Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2645
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd3TFC View Post
    This really fucking pissed me off, Dero getting shipped out I can understand to much BS, but wtf did Sools do?, he MUST have a contract lined up or trial with a tier 1 Dutch team that seen how good he was or something, or mariner/analselmeebebebebebe pushed him out .... I'm not jumping to conclusions

Simply put this is a terrible move leaves me gutted
    Another in a long, long series of examples of poor player management. I suspect Soolsma had a loophole in his contract that allowed him to tell Cochrane and Mariner to fold it five ways and put it where the moon don't shine. Then Cochrane turns around and spins blather about "mutual consent".

No matter if he was forced to walk the plank, or he jumped - either way, a big loss for the team - I hate to lose players who have touch on the ball - it is already in short supply on this team. It always comes in threes... Plata, Soolsma and ________. (it has to be someone with touch/quality but not a DP...) I vote for RJ... by "mutual consent" of course... On a related note - my assessment of Mariner has dropped to zero - I was going to give him a couple of more months, but no need - he is obviously a prancing bonehead.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need skilled players for 4-4-2 hoofball.

Anyone even thinking that the Mariner TFC has any glimmer of hope against Santos?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why can't the Soolsma news have it's own thread for at least a day or two before being buried in the TFC player movement thread ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Best of luck Nick. You deserve better.
    My exact sentiment as well..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You don't need skilled players for 4-4-2 hoofball.

Anyone even thinking that the Mariner TFC has any glimmer of hope against Santos?
    I don't care about hoofball, short passing, whatever...give me a game like tonight any day. You don't need technical skills or fantastic passing to have a great game of football! There were SO many bad passes all game Vs Vancouver , but that didn't make it a bad game, or less exciting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Oh. Fuck me. Fuckin' shit fuck shit.

Fuck.

:|
    Before we all bust things and throw things out the window, we need to know/think about a few things about Soolsma: For starters, did the events in Dallas have anything to do with this? Is Aceval going to be leaving shortly too? Was there anything else going on (other than football reasons( why Soolsma would be shipping out ASAP? We can't "assume" everything about this right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc dont deserve players who likes to play for a crappy team as Toronto,iam self dutch and know how the fucking Marinier played with Nick, i hope that my friend Danny also leave. Shame shame shame as the amateurs from Toronto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    Tfc dont deserve players who likes to play for a crappy team as Toronto,iam self dutch and know how the fucking Marinier played with Nick, i hope that my friend Danny also leave. Shame shame shame as the amateurs from Toronto.
    Sure you're not a bitter Whitecaps fan on here in disguise?!

Anybody who wishes Danny to leave has to be slightly insane, really!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    International, salary, we need a CB
    Sad to see him go, but if it results in a CB i'm ok with it
    Definitely agree to that. Soolsma was a fairly good player. But we are stacked with midfielders right now, and we are desperate for some experience in defense. I'm assuming the cap/international spots are being worked for defensive signings in the near future. Otherwise, this wouldn't make much sense.

I'll put money on Aceval being the next to go, probably very shortly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Why can't the Soolsma news have it's own thread for at least a day or two before being buried in the TFC player movement thread ?
    Agreed. Just like Plata deserves his own thread too.

This catch-all thread is a joke.

I wish there was an individual thread for each player/major move.

News just gets buried in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Definitely agree to that. Soolsma was a fairly good player. But we are stacked with midfielders right now, and we are desperate for some experience in defense. I'm assuming the cap/international spots are being worked for defensive signings in the near future. Otherwise, this wouldn't make much sense.

I'll put money on Aceval being the next to go, probably very shortly.
    Soolsma is a wide player, in which now with him and Plata gone, who do we have in that position? Lambe and.... well that all now (we kept the worst out of the 3). I gotta say as well, its pretty funny always hearing people say we need a cb. if there is a position that we are stacked with it's cb. Before bringing in a cb get rid of the ones we have now. Look at how many players we have playing for just 2 positions: Aceval, Emory, Henry, Cann, Harden. Maund, Williams, and u can even counts ecks). that's 7-8 players fighting for 2 spots. thats way to many, and a lot of salary cap being eaten away to players that will hardly feature. Instead of releasing Soolsma(one of our best players) y not release some cb's to create salary space and international spots. Seriously will Aceval ever play again? let him go he's garbage anyways, Maund will never be a mls level player, Harden should go as well etc. Don't understand y we got rid of one of the few good players on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    Soolsma is a wide player, in which now with him and Plata gone, who do we have in that position? Lambe and.... well that all now (we kept the worst out of the 3). I gotta say as well, its pretty funny always hearing people say we need a cb. if there is a position that we are stacked with it's cb. Before bringing in a cb get rid of the ones we have now. Look at how many players we have playing for just 2 positions: Aceval, Emory, Henry, Cann, Harden. Maund, Williams, and u can even counts ecks). that's 7-8 players fighting for 2 spots. thats way to many, and a lot of salary cap being eaten away to players that will hardly feature. Instead of releasing Soolsma(one of our best players) y not release some cb's to create salary space and international spots. Seriously will Aceval ever play again? let him go he's garbage anyways, Maund will never be a mls level player, Harden should go as well etc. Don't understand y we got rid of one of the few good players on the team.
    Pretty much sums up reality. Excellent post!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2008 View Post
    This is the only post by tfc2008 I have ever understood or agreed with. Lets just do Danny a huge favour and let him leave with his head held high - no player worth his salt deserves to be associated with this amateur circus. Wait... I have an idea - lets have him retire, and we can make him a coach...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure you're not a bitter Whitecaps fan on here in disguise?!

Anybody who wishes Danny to leave has to be slightly insane, really!
    Uh no... Anybody who wishes Danny to leave is being kind and humane. Since you brought it up... I respectfully suggest that you are the one who is insane, not me - have you looked at all of your posts lately, that have no bearing on reality???

Who, uncontested by anyone, named this team "the worst team in the world"? You or Danny??? Who has a better grip on reality YOU OR DANNY???? Please don't try to Hornswoggle us - Danny K is the one with a grip on reality - not you.
    Last edited by tiberius; 07-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to get interesting soon, must be a couple coming in. Some wingers? A defender? Anyone heard anything? .... Bueller?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for Soolsma. Hopefully he's raised his profile enough to get a look from some second division teams in Europe, I'd be crushed if he ends up at the Impact.

So it looks like salary dumping is in season. You have to think Acavel's days are numbered. Same goes for at least one of either either Ty Harden, Logan Emory or Aaron Maund. This shit is so funny when you contrast it with that minor tweeks bullshit we were fed a month ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before we all bust things and throw things out the window, we need to know/think about a few things about Soolsma: For starters, did the events in Dallas have anything to do with this? Is Aceval going to be leaving shortly too? Was there anything else going on (other than football reasons( why Soolsma would be shipping out ASAP? We can't "assume" everything about this right now.
    I am not sure we need to know/think about any of this smoke you are blowing. Soolsma had touch, some good moves and soccer intelligence - it appears you would be happy instead with a roster of 30 Ty Hardens - you are welcome to your opinion, but don't expect expect us all to get distracted by you changing the channel to Aceval or Dallas. By the way - what happened in Dallas I must of missed that one? Did Frings, Koevs and B. Guzman get arrested and Ty Harden bailed them out?? Or are you talking about the Kennedy assassination? Just wondering...
    Last edited by tiberius; 07-12-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    International, salary, we need a CB
    Sad to see him go, but if it results in a CB i'm ok with it
    hmm, yes lets get rid of a winger to bring in a player for a position where we're the most stacked. In fact lets just keep dumping outfielders for CBs until we finally have a good CB pairing. Of course by then all the other players on the squad will be defenders, but that means that there'll be enough depth there to trade our top CBs for some attackers!
    and the cycle continues

BTW if we're going to do predictions: Avila will be the next one out, and Cordon, Stinson and Makabuya wont be resigned if their contracts end this year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Ty Harden, he is injured. Under MLS rules, you can't release an injured player. (Probably explains why we kept Bouchiba around so long).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    Agreed. Just like Plata deserves his own thread too.

This catch-all thread is a joke.

I wish there was an individual thread for each player/major move.

News just gets buried in this thread.
    I echo that, I don' think this board gets enough activity to be mashing it all into this one thread.

I would agree that it would make more sense to have an individual thread, then merge it into here after a few days or just leave it alone. There's rarely more than 4-5 active threads on a daily basis in here, seems silly and counterproductive to encouraging discussion.

Anyways, this release truly sucks balls. I don't think the Houston event has to do with it cause Silva remains. I would wager Silva was a desired draft choice of Mariner and that Aceval and (definitely) Soolsma were Winter pick ups. It's pretty obvious that all Winter pick ups are getting removed and anyone that Mariner wanted are getting all the minutes in the world. Emory got schooled last Sat and wasn't all that great last night, but will start till the cows come home I'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Best of luck Nick. You deserve butter.
    fixed

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What I know about Soolsma is when he's on the pitch there's some positivity on the ball. Decent skill and better than average service. That sounds like the kind of player you'd rather have around than not.

Being that this news is close on the heels of the realization that Plata is also gone (for now), seemingly because he doesn't fit into Mariner's plans, we are given a glimpse of the Master Plan.

I think it's missing a few pages.

Winter was taking us forward. I fear Mariner is backing us up in the manner of one who believes that we missed a turn somewhere.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed watching Soolsma play and felt he should have played a great deal more. I am not understanding this move but wish him the best. Hopefully, he plays in Europe because if he stays in the MLS he will come back to haunt us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very mad that Soolsma is gone. I don't know why Mariner doesn't rate Soolsma (does he not watch game tapes?) or whether Soolsma and Mariner don't get a long, but I think losing Soolsma is a big loss for TFC, regardless of who Mariner signs with Soolsma's cap space
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I am very mad that Soolsma is gone. I don't know why Mariner doesn't rate Soolsma (does he not watch game tapes?) or whether Soolsma and Mariner don't get a long, but I think losing Soolsma is a big loss for TFC, regardless of who Mariner signs with Soolsma's cap space
    Totally agree. And contrary to what T-Boy said higher up, we don't have a lot of wide midfielders. Soolsma was really the only one. Avila and Silva look lost on the wing, Lambe is ok but not great, JDG is far more effective in the centre. This is a bad move. Apparently having a bit of skill on the ball gets you booted off this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    No cap space gets freed up because the release is after July 1st. Mariner will have to sign a Bermuda semi-pro at minimum wage to replace him.

If a player on a semi-guaranteed contract is waived after July 1, his salary budget charge will count against the team’s salary budget

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    No cap space gets freed up because the release is after July 1st. Mariner will have to sign a Bermuda semi-pro at minimum wage to replace him.

If a player on a semi-guaranteed contract is waived after July 1, his salary budget charge will count against the team’s salary budget
    I wonder if being waived and mutual termination has different effect on the cap space
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

I would not be surprised that Mariner and Cockrane don't know this,same as they did not know that 500K paid for Plata will count against the cap.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM is MO the sequel...

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't think so, the mechanism is still the waiver.

Thinking further about the cap space issue, Aceval might be on a semi-guaranteed contract and therefore would still have a cap hit. Still in a league with undisclosed magic allocation money, worrying about the cap is somewhat ridiculous