Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    That's exactly it. Relishing in the highs are what makes being a fan worth it. There is always more lows than highs (especially with this club) but enjoying the highs is what makes it worth going through the tough times.

Good for you mark for embracing the moment after the LA tie.
    I've had this conversation with people before. I always say "I'd hate to be a Man Utd fan - what have they got to look forward to? They've won everything over and over again, how boring!".

However, I don't buy my own statement! Having been an Oxford United fan in England all my life, and having followed them from 1985, in the premiership, all the way down to the Conference - I can say that I'd MUCH prefer to be used to winning that following a team lose year after year, and be relegated season after season!

I then moved to Canada, got a season ticket for TFC first season, and have been following an equally losing side ever since! (ironically Oxford have now started to go UP the leagues again since I left the UK!).

For once in my life, I'd LOVE to be supporting the side that wins everything....pretty please God/Mohamed/Budha/whoever might help?!?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they can, if Treble means:RPB Tournament,U-Sector Indoor League and TFC Supporters Cup,other than that TFC and Treble should not be allowed in the same sentence.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I've had this conversation with people before. I always say "I'd hate to be a Man Utd fan - what have they got to look forward to? They've won everything over and over again, how boring!".

However, I don't buy my own statement! Having been an Oxford United fan in England all my life, and having followed them from 1985, in the premiership, all the way down to the Conference - I can say that I'd MUCH prefer to be used to winning that following a team lose year after year, and be relegated season after season!

I then moved to Canada, got a season ticket for TFC first season, and have been following an equally losing side ever since! (ironically Oxford have now started to go UP the leagues again since I left the UK!).

For once in my life, I'd LOVE to be supporting the side that wins everything....pretty please God/Mohamed/Budha/whoever might help?!?!
    i think it's more the opposite. im a spurs fan and occasionally i enjoy the game that newcastle play, those fellas are downright entertaining. to me, seeing a champions league berth having been pretty dormant in the past decade, i was thrilled.. we didn't technically win anything. same with newcastle, i look at it and say "wow, they're in third for the first bit of the season, good on them!"

i dont believe if i were a man U fan i could feel the same excitement winning the league every year, but that's just me. if you're with a team for the lows, then the highs seem so much higher. that's what i think will happen here. you'll have the occasional toronto sports fan watching TFC when we're winning, but to think they would celebrate anymore than we would if a champions league final place or an MLS cup spot were in our grasp.. highly doubt it.

I WOKE UP IN A FUCKING TREE THE MORNING AFTER WE WON OUR FIRST NCC!!