RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MG42 View Post
    ^april fools lol
    bad form to pull a prank before the actual date
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    It's past mignight here on the east coast. give him a break

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured with last years De Rosario debacle, I'd kick things off before hand, just by a bit!

Apologies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gettin rid of Silva is foolish and this defender fetish is gettin out hand, we cant win with 11 defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad form! My brother almost had a conniption.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies, but it had to be done!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear mods. where are you
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dear mods. where are you
    Really? :/
    Jeez, I'm sorry

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well played - It was my 12 year old kid that called the BS! You had me ranting and raving...

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What movement is being made on the Centre Back search? It would be tough to keep Koevermans, DeGuzman, and Frings if the team cant even fix the back four. Something has to give considering Koevermans cant score a fricking goal this season. He's playing alone the majority of the time and he was completely marked by DeLaGarza and Boyens vs Los Angeles. He was also a non factor vs the Crew, maybe because it was a windy day, but really our wingers dont have much accuracy with their crosses anyway and he has the mobility of a pylon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    What movement is being made on the Centre Back search? It would be tough to keep Koevermans, DeGuzman, and Frings if the team cant even fix the back four. Something has to give considering Koevermans cant score a fricking goal this season. He's playing alone the majority of the time and he was completely marked by DeLaGarza and Boyens vs Los Angeles. He was also a non factor vs the Crew, maybe because it was a windy day, but really our wingers dont have much accuracy with their crosses anyway and he has the mobility of a pylon.
    Well, let's sticky this post & review at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I thought Koevermans looked as good as a striker possibly can without scoring a goal against Columbus, he was in the play, moving around the box, had a couple of good chances and he looked like a legitimate threat. Save for that one konker of a shot that almost hit moon (from just outside the box, but wind could have played a factor on that one), I was happy with his performance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Really? :/
    Jeez, I'm sorry
    @yohan: we know.
    he posted that he was writing a prank article, anyone who read this could've gone back 2 posts (or even read it/the subsequent board posts) to know it was a joke. despite the timing matching up a year to the day we got rid of dero, and the fact that the thought of the trade is horrible, i got a chuckle. what's next years? dero coming back?

till then, mod duty: this was an april fools day joke, posts like this outside of that context walk a fine line between parody and unnecessary trolling and will be dealt with accordingly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stefan has his surgery and will be out 4 to 6 months, will be placed on the long term injury list to get cap relief. Guess it will be Milos with Brian Rowe backing him up unless they sign someone else, like they did in 2007 when Kenny was brought in on a loan after Sutton and Srdjan's issues with health kept them out of action.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/...204-6%20months

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    @yohan: we know.
    he posted that he was writing a prank article, anyone who read this could've gone back 2 posts (or even read it/the subsequent board posts) to know it was a joke. despite the timing matching up a year to the day we got rid of dero, and the fact that the thought of the trade is horrible, i got a chuckle. what's next years? dero coming back?

till then, mod duty: this was an april fools day joke, posts like this outside of that context walk a fine line between parody and unnecessary trolling and will be dealt with accordingly.
    It will only happen on April Fools, I can assure you!
    Sorry if it annoyed anyone/crossed any lines, thought I'd have some fun!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they can get that FC Edmonton kid in who played for the u23 side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Holy crap, he is the Edmonton keeper? If we can snatch him, we will be in a GREAT spot in our keeping situation. I doubt we will be able to get him, even if Edmonton will sell him, after his performance he could have some interest in Europe that can pay more than what we could. Whatever we do though, we need to make sure we have enough money left to be able to pay for a new CB.

edit: Not sure of the rules exactly, but wiki has this as his first year. Im not 100% positive, but if im not mistaken players can't move from team to team in most leagues. The only reason MLS teams can, is because the league owns the contract, not the team. So Edmonton probably can't sell him, even if they wanted too, since this is his first year there.
    Last edited by razor787; 04-04-2012 at 02:23 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Holy crap, he is the Edmonton keeper? If we can snatch him, we will be in a GREAT spot in our keeping situation. I doubt we will be able to get him, even if Edmonton will sell him, after his performance he could have some interest in Europe that can pay more than what we could. Whatever we do though, we need to make sure we have enough money left to be able to pay for a new CB.

edit: Not sure of the rules exactly, but wiki has this as his first year. Im not 100% positive, but if im not mistaken players can't move from team to team in most leagues. The only reason MLS teams can, is because the league owns the contract, not the team. So Edmonton probably can't sell him, even if they wanted too, since this is his first year there.
    I think you're talking about a player can't play for more than two teams per year rule?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't plan on anything happening at the summer window unless we trade:

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNIn terms of signing a new keeper, Mariner told me on the weekend the club has no cap space. Any available room must be used on a keeper now.
    We can't use Frei's salary room to sign new players. The rules are clear for both short term and long term injury reserve and according to Mariner we don't have any cap room.

(K)SEASON-ENDING INJURY REPLACEMENTS (Season Ending Injury List)
    A team with a player lost to a season-ending injury can place the player on the Season Ending Injury List and replace that player on its roster, while remaining responsible for the full amount of the injured player’s salary. A player can be placed on the season-ending injury list once another player has been signed as a replacement (provided the team has budget space). International player limits still apply at the time a season-ending replacement is made (with the player being replaced not counting against those limits).

(L) SHORT-TERM INJURY REPLACEMENTS (Disabled List)
    A player who has a short-term injury can be placed on the Disabled List once another player has been signed as a replacement (provided the team has budget space). The team will remain responsible for the full amount of the injured player’s salary on the salary budget. Note: the injured player will have to sit out a minimum of six MLS League matches before he can rejoin the team’s roster.
    Last edited by KGH; 04-04-2012 at 09:32 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J . View Post
    Rycroft article on Misiewicz

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/opin...e.html?cmp=rss

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the article, a good one. Sounds like he wants to play for a canadian side and it may be time to dispense away a spare part for cap room or allocation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're talking about a player can't play for more than two teams per year rule?
    Is that the rule? Two teams in one year? If thats the case, we could sign him, but from my understanding of the rule, a team can't sign someone to a contract, and then sell him to another team. That is what would be happening here.

That withstanding, after reading that article, I am still just as doubtful it would happen. Players like to start games, not ride the bench. If he came here, he would be riding the bench while Kocic starts, and then once Frei gets back, who know's what we do with him. We may loan him out like we did with Milos, but for him he is better off playing in his hometown, where he has a better chance at snagging the #1 spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's best off in Edmonton at the moment. He came back to Canada because he missed friends,family and wanted to play in the first team. Coming to Toronto would have him away from F&F and would be in a worse situation with regards to playing time. In Edmonton he is at least battling with Monsalve for the first team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc seems to be pretty decent at developing keepers, Frei and Kocic. I really dont think he would miss out, moreover, I doubt they will keep both Frei and Kocic next year. Frei wont be back until anytime between July- September, if not October even. Cant have enough prospects and ones that have good potential and was trained by an EPL team doesnt hurt him at all. Its very unlikely they will get him, but with roster choices needing to be made after the season regarding our GKs, it wouldnt harm us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say TFC is good at developing keepers.

Frei was already 22 when he was selected in the draft. Even Kocic was developed in the US College system.
    Last edited by Stouffville_RPB; 04-04-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but it appears Stefan Vukovic is now with Montreal. A shame that he wasn't given much of a shot with Toronto, but I'd like to see the kid in MLS so hopefully he'll be given an opportunity there.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...chester-rhinos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very puzzling. Then again, Makabuya never gets a chance so I can see what Vukovic might be thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair Vukovic is not a natural no. 9 in the 4-3-3 Dutch system and probably more suited to a 4-4-2. It's probably why Makabuya still has a contract. He is similar to Johnson who can play all 3 positions up top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this article on MLS soccer (Spanish page): TFC interested in D/M Javi Calleja:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/es/news/art...a-javi-calleja

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.mlssoccer.com/es/news/article/2012/04/05/se-dice-en…-europa-toronto-fc-tienta-javi-calleja&ei=Kfd9T-W7Os3C0AHUp7yjDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnu m=8&ved=0CHAQ7gEwBw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmarca%2BDavid%2BRuiz%26hl%3Den%26clie nt%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26tbo%3D1%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26biw%3D1173%26bih%3D808%26tbs%3Dqdr:d%26p rmd%3Dimvnso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Calleja

Not sure TFC needs a left back/left midfielder. WE NEED A VERY GOOD CENTRE BACK. In addition, we have very little cap space to work with. Unless TFC release Julian De Guzman.

It also mentions TFC's interest in Murcia left back Oscar Sanchez. WINTER OR MARINER: WE NEED CENTRE BACKS NOT LEFT BACKS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Óscar_Sánchez_Fuentes

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by moralis; 04-05-2012 at 02:58 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offer JDG to anyone for free transfer. pick up a good CB or two with resulting cap relief. sounds like a plan to me!

-Eduardo Galeano