Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Yep. Their passing is like 5 times better than any MLS team at home. It was scary how they ripped apart Seattle with their fluid passing game.

The key to this game for Toronto is Danny K. Why? It's air battle time. Mexican teams generally hate and don't deal well with balls in the air. Crash the box and launch balls in the air and hope Danny K or Johnson or whoever can get a head onto it. Set pieces will also be key. (this is for away at Santos Laguna)

I think 4-3-3 can work at BMO Field, esp with JDG gaining more match fitness. Stifle Santos midfield and isolate their strikers
    Danny was all but invisible against LA, except for that thumping header he sent wide in the second half (but was offside anyway). Easily the hardest header I've seen from a TFC player ever.

The problem is with the delivery. Decent crosses into the box from our wide players are the exception rather than the rule.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of battling in the air...does anyone remember the last time TFC had two such beautiful headers for a goal in consecutive games than Silva and Johnson? It's not something we have been known for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Speaking of battling in the air...does anyone remember the last time TFC had two such beautiful headers for a goal in consecutive games than Silva and Johnson? It's not something we have been known for.
    They must have been practicing those in training, they were both executed clinically and were the same setup and targeting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Silva number 1 and Johnson 2
    I will never forget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

27th or 28th?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know it's for the thread on the Mexico leg of the match-up, but I really do hope that no TFC fan goes down there. I can see something bad happening.
    Torreon is not a place I would want to visit. In fact, I'd rank it just ahead of Juarez for desirable travel destinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC's best hope is to win at BMO Field and then try to gut out a low scoring draw in Torreon. Easier said than done, but hopefully Winter will prepare the troops accordingly based on the carnage that was on display against Seattle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have alot of faith in this round I am sorry to say. The key will be to TFC having a lead going into Mexico. I know it didn't work for Sounders but if you let them get a couple away goals here then go to Mexico down by a goal (or two) or in a tie I don't think we have a chance at all. If we go there up a goal then you never know. We may be able to hold onto a tie if the higher powers are willing. In the end I am proud of the team and will just go and enjoy this match. If we make it past this round I will be very happy and if not, so be it. Looking forward to the MLS season no matter what happens.

As far as tickets go they should be dropping prices drastically from normal BMO prices to make sure it is full. Trying to sell the Red and Dark Grey sections in so short of a window will not happen unless ticket prices are reduced.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santos counters are also deadly. If TFC plays unfocused like vs LA and get caught unorganized on defence, Santos will murder us.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    27th or 28th?
    28th....BMO from what I am hearing.

We begin our home leg of the Semifinal on Wednesday, March 28th at BMO Field, 8:00 p.m. kickoff. Our house is going to be jumping as we go head to head with Santos Laguna.

As a Season Seat Holder, your on-sale date is tomorrow, March 16th.
    Last edited by Phil; 03-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    TFC's best hope is to win at BMO Field and then try to gut out a low scoring draw in Torreon. Easier said than done, but hopefully Winter will prepare the troops accordingly based on the carnage that was on display against Seattle.

could be 6C - 7C game time....hopefully little drizzle....a packed BMO just could be the ingrediant..to win this 3-0

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a classy move, RSL supporters are wishing us "good luck" as the MLS representatives.

http://www.rslsoapbox.com/2012/3/15/...uck-toronto-fc
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets on sale tomorrow. That was fast. Just got e-mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got an email from TFC about tickets. For SSH they go on sale tomorrow. Said a follow up email will come. Doesn't say how many we can buy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is where the "click here for all games" blanket payment plan comes into effect on the season ticket renewals? I'm assuming that those of us who clicked on that won't have to do anything to guarantee/buy our ticket to this game?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    This match is going to define how much of a draw Beckham is in this city.

If it sells out, then it's not about Beckham or those shitey Galaxy old farts. If it's half full, then perhaps it is.

Either way, it's going to be a fuckin party.
    I would think it would be a sell out.
    Is the game at BMO or Skydome ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't have alot of faith in this round I am sorry to say. The key will be to TFC having a lead going into Mexico. I know it didn't work for Sounders but if you let them get a couple away goals here then go to Mexico down by a goal (or two) or in a tie I don't think we have a chance at all. If we go there up a goal then you never know. We may be able to hold onto a tie if the higher powers are willing. In the end I am proud of the team and will just go and enjoy this match. If we make it past this round I will be very happy and if not, so be it. Looking forward to the MLS season no matter what happens.

As far as tickets go they should be dropping prices drastically from normal BMO prices to make sure it is full. Trying to sell the Red and Dark Grey sections in so short of a window will not happen unless ticket prices are reduced.
    Hope we win here obviously but if we lost here, I bet the Mexicans would feel they're a lock and not really take us seriously. When that happens, well anything can happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    Hope we win here obviously but if we lost here, I bet the Mexicans would feel they're a lock and not really take us seriously. When that happens, well anything can happen.
    I don't think Santos will underestimate us, esp with their manager who got his tactics absolutely right vs Seattle. Despite whipping Seattle at home, they got a run for their money in Seattle, and TFC defeating LA will earn TFC some respect. They won't take us lightly
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    BMO, March 28th 8:00 pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope its the same prices as our season tickets per game. I think supporters were $19/ticket and dark greys $50/ticket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Fuck, I have class at 6-9pm on Wednesdays, and I already bailed last week to come to the game. I can't do it two weeks in a row, on the 28th and 4th. They are the final two classes.. What should I do?
    Champions League > Book Learnin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post

It's at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC must win the first leg by multiple goals and, most importantly, NOT CONCEDE. Easier said than done, but I think that's the only realistic hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time is the biggest issue. The time is just short as hell.
    Last edited by trane; 03-15-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Historical Weather for March 28th. C'mon -6!

March 28 , 2011Toronto City

Max Temp: 4.2 °C
    Min Temp: -6.4 °C
    Mean Temp: -1.1 °C
    Precip Accumulation: 0 mm

March 28 , 2010Toronto City

Max Temp: 6.6 °C
    Min Temp: 3.7 °C
    Mean Temp: 5.2 °C
    Precip Accumulation: 4.6 mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Good luck with that. I would be less surprised if we had a historical high.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting that our next CCL opponent just beat out our next MLS opponent. If we beat Sounders on the weekend people will say we have more of a chance in the CCL...maybe. If we lose to the Sounders all we will hear, even more, is that we will get killed based on that result. So it seems everything hangs on this weekend (from a reporter point of view at least ). People just won't be able to help themselves with that comparison. Of course anyone who knows soccer knows that it is not the case and anything can happen in any game. Can't wait to read the press on it though...for strictly entertainment purposes only.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spoke with Toronto FC sales, tomorrow is for first rights to our own seats (SSH) at BMO, then I assume leftovers will be thrown to the wolves.
    Last edited by jasonbanks; 03-15-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got an email ticket presale happening March 21st. Thing is I'm not a ssh. I have a couple of family members that have seasons though. So does this mean SSH's won't have 1st dibs but rather it's going to be a freeforall. Or have you guys received earlier presale dates?

Edit:
    Ahh I now see the post above mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I too got that email this aft...

---------------------------

We are on our way to the Champions League Semifinals XXXXXX,
    No Canadian team has ever reached the CONCACAF Semifinals and with yesterday's triumphant win over the LA Galaxy, defeating them 4-3 on aggregate, we are now only two matches away from the Champions League Finals.
    We would not have been able to do this without your support and passion, THANK YOU!
    We begin our home leg of the Semifinal on Wednesday, March 28th at BMO Field, 8:00 p.m. kickoff. Our house is going to be jumping as we go head to head with Santos Laguna.
    As a Season Seat Holder, your on-sale date is tomorrow, March 16th.
    Note: A follow up communication will be sent to you tomorrow morning with further details.
    Don't miss your chance to join our run to the Champions League Final. Be a part of history!
    Toronto FC
    //ALL FOR ONE