Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody meeting up at Shoeless before the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's one thing I've learned from being a TFC supporter it's that we can, no matter how horrible we are, compete with Mexican teams. Its the Crews, and Sounders of the world that we fuck up on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait is MESSI playing???......My bad its Santos playing not BARCELONA!!!

anyone who thinks we cant win weds night or get some kind of result give there head shake!!!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 03-27-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i was talking to a rep today and he said they sold over 18k...i was shocked,i was thinking maybe 10 k at the most.
    That's fantastic to hear in contrary with earlier reports that we'd have a small showing with tickets being widely available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said in another thread:

Santos 6 - 1 Seattle
    Seattle 3 - TFC 1.

That's why we are sh1t scared right now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    wait is MESSI playing???......My bad its Santos playing not BARCELONA!!!

anyone who thinks we cant win weds night or get some kind of result give there head shake!!!
    Bring it down another notch, it's Santos Laguna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkolish3 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned from being a TFC supporter it's that we can, no matter how horrible we are, compete with Mexican teams. Its the Crews, and Sounders of the world that we fuck up on.
    As a club we've always played to the level of our competition, it's some sort of thing in the Canadian oxygen that causes this.

And cmon, we have that studly man RJ9 who certainly enjoys to tear the CCL apart. You see how angry he was vs SJ with how that game went?
    I would wear brown shorts tomorrow Santos, when he comes down the pitch with the football they are gonna shit themselves.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    im going off on a tangent here, but not once, not once, have i ever read "you know what? im getting tired of your optimism". we've all seen plenty. sometimes the bad outweighs the good. sometimes people can't see the forest through the trees and people crack, i get it. i get that there's threads that go on 7+ pages after a loss but only 3 pages after a win. it's in our nature as fans, but consider this..

i want you to go back to 08 when we lost to montreal in the voyagers cup. read what was written in that thread. crap, bush league, blow up the team, why do we pay money for this crap? honestly, read what was written about the team back then, and it sounds exactly what i've read here. we have a game tomorrow against one of the biggest teams in mexico. to get there, we had to face the edmonton whatevers, the whitecaps, pumas, tauro, FC dallas, and the winners of the supporter shield and MLS cup.....
    Rousing speech, but give me a break about the optimism, wowz.

I'm from the school that says that shameless boosterism and cheerleading even in the face of consistent failure actually hurts the club over the long run. You're not picking the boys up when they're down. You're preventing accountability. You hear time and time again from players who say others on the squad lack professionalism. How many pages has that thread received?

Our Cindirella run into the CCL semis has been great to watch. But I'm being realistic about the outcome of the Santos tie and I'd also argue that people are glossing over what's happening in league play now as a result.

Here's the thing: once our luck runs out (I think it runs out tomorrow, you disagree, but whatevs) and we turn back to league play where we have a -6 goal differential after two games INCLUDING OUR FUCKING HOME OPENER, it'll be again too late to demand any accountability from the club. Meanwhile I got some guy on this board who told me couple days back that he thinks by mid-season, everyone will love Winter and we'll be rocking the table. See what I mean?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just stomp on their fucking throats tomorrow, and send them back to their madres...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Rousing speech, but give me a break about the optimism, wowz.

I'm from the school that says that shameless boosterism and cheerleading even in the face of consistent failure actually hurts the club over the long run. You're not picking the boys up when they're down. You're preventing accountability. You hear time and time again from players who say others on the squad lack professionalism. How many pages has that thread received?

Our Cindirella run into the CCL semis has been great to watch. But I'm being realistic about the outcome of the Santos tie and I'd also argue that people are glossing over what's happening in league play now as a result.

Here's the thing: once our luck runs out (I think it runs out tomorrow, you disagree, but whatevs) and we turn back to league play where we have a -6 goal differential after two games INCLUDING OUR FUCKING HOME OPENER, it'll be again too late to demand any accountability from the club. Meanwhile I got some guy on this board who told me couple days back that he thinks by mid-season, everyone will love Winter and we'll be rocking the table. See what I mean?
    Your broader point has validity, but imho your timing is totally screwed up.

I was one of a small minority around here who had seen enough midway through last season and would've fired Winter in June (problem was, as I and everyone else knows, given our FC Hollywood of the North history, we can't afford to keep churning two coaches a year, but I digress...)

June/July is the right time to make this call. 10-20 games gone, so there's enough data, but you give the new person time to turn things around (longshot) but more importantly, evaluate personnel and have the reins firmly in hand for the coming offseason.

All that to say, there is NO WAY you can say Winter should be fired in early April, even if we get blown out by Santos.

I will be even more patient this year, because there's an additional complication - I want this call made by the new regime. I don't want our hands tied the way the Leafs may have their hands tied (because Burke took on Carlyle's contract).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avila is not CAP-TIED as I've read on here, he's CUP-TIED (ie he's played for another team in this CUP).
    Have read this multiple times - yes I'm anal that way.
    Now back to your regular forecasts of doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't a Mexican team beat Barcelona, which had some starters in it not so long ago in a friendly? I don't think TFC could ever dream of doing that under any circumstances, like that game against Real.

The reason that Santos is to be feared is that the level of play is higher than MLS. The team's budget is like 3 times that of TFC, isn't it?

But that's football, underdogs CAN and Do win. So I will be watching it with great interest, who knows what can happened.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Your broader point has validity, but imho your timing is totally screwed up.

I was one of a small minority around here who had seen enough midway through last season and would've fired Winter in June (problem was, as I and everyone else knows, given our FC Hollywood of the North history, we can't afford to keep churning two coaches a year, but I digress...)

June/July is the right time to make this call. 10-20 games gone, so there's enough data, but you give the new person time to turn things around (longshot) but more importantly, evaluate personnel and have the reins firmly in hand for the coming offseason.

All that to say, there is NO WAY you can say Winter should be fired in early April, even if we get blown out by Santos.

I will be even more patient this year, because there's an additional complication - I want this call made by the new regime. I don't want our hands tied the way the Leafs may have their hands tied (because Burke took on Carlyle's contract).
    You're acting like this is his first couple games. He's been with us for more than a full season now. CCL aside, tell me how different then this year looks compared to 2011. It's more of the same. If you argue that the caliber of the players brought on has improved (I don't, but just saying), then it comes down to coaching and managerial direction. I don't know of any other workplace where this much on-the-job learning would be tolerated. And notice I'm not even comparing this to the drastic improvement in Vancouver that took place in the offseason. Are their DPs coming back to work out of shape and on the verge of injury?

But whatever, I'm just cynical, surely. Onwards and upwards. I'm sure playoffs are just a heartbeat away.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bud, im with ya. i went silent after the 3rd goal and never picked back up.
    there's another thread floating around lately (im not expecting you to know everything i post inside and out) where you can see me state that im not their personal motivation army and if i'm taking my time, money and effort to support them, i need to see an effort, at minimal, as a return.

as for the optimism, i havent forgotten about the league. i could understand that it was foolhardy to anchor our defense on a 33 year old for an entire season without a decent defense, at this point however, im choosing to forgo two loses under the pretense that in the previous 5 seasons, we've gone from not winning the VC, to not passing qualifiers, to not passing group stage, to here. it doesnt mean i dont have the season in the corner of my eye and the back of my mind, it means that at this point im choosing to think about a positive thats happening right now vs a negative. i may have said it, im too lazy to reread what i wrote, but it's not optimism in my view. it's a shift in focus. focusing on a complete positive versus focusing on an absolute negative.

if ever there was a game to cheer the team on, win, tie or loss, i think this is the game to do it at. i wouldnt show up to a playoff game (forgo the playoff debate everyone) and not cheer for the boys because they got eliminated.

i understand the seattle loss, we just came outt've a game against the galaxy 3 days prior and had to travel. the san jose game, not so much and im not forgetting that, but i disagree that we demand any accountability 2 games into a season where we have 5 fixtures in 14 days with an injured captain and goalkeeper. if the next 4-5 games turn out the same, then ill start getting my back up, but until then im focused on tomorrow.

you can disagree, i wont argue, only provide my perspective.
    i do agree however, that they've given you every single reason to doubt and i'll never hold that against any of you, no matter how riled up and "whats wrong with all of you? GO TFC!" i come across.
    Last edited by __wowza; 03-27-2012 at 01:19 PM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, they said we couldn't beat Montreal by 5 goals away and we pulled of some fun that night.

Its a game of two legs, and most importantly its a game - so nobody can predict the outcome. I certainly hope TFC will be in a mood to play and compete. I know I will be there along with a sea of red singing and pushing for that result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herculez Gomez on Twitter today:

@herculezg: I have to admit #TFC .. Your city is stunning. Absolutely one of my favorites. If you see me around town come and say hi,...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commie Red View Post
    Herculez Gomez on Twitter today:

@herculezg: I have to admit #TFC .. Your city is stunning. Absolutely one of my favorites. If you see me around town come and say hi,...
    @herculezg: I'll give you a tour of every bar in the city tonight - complete with 5-shots at each bar for you and all your teammates

MLSE can afford that - and they'll all be too shitcanned to play the next day!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Meh, they said we couldn't beat Montreal by 5 goals away and we pulled of some fun that night.

Yeah but we don't have DeRo anymore.

Sorry...had to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    @herculezg: I'll give you a tour of every bar in the city tonight - complete with 5-shots at each bar for you and all your teammates

Screw that! It's my cue to take them to the Rail tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Yeah but we don't have DeRo anymore.

Sorry...had to.
    Sure we do...oh wait, this isn't the Raptors thread. Never mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder how many celtic jersey's we are going to see in the southend tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post

LOL...i just tweeted him and @marccrosas something similar!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pumped but terribly scared. We need to be the 12th man tomorrow. Hopefully the players have not been demoralised by recent results and think back to LA instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're acting like this is his first couple games. He's been with us for more than a full season now. CCL aside, tell me how different then this year looks compared to 2011. It's more of the same. If you argue that the caliber of the players brought on has improved (I don't, but just saying), then it comes down to coaching and managerial direction. I don't know of any other workplace where this much on-the-job learning would be tolerated.
    Actually, after the first two games following last year's summer transfer window, TFC played fairly well down the stretch in league play as well as the CCL. It is for that very reason that I was expecting more out of the current group than what they have shown thus far to start the MLS season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Actually, after the first two games following last year's summer transfer window, TFC played fairly well down the stretch in league play as well as the CCL. It is for that very reason that I was expecting more out of the current group than what they have shown thus far to start the MLS season.
    I think it can be said (in friendship, without spilling all the blood that was spilled last October around here) that there was some disagreement as to just how well we played in the second half last year. We definitely looked better (hard not to, we were a grease fire until July). Our record after the DPs arrived was a little better, not a lot better, we beat Columbus (and tied Pumas and beat Dallas of course), but also continued to have a number of lopsided losses in the second half.

I give Winter higher marks for beating LA in CCL than for anything that happened in 2011, beating Dallas included (that Dallas team imploded down the stretch).
    Last edited by ensco; 03-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    Everybody meeting up at Shoeless before the game?
    i am, you know what that means?
    alcohol poisoning and spice girls blaring on the jukebox!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it can be said (in friendship, without spilling all the blood that was spilled last October around here) that there was some disagreement as to just how well we played in the second half last year. We definitely looked better (hard not to, we were a grease fire until July). Our record after the DPs arrived was a little better, not a lot better, we beat Columbus (and tied Pumas and beat Dallas of course), but also continued to have a number of lopsided losses in the second half.

I give Winter higher marks for beating LA in CCL than for anything that happened in 2011, beating Dallas included (that Dallas team imploded down the stretch).
    In the second half, yes, but after the roster was overhauled during the summer transfer window, I recall TFC compiling a respectable record in league play once the current roster was in place.
    Then again, maybe I had a few too many towards the end of last season and my memory is off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know where they are staying? Just to make sure they all get a good nights sleep of course...would hate for an alarm to go off at 4am

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on all points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most teams stay at the hotel at the rogers center..