Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you're pulling a central midfielder back deeper. I think it's worth a shot tbh. He's the only player we have with enough creativity to do something on the ball. I really hope the rumours arent' true and he's headed back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I believe they joint own him. Wonder how that works?
    If its anything like an Italian Co-Own, then at the end of season both teams make a 'secret' bid. The numbers are turned over and whichever team wrote down the highest amount pays the losing team that amount and gets full ownership.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    If its anything like an Italian Co-Own, then at the end of season both teams make a 'secret' bid. The numbers are turned over and whichever team wrote down the highest amount pays the losing team that amount and gets full ownership.
    The South American version works differently. Two teams, or a team and a group of investors can co-own a player for years, even their career.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TFC website report on the reserve game has Alberto Giuliatto, of a couple pages back, turning out for the team, along with a host of guest players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nesta says he's very interested in playing MLS, but no team made an offer

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/tr...to-play-in-mls

I know TFC's hands are tied with cap and DP slots, but eh.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    The TFC website report on the reserve game has Alberto Giuliatto, of a couple pages back, turning out for the team, along with a host of guest players.
    I would like to see us pick him up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    I would like to see us pick him up.

Why?

Here is what another poster said after the resver match:

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Yeahhhh....don't let his pedigree fool you, Ashtone Morgan is a better LB from what I saw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Why?

Here is what another poster said after the resver match:

Because #1 He can play all positions on the left, something morgan cant do.(not to directly compare them)
    #2 He comes from the most tactical league in football, that also uses our current system the diamond(which he is probably familiar with)
    #3 has experience in a top league and is still at an age to contribute.

and his Salary is peanuts, we cant really lose.

I think in our league in our new system would make a better LM(which others sources say is his main position) than LB.

I dont know what caused that poster to make that comment, but sometimes soccer people tend to see things in black and white(no vision).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I believe he was the only trialist there + 4 acedemy kids (that's the game write up on the tfc website says)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserve line up from last night

Toronto -
    Quillan Roberts;
    Aaron Maund (**Roberto Galle 61'),
    Dicoy Williams,
    Logan Emory (**Nikola Paunic 45'),
    ***Alberto Giuliatto;
    Efrain Burgos Jr. (**Ryan James 73'),
    Oscar Cordon, Matt Stinson,
    Luis Silva (**Sergio Camargo 56');
    Reggie Lambe,
    Keith Makubuya

* Guest player
    ** Academy Player
    *** Trialist

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in your opinion is really the difference between a trialist and guest player? Both are not under contract and getting a look with the team.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    What in your opinion is really the difference between a trialist and guest player? Both are not under contract and getting a look with the team.
    Rohan ricketts falls into "guest player" earlier this year to keep fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple things quick things.
    1. When is Torsten Frings able to depart from the club on his own terms? When does his contract expire?
    2. What does everybody think about Nesta and Shevchenko rumoured to MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Agreed about Frings. He has been a shadow of the player that he was last year, and he has been out of shape all season. A very disappointing return on a DP investment.

On the other hand, Koevermans has been worth every penny.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    ^^ Agreed about Frings. He has been a shadow of the player that he was last year, and he has been out of shape all season. A very disappointing return on a DP investment.

Maybe he is shadow that he was last year,but last game we fooking fallen apart when he was substituted in 67 minute,5 min.later was 2-1 and we all know how that game finished.

Frings is a player and on field coach right now,who since Winter is gone has to work even harder to fill up the holes that Dunfield is creating with his running around like headless chicken,having a Dunfield to play with must be very frustrating and now that he has to play this hoofball too I would not be surpised if Frings is gone before season ends.

I'm sure Werder Bremen U12 academy has more skill and talent than our whole roster,so who would not like to work with them instead getting embarrassed at the end of his carrier with jumping monkey on the sideline and headless chicken as your team mate.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post

I wasn't trying to suggest that Frings has been poor/that I dislike Frings by asking about his contract. I was just curious, though last game I made the observation that he's lost much of his game that he had as a young man, but what senior player doesn't? He's still got his passing ability, and most of his defensive skills minus his speed? hustle? pace? Don't know the word i'm looking for.

I was just thinking, we all knew when Frings came in that he was a short term patch, and that we would need to fill something in there when he's gone. Also if he's gone at the end of the season (contract wise) we'll have two designated player slots to fill wont we? 600,000 capspace, or two designated player spots.

I don't see Frings renewing, even if we were the best team in the league. His goal was very much to head back to Germany and coach wasn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default please trade for nana attakora!

it is absolutely silly to think that we once had nana and how well our team did when he was in the starting II. we are currently looking for a good cb and we could get him on the cheap. this guy is very familiar (working with both doneil, cann and morgan) and is not making a large salary. lets drop all of the "old" thoughts about him and his contract and what winter thought (winter isn't even here anymore). with this one simple move we could make our backline that much better.

this guy is a canadian, hard worker, fast and marks well. the only knock may be his distribution of the ball but henry isn't any better. if they can make the simple passes out eckersley or morgan, that would take care of it completely.

time to give your head a shake tfc! get this guy back in red!

NANA FOR CB!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You realize that he is out of contract, right?

He's so good that no team in the league wants him for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would he want to play here again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post

I believe SJ owns his rights in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ginkster88 View Post

Are his rights not still owned by the Earthquakes?

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I always thought he was useful and saw an upside to him.

I was a bit disappointed when Winter moved him... unless it was Mariner pulling the strings - you can't be too sure of anything these days, eh ? Eh ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hodgkiss View Post
    time to give your head a shake tfc! get this guy back in red!
    NANA FOR CB!
    ask SJ fans what they think about him. his run of form at the beginning of last season wasn't exclusive to TFC, he was pretty shite all around. he looked like he had potential, but then something happened around the same time he started having "personal problems", im too lazy to track back to BS about the number of goals he gave up, all i know is that 2 of them were from short passes he literally threw at the attacking team that lead to two GWGs.

instead i'll focus on what their fans have said about him:

Don't we still have rights to Attakora? I guess even TFC doesn't want him...
    Hopefully we could get allocation money for the rights to Attakora
    And he's a complete waste of a roster spot and always has been.
    I honestly thought Attakora was gone already, which would be a good thing. He's not an upgrade to our back line and I was hardly impressed with him when he played for us last year.
    http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/t...n-jose.1919183

personally, it sucks to see a potential first teamer and international-youngster go out with a whimper, but really.. he doesn't seem to be doing himself any favours onfield AND off it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure - even if he is out of contract and san jose own his rights, then send a draft pick there way and get nana back.
    what do we have to lose? i'm sure they could work out a contact for half of a season.

and if it worked out then resign him next year. could provide immediate impact. he is better than aceval and harden.
    and what are they worth riding the bench???

the guy was making like 40k a year! thats horrible for a guy his calibre.
    he should be around the 100k range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They may think of him as shit, but from what I've seen most recently in the U23 and what I've seen in the past... he's still an upgrade over every defender we have on our books. However, that doesn't really solve any of our problems but it would add some depth.

I'd still take him back and make him our #2 guy next to whoever the dominant defender is expected to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They may think of him as shit, but from what I've seen most recently in the U23 and what I've seen in the past.

you are correct. he looked quite good. steady. composed on the ball. played for the team. he looked good against armenia with our men's squad too.
    that's what i don't understand... how can the national coach see the ability and yet tfc does not?

i think every player is allowed a few games off. is it because he was so consistent for so long that having a couple of bad games really stood out?

ty harden has been given game after game and has been terrible at best. same with aceval. one great free kick doesn't make him a good defender.
    he has been garbage and should never see the pitch again.

getting attakora here is a very small investment that could pay off big time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hodgkiss View Post
    sure - even if he is out of contract and san jose own his rights, then send a draft pick there way and get nana back.
    what do we have to lose? i'm sure they could work out a contact for half of a season.
    Oh I don't know, a draft pick?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Oh I don't know, a draft pick?
    Very few draft picks turn into useful players.

At this stage TFC should be exploring all available options to improve their defense. If the cost is a draft pick to bring in a 23 year old CB who can help us now then that seems like a reasonable price to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say very few, that's an exaggeration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would we bring in another back-up? We've got a roster full of them. What we need is a stud. A general.

It might almost be worth moving Frings permentently to the back 4 due to his decreased mobility.