Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is not Italian and a defender.
    That could mean he's not Italian and IS a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has to be Joe Hart. Mariner saw how well he connect with Carroll (England most frequent passing combo) and pegged him as te perfect player for his style of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joking aside I agree with whoever posted Sheva's pick. Makes the most sense. Out of contract and linked with the MLS in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Has to be Joe Hart. Mariner saw how well he connect with Carroll (England most frequent passing combo) and pegged him as te perfect player for his style of play.
    Awesome! Great line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    That could mean he's not Italian and IS a defender.
    That's certainly how I read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    So who is old and out of contract from last Euro?
    Buffon, isn't he retiring, that would be par for Cochrane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm not sure ANY of us fans can judge the Plata situation as we don't know all the details. I don't really have anythign to say other than he seemed a tallented player last year (didn't show it this year tho) so its a pity he's gone. But I can't judge the club/plata/the mls as I don't have enough info, and would be making assumptions if I were to judge anything at all!
    We have heard this a 100 times in the last month - that argument is complete and utter hogwash. We will never have all of the facts on any situation. We plunk down our hard earned money to watch a clueless, circus clown show that never appears to end - damn right we can judge. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, who the hell are you to say we can't judge it to be a duck???? In fact, why do you keep telling us that is probably a bunny, a buffalo or bigfoot because we have not got the results of a DNA sample to prove it is a duck?

There are times when you wait and see, and times when you can make an assessment. We have tons of experience listening to the fumble-bum baffle-gab from the front office and watching their actions, and the results of those actions. We have heard lots of players over the years and we have seen a lot unfold before our very eyes!! Do you believe Plata's statement or Mariner's - they cannot both be accurate - either Mariner is lying when he said that Plata told him how to do his job or Plata is truthful saying Mariner and he did not have the conversation? Come on choose!! I believe Plata is telling the truth and Mariner is either lying or was fed a bunch of hearsay BS that he chose to swallow. Who has the agenda here T-boy? I certainly don't think it is Plata...

Don't slather this thick layer of fog on every member of management, so they can have a free ride - they don't deserve it, and at this point they have a long way to go to receive the benefit of the doubt.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    More info from Ryan Wolstat: He's not ITALIAN OR A DEFENDER
    And probably not Dutch, either.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably someone who was on loan to Plymouth when he was the coach there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Darren O'Dea

Darren O'Dea (pronounced dah-ren-oh-day) (born on 4 February 1987) is an Irish footballer who plays as a centre back. He is currently a free agent after his contract with Scottish Premier League club Celtic expired.

O'Dea started his career with Celtic and broke into the first team during the 2006–07 season. Since then he has won the Scottish Premier League twice, in 2006–07 and 2007–08. He has also won both the Scottish Cup, in 2008, and Scottish League Cup, 2009, once. He moved on a six-month loan to English Championship side Reading for the first-half of the 2009–10 season. But returned to play in the first-team and become temporary captain of the club for the second season. Since then he has not been a part of Celtic's first team and has been loaned out to Championship sides Ipswich Town and Leeds United for the 2010–11 and 2011–12 season respectively.
    maybe ?
    Last edited by TOBOR !; 07-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Bet it's Samaras.
    Hmmmmm...Interesting guess. Perhaps Theofanis Gekas instead? His contract just expired and he is currently unattached. There are a lot of Greeks in Toronto...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    We have heard this a 100 times in the last month - that argument is complete and utter hogwash. We will never have all of the facts on any situation. We plunk down our hard earned money to watch a clueless, circus clown show that never appears to end - damn right we can judge. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, who the hell are you to say we can't judge it to be a duck???? In fact, why do you keep telling us that is probably a bunny, a buffalo or bigfoot because we have not got the results of a DNA sample to prove it is a duck?

There are times when you wait and see, and times when you can make an assessment. We have tons of experience listening to the fumble-bum baffle-gab from the front office and watching their actions, and the results of those actions. We have heard lots of players over the years and we have seen a lot unfold before our very eyes!! Do you believe Plata's statement or Mariner's - they cannot both be accurate - either Mariner is lying when he said that Plata told him how to do his job or Plata is truthful saying Mariner and he did not have the conversation? Come on choose!! I believe Plata is telling the truth and Mariner is either lying or was fed a bunch of hearsay BS that he chose to swallow. Who has the agenda here T-boy? I certainly don't think it is Plata...

Don't slather this thick layer of fog on every member of management, so they can have a free ride - they don't deserve it, and at this point they have a long way to go to receive the benefit of the doubt.

That was a mouthful,
    Now if Plata wasn't a 19 year old kid, but a high priced Prima Donna, I would say Plata has the agenda, but as said before TFC FO are on damage control, to try and save face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Hmmmmm...Interesting guess. Perhaps Theofanis Gekas instead? His contract just expired and he is currently unattached. There are a lot of Greeks in Toronto...

There's a lot of everything in Toronto. If the TFC FO wants sign a marquee name that will appeal to a particular demographic market in this city to generate interest and bolster STH renewals, they can practically sign any former European star and accomplish their goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greeks know a little bit about Olof Mellberg too, seeming as he just left Olympiacos:

The English also know a little bit about this 34 year old CB who just happens to currently be a free agent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greeks know a little bit about Olof Mellberg too, seeming as he just left Olympiacos:

The English also know a little bit about this 34 year old CB who just happens to currently be a free agent.
    Man, I would love to see Mellberg here .. always thought he was a massive player. Didn't realize he was out of contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    There's a lot of everything in Toronto. If the TFC FO wants sign a marquee name that will appeal to a particular demographic market in this city to generate interest and bolster STH renewals, they can practically sign any former European star and accomplish their goal.
    based on your previous post, and the recent maneuvers by TFC management, I assumed that's what was transpiring:

Ryan Wolstat@WolstatSun
    Not the greatest of soccer tidbits, but have heard #TFC is in talks to sign a quality player who participated in the Euro Cup last month
    I was only joining in on the speculative fun. Gekas is a quality player (he's no stranger to the Bundesliga) and he does score a lot of goals too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBF's Speculative List:

FW:

1.Markus Rosenberg(29), Swedish player who played for Werder Bremen and is out of contract.
    2. Ivan Klasnic(32), Croatian player who played for Werder Bremen, and Bolton Wanderers. Out of contract.
    3. Theofanis Gekas(32), Greek player who went on loan to Portsmouth.

My personal favorite:
    4. Angelo Charisteas(32), Greek player out of contract.

MF:

5. Pantelis Kafes(34), Greek player out of contract.

DF:

6. Darren O'Dea(25), Irish player out of contract, formerly of Celtic, Leeds, Ipswich. Seems along MLS standards.
    7. Olof Mellberg(34), Swedish player out of contract, formerly of Aston Villa.

GK:

8. Michalis Sifakis(27), Greek goalkeeper, out of contract.

4-4-2: Ivan Klasnic or Markus Rosenberg would be ideal for TFC. Two DP strikers I think is needed in a 4-4-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    NBF's Speculative List:

My personal favorite:
    4. Angelo Charisteas(32), Greek player out of contract.
    Oh, fuck no. Don't even think his name. That guy's been a failure everywhere he went

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this site you guys make yourself crazzy,beautifful to read al namens and.......you know nothing about wat gone happend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    I love this site you guys make yourself crazzy,beautifful to read al namens and.......you know nothing about wat gone happend.
    Ah yes, but your contributions are always a thing of beauty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more out of contract Euro 2012 players

Christian Wilhelmsson
    Christian Poulsen
    Nikos Liberopoulos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on your previous post, and the recent maneuvers by TFC management, I assumed that's what was transpiring:

I was only joining in on the speculative fun. Gekas is a quality player (he's no stranger to the Bundesliga) and he does score a lot of goals too.
    Are we sure that the TFC used in that tweet is Toronto Football Club, could be Toulouse

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Are we sure that the TFC used in that tweet is Toronto Football Club, could be Toulouse
    I'm not worried - once it becomes clear we can just move all related posts to the Toulouse thread.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah yes, but your contributions are always a thing of beauty.
    This is so the true
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This would be good.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=TFC_905;1511057]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Lets be honest about this, there's a significant element of soccer fans in this city who would rather see TFC lose with an Italian/Dutch/Spanish/Portuguese coach than win with with an English coach. The rampant Anglphobia that exists amongst TFC fans would never be accepted if it was directed at any other nationality.

If the rumours are true please god let Del Piero come [/QUOTE

English managers can win?
    As Tobor mentioned, I think it has more to do with the style of play. The continental game is far more attractive and the game of the present. The 1980's UK Style is a dead type of football for a lot of people.
    Well the worst manager we ever had in my opinion was from the continent, Preki ball was truly unwatchable. There is no such thing as the continental game. The game in Germany is very different from the Italian game or the Dutch game, and they all differ from Spanish football. There have been some very creative Eastern European teams in the past. I mean this Italian team at the Euros was the only Italian team that I can recall playing attractive football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's also incredibly inconsistent from what I've seen. First half 2010-2011 Gekas would be fantastic but he would need consistent service to be effective

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=supersaint;1511347]
    Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post

Well the worst manager we ever had in my opinion was from the continent, Preki ball was truly unwatchable. There is no such thing as the continental game. The game in Germany is very different from the Italian game or the Dutch game, and they all differ from Spanish football. There have been some very creative Eastern European teams in the past. I mean this Italian team at the Euros was the only Italian team that I can recall playing attractive football.
    Preki is from continent,but he learn his coaching here in NA,in former Yugoslavia he was and still is unknown as player let alone coach,you have to find better example,and btw Preki still holds the best record after half of the season.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't expect McKenna to be coming to TFC. Olivier Occean is hinting on twitter that they will be team mates this upcoming season.

https://twitter.com/olivieroccean/st...97838735425540

Mavraj and McKenna to Eintracht? If true, good choices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McKenna is on his last legs. Rob Friend, would be an interesting acquisition, because he might be the Peter Crouch/Kenny Cooper of the league if he were to sign with TFC.