Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2...an-forward-edu

Colorado signs former Celta and Real Betis striker Edu, 33.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...rtland-timbers

Portland signs 26 yr old former Rangers leftback Steven Smith
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal supposedly reached a deal with 35yr old former Italian international striker Marco Di Vaio

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...1-Affare-fatto!

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...more.html#more

Nesta and Zambrotta now linked to NYRB

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Montreal supposedly reached a deal with 35yr old former Italian international striker Marco Di Vaio

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...1-Affare-fatto!
    now reported 2 yr deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/photo...etty-143954014

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AC Milan Defender Nesta pondering move to MLS

"You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Anybody translate Hungarian... My buddy @ work told me about this... It says Mikeal Ballack to TFC.... http://www.nemzetisport.hu/nemet_lab...ontoba-2129573

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Philadelphia Union is trading their captain and centre back Danny Califf to possibly Chivas USA: TFC could use him to partner Adrian Cann, but I don't they have what Chivas can offer: Seems like allocation and picks going to Philadelphia. Unfortunately, TFC don't have allocation money to offer the Union.

http://twitter.com/#!/brotherlygame/...60405029269506

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Looks like Philadelphia Union is trading their captain and centre back Danny Califf to possibly Chivas USA: TFC could use him to partner Adrian Cann, but I don't they have what Chivas can offer: Seems like allocation and picks going to Philadelphia. Unfortunately, TFC don't have allocation money to offer the Union.

http://twitter.com/#!/brotherlygame/status/201760405029269506
    Califf is another Cann, with little more organizational ability and leadership. I'd pass

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Califf is another Cann, with little more organizational ability and leadership. I'd pass
    Ummm... yeah. Not sure if you're trying too hard to have a different opinion or if you're just ass backwards wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Ummm... yeah. Not sure if you're trying too hard to have a different opinion or if you're just ass backwards wrong.
    Danny Califf is a physical and aggressive CB with decent aerial ability and marking and positioning. As captain of Philly Union, he's got some leadership quality and ability to organize the back line.

He's starting to be prone to brain farts, and at 32, slowing down a lot, so has trouble with pacy defenders. He's also got a little bit of reputation as a little too aggressive and red mist waiting to happen. Also, he made 250k last year, so TFC will have cap room issues.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal has former Tottenham and Hamburg left back Timothée Atouba (30) on trial. He has 42 caps for Cameroon

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...ny-califf.html

Philly trades Califf to Chivas USA

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath Pearce traded from Chivas USA for Rafa Marquez.
    Danny Califf also headed to Chivas.

Chivas USA back line now includes James Riley, Rafa Marquez, Danny Califf, Ante Jazic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Heath Pearce traded from Chivas USA for Rafa Marquez.
    Pearce to RBNY but not for Marquez, per Ives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Califf to Chivas for Lahoud + allocation cash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pearce to NYRB for Agudelo it seems.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Pearce to NYRB for Agudelo it seems.
    Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
    Hearing NY trades Agudelo, gets Pearce, big allocation, portion of Agudelo sign-on fee, plus Chivas covers part of salary number this year.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan Agudelo.

Rafa Marquez didnt show up to training so I assumed it was him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSN is reported the Del Piero is going to LA.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...ro-is-LA-bound

If this happens, I would love to see MLS explain this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    CSN is reported the Del Piero is going to LA.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?3235-Invasione!-Del-Piero-is-LA-bound

If this happens, I would love to see MLS explain this one.
    Honestly, if they fish this for LA after ALL the times they've refused to fish things for us.... I don't know about this whole MLS expirament. I just... I dunno.

That said, if he came here I'd be FURIOUS. 2-3 years ago it'd have been awesome for Del Piero to come. I don't think he has much left to give at this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    That said, if he came here I'd be FURIOUS. 2-3 years ago it'd have been awesome for Del Piero to come. I don't think he has much left to give at this point
    Have you watched him play this year? I'd say he still has a lot to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seen View Post
    From the article:

He will join the Impact on June 16, and will be available once the transfer window opens on June 27. The club will work to make him available for his first game that day versus Toronto FC.
    Maybe I'm just snake-bitten from losing to expansion teams in the season openers and having Lunjberg score against us, but I get an ominous feeling about any kind of debut in a game against us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are welcome to him....he's 36 years old in a few months....No thanks.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    They are welcome to him....he's 36 years old in a few months....No thanks.....
    I'd rather have a 35 year old whose a starter in Serie A than some American/Canadian 28 year old whose claim to fame is that he played NCAA ball before joining the MLS. This league is full of physical players. If we don't improve the technical ability and tactical smarts of the MLS overall, it will always been seen a being a small step above League One in England.

I'd take Di Vaio over Johnson in a second. I realize most Toronto supporters don't watch anything but the EPL, (YA they scream lets sign Robbie Cocaine Fowler!"-- what's Italy? ) but imagine Danny Murphy Captain of Fulham age 35 signing with us to replace JDG. We'd have a fucking parade down Queen Street.

BTW how old is Frings again? He's way to old to be playing MLS...lol

There is more to soccer than the EPL....
    Last edited by Toronto; 05-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    I'd rather have a 35 year old whose a starter in Serie A than some American/Canadian 28 year old whose claim to fame is that he played NCAA ball before joining the MLS. This league is full of physical players. If we don't improve the technical ability and tactical smarts of the MLS overall, it will always been seen a being a small step above League One in England.

I'd take Di Vaio over Johnson in a second. I realize most Toronto supporters don't watch anything but the EPL, (YA they scream lets sign Robbie Cocaine Fowler!"-- what's Italy? ) but imagine Danny Murphy Captain of Fulham age 35 signing with us to replace JDG. We'd have a fucking parade down Queen Street.

And did Frings come form the 'EPL'? What about Koevermans? I am pretty sure people here think there is more to soccer than the premiership. After all, don't we all support a mls side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post

Posts like these really piss me off.

You don't think TFC has a diverse group of supporters that watch and support a wide variety of soccer from all over the world?.... Really?

I would argue we have one of the most diverse groups of fans of any team. Certainly in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post

You don't think TFC has a diverse group of supporters that watch and support a wide variety of soccer from all over the world?.... Really?

I would argue we have one of the most diverse groups of fans of any team. Certainly in this league.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!

watch how you speak to the guy who watches the Italian league. Obviously he understands the fair play, non-corrupted and modern nuances of soccer better than we do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post

Well I would disagree with you totally. So be pissed off. And how would you know about how diverse every supporters group in the MLS is? You sound like Winters claiming at 0-10 that we're the best team in CONCACAF!