Page 17 of 89 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    There is NO player like that in this league, They are extremely rare and very valuable. The LAST thing we need is more midfield help, our midfield is fine, we need another scorer and a centre half. Once those are figured out, then we can look for some midfield depth.
    No of course there aren't many of that type of player. We do get out-muscled a lot in the midfield though - at least some size and speed would be good. Also don't think it's the immediate priority, I agree with your priorities. But JDG is likely gone next year, so we do have to be thinking now about what our midfield will look like if we're going to progress at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    No of course there aren't many of that type of player. We do get out-muscled a lot in the midfield though - at least some size and speed would be good. Also don't think it's the immediate priority, I agree with your priorities. But JDG is likely gone next year, so we do have to be thinking now about what our midfield will look like if we're going to progress at all.
    Absolutely, once JDG's contract is up, i'm all for replacing him with a bigger, stronger mid. I LOVE players' like Toure, Rolfe's or Sven Bender, big, strong guys who control the middle of the pitch, don't get pushed off the ball and have decent ball movement skills. If we could get someone who is half of that, or a third, i'd take it, especially when paired with Frings who could move into more of a box-to-box role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone paying attention to what is going on in MTL?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Is anyone paying attention to what is going on in MTL?
    in this thread

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...s-thread/page2
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    My neighbour knows people who are always in the know with TFC but he never tells me his sources. He has almost never been wrong. I told him the other day "what do you think about Boa Morte on trial?" He replies "they have 3 guys on trial right now not just Boa Morte. They will sign a couple guys in the break after the Philly game." Just speculation as always until confirmed but like I said he is usually right. Anything can fall through between now and then though. I wonder who the other guys are. I guess they would be named in this thread if anyone knew.

I was just watching the TFC preview show on Goal tv and they were showing clips from training today and I saw lots of new squad numbers. They could be trialist or academy members. Here is what I saw:

35 - looked like Boa Morte. Was doing a drill and didn't look overly good.
    36 - only saw him walk past the camera qucikly
    37 - this is Lindsay's number. Not sure if he is back training with the team or if it was someone else. You can see his face when he walks past the camera but I don't know if it was him for sure
    38 - you only see the back of his shirt

Was anyone here at training today who can give more insight?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

36 and 38 are Academy kids, practicing with the first team for their upcoming reserve match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know if 37 was Lindsay?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Sportsnet Boa Morte will be playing in the reserve match on Saturday vs. the Union. Kickoff is at 7:15 at BMO Field.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    My neighbour knows people who are always in the know with TFC but he never tells me his sources. He has almost never been wrong. I told him the other day "what do you think about Boa Morte on trial?" He replies "they have 3 guys on trial right now not just Boa Morte. They will sign a couple guys in the break after the Philly game." Just speculation as always until confirmed but like I said he is usually right. Anything can fall through between now and then though. I wonder who the other guys are. I guess they would be named in this thread if anyone knew.
    I'd like to know too. I know in the past they've given some CSLers a long hard look. I'm surprised there's no informed spec. on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know who's on trial other than Boa Morte or who they may be looking at over the 2 week break/window? also is Boa a # 10? and do they have any potential big strapping technical CB's in mind or on trial??

a mid-field of Frings , JDG and a strong AM with a tall, tough, technical ball at the feet CB to me would make a huge difference in this team.

also can they immediately dump Aceval's contract if they feel he's not able? not saying he isn't, just wondering their options.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ In my opinion we still need Aceval unless they pick up someone better in that position because we need backfill if Cann or Henry get any injuries as well as international duty possibly for Henry as well at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Williams is back from injury I bet they'll release Acavel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Well considering Aceval seems to be MIA (wasn't in the pic for the Can cup game) my money is it's already in the works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would not shocked if he is gone already,but we all know how slow TFC are releasing news..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have consistently said that Aceval is injured, hamstring, since the last time he played. It's been in most pre-game interviews, and also the pre-game rosters I think. I do believe he was really injured, but who knows if that's still the case. Could be saving him up for a trade/sale. Can he be released outright since he hasn't been in MLS a long time? Maybe someone in Chile will want him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it interesting that emery and maund didnt play for the REV on saturday night..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    it interesting that emery and maund didnt play for the REV on saturday night..
    INJURY REPORT:

• TORONTO FC - OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); DF Aaron Maund (R eye hyphema); DF Logan Emory (shoulder subluxation); DOUBTFUL: DF Miguel Aceval (L quadriceps strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Torsten Frings (shoulder sprain)
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    INJURY REPORT:

• TORONTO FC - OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); DF Aaron Maund (R eye hyphema); DF Logan Emory (shoulder subluxation); DOUBTFUL: DF Miguel Aceval (L quadriceps strain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Torsten Frings (shoulder sprain)
    Maund's injury sounds quite serious. Bleeding in the eye can lead to all sorts of complications.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    does anyone know who's on trial other than Boa Morte or who they may be looking at over the 2 week break/window? also is Boa a # 10? and do they have any potential big strapping technical CB's in mind or on trial??

a mid-field of Frings , JDG and a strong AM with a tall, tough, technical ball at the feet CB to me would make a huge difference in this team.

also can they immediately dump Aceval's contract if they feel he's not able? not saying he isn't, just wondering their options.
    There were no other trialist in the reserve match on Saturday.

Williams played most of the match and looked good. I don't think he would be too far away for first team action. There was also an academy kid who played part of the second half at CB but he wasn't really tested at all by philly. So it's hard to say how good he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footie injuries are always interesting to read. Certainly more so than hearing "he's got a lower/upper body"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reserve lineup according to torontofc.ca

LineupsToronto - Quillan Roberts; Richard Eckersley (Oscar Cordon 45’), Ty Harden, Dicoy Williams (Chris Manella 72’), Tyler Pasher; Terry Dunfield, Matt Stinson, Luis Boa Morte (Mario Orestano 73’); Nick Soolsma (Keith Makubuya 45’), Danny Koevermans (Jordan Hamilton 45’), Efrain Burgos Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you watch this game on tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Well considering Aceval seems to be MIA (wasn't in the pic for the Can cup game) my money is it's already in the works.
    he was standing in (front of) the tunnel watching most of the first half of the reserves games from what I could see

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    There were no other trialist in the reserve match on Saturday.

Williams played most of the match and looked good. I don't think he would be too far away for first team action. There was also an academy kid who played part of the second half at CB but he wasn't really tested at all by philly. So it's hard to say how good he is.
    that was chris mantella, the academy team captain

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Decoy didn't look all that comfortable in the reserve match , sort of uncoordinated ala Cann at his worst.....and when he first came up he was prone to sending uncontrolled long passes to nowhere,...actually #38 Tylar Pacher as small as he is was most aware of his roles when watching him.....btw Burgos jr....played a great mid...scoring to accurate well placed goals....why do we never see him?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant expect too much out of williams on his first match in a yr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    btw Burgos jr....played a great mid...scoring to accurate well placed goals....why do we never see him?
    I've been asking that question for a long time now. He played well in the pre-season, then he played well in the second half of the Columbus game, and then played the full reserve game. Then BdK says that he's liked what he's done in practice. But he still hasn't started a game and has played insignificant minutes in only three. It's puzzling to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Decoy didn't look all that comfortable in the reserve match , sort of uncoordinated ala Cann at his worst.....and when he first came up he was prone to sending uncontrolled long passes to nowhere,...actually #38 Tylar Pacher as small as he is was most aware of his roles when watching him.....btw Burgos jr....played a great mid...scoring to accurate well placed goals....why do we never see him?
    I thought the same about Dicoy Williams in the games he did play in last season before his injury. He played alot like Emmanuel Gomez which was slow to recognize and react to the attacking players. He sat back alot and was very ackward in his stride as well with his technique in tackling and passing. He's tall and could probably put on some muscle in the future, but I dont think he will be an answer to our current defensive woes. Meaning, it would be a long shot for him to replace Aceval, but maybe Ty Harden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I am surprised TFC has kept Williams. He's one of TFC players that I want to be released from team.

I don't see why supporters value him so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Williams in the reserve match. I didn't even know it was him until he was subbed out. Just looked like a competent central defender. Yeah I know that is not really high praise but when it is said about a TFC defender then it is pretty good. And it was only 60 minutes after a year off. He could be complete shit or a serviceable player. It will take more than what we saw on Saturday to make an informed decision.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was Boa Morte in the reserve match? I am assuming maybe just blended in with everyone else since nobody has really commented. He is supposed to be impressing in the trial which should mean stand out amongst the reserves IMO.