Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!. WE CAN DO THIS. Even if your Down and out for the count or when the whole world is against you should never give up. I certainly Hope Winter tells the boys that. IF they play 100% to the best of their abilities i am satisfied. and although Santos is a tough team they are not without their weaknesses. I dont know much about them to be honest So i do not know what it is, but they have one.

and right now the boys need our support. remember where they are playing this game OUR HOUSE. We can't be doubting this team in this moment. However they have to understand that this is do or die and have to bring their A game. I remember everyone telling us, oh LA is gonna kick your ass, they have better players they will smoke you guys. We showed them. SO lets get the party going and bring that proverbial Flag into WAR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furtado91 View Post
    COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!. WE CAN DO THIS. Even if your Down and out for the count or when the whole world is against you should never give up. I certainly Hope Winter tells the boys that. IF they play 100% to the best of their abilities i am satisfied. and although Santos is a tough team they are not without their weaknesses. I dont know much about them to be honest So i do not know what it is, but they have one.

and right now the boys need our support. remember where they are playing this game OUR HOUSE. We can't be doubting this team in this moment. However they have to understand that this is do or die and have to bring their A game. I remember everyone telling us, oh LA is gonna kick your ass, they have better players they will smoke you guys. We showed them. SO lets get the party going and bring that proverbial Flag into WAR.
    agreed %100....Beating LA was unbelievable in its self!...Who would of thought in a million years TFC would be battling for a berth to be in the final of the CCL in this stage of its short tender! ... Take it in boys....enjoy the moment..This may never happen again!!!! At this point we have nothing to lose!! Bring it on WEDS...it should be a night to remember...its a night history will be made for our club win or lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    I have an indoor game on Wednesday @8pm from which I will get more pleasure than watching the current TFC squad.
    I went to every CCL home game last year. (incl. the morning Dallas game during the EX), but the San Jose shit-show sealed the deal.
    Have fun and I hope they win.
    I don't get it personally. You invest money/time into the whole journey, but one poor performance (after a decent preseason and 2 great showings vs LA), you ditch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Santos is bringing their first team, and are pretty confident of a win.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03...-stars-toronto

The end of the line is probably here. Without Frings, the backline will be exposed.
    Given how strong Vancouver is this year, TFC probably won't be back next year, so enjoy it while you can.
    LA brought their first team, and were pretty confident they'd win.

Frings will be back for the CC and Vancouver being in decent form in mid march doesn't mean they've already locked up wins vs us in late May.

Depressing....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally hoping for negative temperatures, 2 feet of snow, and for goals!!!!

Hoping for the Reds to keep it close! It'll be tough, but I'm ready to bring it tomorrow night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if Santos brought their starters or will they field mostly a B line up?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastYork View Post
    Anyone know if Santos brought their starters or will they field mostly a B line up?
    It was reported by Informador that Galindo has traveled with goalkeepers Sanchez and Miguel Becerra.

Defenders Baloy, Santiago Hoyos, Aaron Galindo, Rafael Figueroa, Ivan Estrada, Cesar Ibanez, Antonio Olvera and Osmar Mares have also joined the party.

Midfielders in the group are Marc Crosas, Rodolfo Salinas, Carlos Morales, Jaime Toledo, Candido Ramirez and the attack-minded Christian Suarez.

Finally, forwards Oribe Peralta, Darwin Quintero, Carlos Ochoa and Gomez round out the squad.

That won’t quite make up for Toronto playing without Torsten Frings, but while the Mexican manager Galindo hasn’t yet revealed his starting eleven, if the reports are true, it is a compliment to TFC that he traveled most of his first team in the event they are needed on Wednesday.

Looks like mostly first squad.

One paper, it looks like TFC is going to get a reaming, but soccer isn't played on paper.

Up the Reds
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I don't get it personally. You invest money/time into the whole journey, but one poor performance (after a decent preseason and 2 great showings vs LA), you ditch?
    Sorry, the Seattle game was a good showing too?

We've allowed 6 goals in the last two league games and LA has been off form all of preseason and the first games of league play as well.

Also: we're in our sixth season.

I think he's seen plenty, just like I have.

I think we get crushed tomorrow, or a draw at best, and Santos finish the job on the return leg. Then 2012 will start to feel a lot like 2011 and 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard they brought their diving team, get ready for some theatrics cause they are going to put on a show..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Sorry, the Seattle game was a good showing too?

We've allowed 6 goals in the last two league games and LA has been off form all of preseason and the first games of league play as well.

Also: we're in our sixth season.

I think we get crushed tomorrow, or a draw at best, and Santos finish the job on the return leg. Then 2012 will start to feel a lot like 2011 and 2010.
    so easy to give up, eh
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EastYork View Post
    According to their website they brought everyone over other than those suspended or injured. They practiced at Cherry Beach last night and complained about the cold weather. They are practicing today at noon at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    i heard they brought their diving team, get ready for some theatrics cause they are going to put on a show..
    santos played actually pretty clean for their matches vs seattle

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really.. well that would be a nice if that continues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the Mexican clubs don't care about CCL, Santos Laguna does. They will not fool around on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of doom and gloom on here. Especially the part about Vancouver being so good. Who did they beat again? Chivas and New England?

Anyway.. this game is going to be cold and hostile. A few hard tackles in the freezing wind early on and we'll put the fear of god in them. Frings being out is obviously a blow, but I feel the same (to a much lesser extent) could be said for Matt Stinson. That kid has the grit to put in the kind of performance we need tomorrow. Hopefully Dunfield is up to the challenge. He's been taking a lot of flack lately but he still good gas in the tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest concern right now is that Winter may try to force the line up we saw on Saturday to work, rather than fine tuning. Well maybe fine tuning isn't the right words - sandblasting might be better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    A lot of doom and gloom on here. Especially the part about Vancouver being so good. Who did they beat again? Chivas and New England?
    Montreal and Chivas USA (who happened to beat RSL away btw). Drew DC United last week

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right.. either way I'm not impressed. Not to throw excuses out there but we simply can't judge the outcome of the CC based on the first two weeks of MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    That's right.. either way I'm not impressed. Not to throw excuses out there but we simply can't judge the outcome of the CC based on the first two weeks of MLS.
    I agree with last statement, but Vancouver does have 3 clean sheets in a row. Regardless of who your opposition is, that's still pretty good

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I agree with last statement, but Vancouver does have 3 clean sheets in a row. Regardless of who your opposition is, that's still pretty good
    if the Whitecaps are going to be that tight at the back, AND have some deadly weapons in Le Toux and Hasli up front, they are going to have a fantastic season!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather report has gotten worse again for the Santos game. Whereas recently Weather Network was saying it would be clear for the game, now they're saying 9-11 degrees during game time, 40% chance of rain, winds up to 35km/h out of the SW.

Hopefully the weather will get even a bit worse. My wife won't be happy, but I will, thinking this may have some impact on Santos (and their fans).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since most figure Santos will tear us apart talent wise - then its time to bring the game down...

Any time they attack in numbers, hard foul...
    Any time outside the box threatening, hard foul...

We'll rack up yellows, we might have a man sent off, or concede on a set piece - but if we're going to get torn apart playing the other way, lets stick into them and see if we can grind out an ugly, physical, decent result...

Some people hate this tactic or even these kind of thoughts - but when you're in the final-4 of your continent - do what you have to win!

Rough, borderline dirty, just win baby...

If Henry can use his hands to qualify for the world cup, Suarez the same to stay alive - well, we can use some physicality to give us a chance...

Go out and bring'em hell... Shoulder charges with purpose, stick in with the tackles, chirp, whisper shit in their ears - DO WHAT IT TAKES...

The start of the game we should bringing, and Santos should be feeling: HERE COMES TFC - AND HELLS COMING WITH US!!!

Carts...

EDIT: this goes for us to. Bring'em hell. Sing, chirp, chant - anything to give us some kind of advantage. BRING HELL! (we need it)...
    Last edited by Carts; 03-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McCartney, I love that! haha. Winter should do this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    The start of the game we should bringing, and Santos should be feeling: HERE COMES TFC - AND HELLS COMING WITH US!!!Carts...EDIT: this goes for us to. Bring'em hell. Sing, chirp, chant - anything to give us some kind of advantage. BRING HELL! (we need it)...
    The HAMMERS of HELL!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Since most figure Santos will tear us apart talent wise - then its time to bring the game down...

Any time they attack in numbers, hard foul...
    Any time outside the box threatening, hard foul...

We'll rack up yellows, we might have a man sent off, or concede on a set piece - but if we're going to get torn apart playing the other way, lets stick into them and see if we can grind out an ugly, physical, decent result...

Some people hate this tactic or even these kind of thoughts - but when you're in the final-4 of your continent - do what you have to win!

Rough, borderline dirty, just win baby...

If Henry can use his hands to qualify for the world cup, Suarez the same to stay alive - well, we can use some physicality to give us a chance...

Go out and bring'em hell... Shoulder charges with purpose, stick in with the tackles, chirp, whisper shit in their ears - DO WHAT IT TAKES...

The start of the game we should bringing, and Santos should be feeling: HERE COMES TFC - AND HELLS COMING WITH US!!!

Carts...

EDIT: this goes for us to. Bring'em hell. Sing, chirp, chant - anything to give us some kind of advantage. BRING HELL! (we need it)...

Now that's the kind of post I want to read.

I want to sit beside you tomorrow, everyone grumpy can go pout in the north stands if they like.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how ticket sales went?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Now that's the kind of post I want to read.

I want to sit beside you tomorrow, everyone grumpy can go pout in the north stands if they like.
    Just BEAT THEM INTO SUBMISSION...!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    Anyone know how ticket sales went?
    i was talking to a rep today and he said they sold over 18k...i was shocked,i was thinking maybe 10 k at the most.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    I have an indoor game on Wednesday @8pm from which I will get more pleasure than watching the current TFC squad.
    I went to every CCL home game last year. (incl. the morning Dallas game during the EX), but the San Jose shit-show sealed the deal.
    Have fun and I hope they win.
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    im going off on a tangent here, but not once, not once, have i ever read "you know what? im getting tired of your optimism". we've all seen plenty. sometimes the bad outweighs the good. sometimes people can't see the forest through the trees and people crack, i get it. i get that there's threads that go on 7+ pages after a loss but only 3 pages after a win. it's in our nature as fans, but consider this..

i want you to go back to 08 when we lost to montreal in the voyagers cup. read what was written in that thread. crap, bush league, blow up the team, why do we pay money for this crap? honestly, read what was written about the team back then, and it sounds exactly what i've read here. we have a game tomorrow against one of the biggest teams in mexico. to get there, we had to face the edmonton whatevers, the whitecaps, pumas, tauro, FC dallas, and the winners of the supporter shield and MLS cup.

everyone was apprehensive about winning the voyagers cup
    everyone thought we'd crash out of the group stage
    everyone was convinced we wouldnt perform in our away games
    everyone was so sure that we'd lose to the galaxy

now here we are, 4 years and some change later, as the sole MLS representative and ONLY canadian team to make it into the quarter finals of the champions league.. and that means what? we get thumped by a mexican team and we're right back to where we started from? where was that infectious cynicism before the semis, or group stage? look at what we've done. look at all of the optimism that surrounded the team after the end of last season, the euphoria of the galaxy win, and that's all but dried up because of 2 league games without one of our star players and a starting goalkeeper under the pretense that it's been six years of the same shit? if we get smoked by a top mexican team bringing it's A-squad during the middle of their season while we're 3 weeks into ours, then so fuckin be it, but it shows everyone exactly who they think we are and what they think we're capable of.

say what you will, im not going to forget what it took to get there, and for that reason im going to sing, and chant, and hurl abuse, and scream, and bang on whatever i can get my hands on for a solid 90 fucking minutes.

we're going to give them a reason to bring their A-team.
    we're going to give them a reason not to underestimate us.
    they can beat us 7-1 but when they leave this city
    mark my words
    they'll know they had a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    we're going to give them a reason to bring their A-team.
    we're going to give them a reason not to underestimate us.
    they can beat us 7-1 but when they leave this city
    mark my words
    they'll know they had a fight.
    I think its obvious that's my attitude! Although sub 'fight' for 'WAR'...!!!!