club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have loved to see if our entire first team was capable of earning a result last night in one of the most difficult venues in the league.

As mentioned in this thread by several others, I also found it puzzling that Winter didn't go with the best starting eleven against such a formidable opponent with a week to rest following the match.

As for the offside trap tactics backfiring, hopefully it's a lesson learned for the coaching staff moving forward against the stronger offensive clubs in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could have promised 1 win 1 tie and 1 loss from the first three games against Seattle and LA, two of them being on the road, who would have said no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate losing any game but the reality is we played a B team (as others pointed out) and were only a few mistakes away from getting a result against supposedly the second best team in the league. If they really are the second best team then TFC doesn't have much to worry about. They were kind of shit imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need to get rid of harden, dunfield, and maund (because we already have doneil). winter wasted the entire offseason only buying 1 good defender (aceval). we need to play Aceval + Doneil Henry because aceval can do the passing while henry does the running to stop thier atacks. maund is too slow and harden is worse. We need henry to give speed to our central defence!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    All 3 goals scored by a Seattle DP. That's crazy numbers, if he keeps it up he'll be mvp this year.
    Estrada isn't a DP.

Not surprised by the result. TFC coming off a huge win and Seattle embarrassed by Santos. You knew there would be a let down by TFC and Seattle would be looking to rebound from their loss.

Also TFC has never played well on the road, especially Seattle. Was hoping for a draw that perhaps could have happened if Frings didn't go down.

But no surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maund?

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    we need to get rid of harden, dunfield, and maund (because we already have doneil). winter wasted the entire offseason only buying 1 good defender (aceval). we need to play Aceval + Doneil Henry because aceval can do the passing while henry does the running to stop thier atacks. maund is too slow and harden is worse. We need henry to give speed to our central defence!

Yeah great idea...let's get rid of high draft choice, who has great potential after just one game....Then we can sign Vidic & Lucio & Messi....no doubt..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    we need to get rid of harden, dunfield, and maund (because we already have doneil). winter wasted the entire offseason only buying 1 good defender (aceval).
    1. henry is still injured
    2. slightly disagree with harden. he's depth, he shouldnt be starting.
    3. dunfield is fantastic depth.

seriously, he had a bad game in seattle, but go to the OPTA chalboard for most every other game and youll see that he's got a great passing rate to get the ball upfield (which is his role)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    If I could have promised 1 win 1 tie and 1 loss from the first three games against Seattle and LA, two of them being on the road, who would have said no?
    i think we're all forgetting this. i'll take a tie and a win against the golden boys of the MLS, and a loss with the B team (including playing 80 minutes without one of our best players) against a 5-2 blowout against the whitecaps any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    2nd best???
    I would say Seattle's crowd and atmosphere is the best by miles ahead of any other MLS team.

Portland is better IMHO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland definitely seems the most real in terms of support.

What's really too bad about the whole north-west/Cascadia area: three new teams; good support; good results (well, Vancouver, we shall see about that), great rivalries; but all three playing on plastic turf -- crap!