Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yikes ... not exactly a distinguished career there. If wikipedia is to be believed, he averages about one game a year for the past 7 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Digao played for a 3rd division team in portugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Penafiel 11 apperances he is a wash out!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marcus Hahnemann is off to the Sounders. That explains the trade for the allocation order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Digao played for a 3rd division team in portugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Penafiel 11 apperances he is a wash out!
    It looks like he's the guy you have to sign if you want in Kaka's good books.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

LOOKING FOR A WRITING COLLABORATOR!

hokay, so i had some spare time at work and summed up the point totals for TFC vs. our opponents answering 5 key questions:

1. what is our current point total?
    2. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the first 10 minutes?
    3. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the last 10 minutes?
    4. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the first 10 minutes but included our goals scored in the first 10 minutes?
    5. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the last 10 minutes but included our goals scored in the last 10 minutes?

everybody knows that we've either conceded incredibly late or incredibly early all season long, so this info is meant to be a breakdown of how the club would stack up if we overcame our biggest weakness.. what would happen if we could shut down our opposition for 20 minutes of a 90 minute match (note: it's pretty fuckin disgusting)?

i just wanna make sure it goes to a good home!
    PM me if you're interested.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    LOOKING FOR A WRITING COLLABORATOR!

hokay, so i had some spare time at work and summed up the point totals for TFC vs. our opponents answering 5 key questions:

1. what is our current point total?
    2. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the first 10 minutes?
    3. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the last 10 minutes?
    4. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the first 10 minutes but included our goals scored in the first 10 minutes?
    5. what would the table look for us if we canceled out all goals after the last 10 minutes but included our goals scored in the last 10 minutes?

everybody knows that we've either conceded incredibly late or incredibly early all season long, so this info is meant to be a breakdown of how the club would stack up if we overcame our biggest weakness.. what would happen if we could shut down our opposition for 20 minutes of a 90 minute match (note: it's pretty fuckin disgusting)?

i just wanna make sure it goes to a good home!
    PM me if you're interested.
    I'll do it.

Armenb@rednationonline.ca

Shoot me an email

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/10...with-mls-move/

Arshavin to MLS? I think he'd probably return to Russia but...?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former Wolfsburg striker Grafite, 33, interested in MLS. 59 goals in 107 appearances for Wolfsburg and has won Bundesliga.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-hopes-to-play

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Former Wolfsburg striker Grafite, 33, interested in MLS. 59 goals in 107 appearances for Wolfsburg and has won Bundesliga.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...-hopes-to-play

Bit older but incredible attacking presence, taught Dzeko everything he knows!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head coach Jesse Marsch leaves Montreal Impact

The Gazette

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Head+...#ixzz2BAteznH3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Caps release players

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-rennies-hand Etienne Barbara would be worth bringing into camp. Has speed, strength and skill, but spent most of last season injured, never really got a chance in Vancouver. (to anyone with site login, I'd do a database cleanup and cache dump before lockups start. Site's been flagging all day.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's on like 90k salary, but takes up an international spot though

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take a chance on Barbara if it was cheap enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is his fitness now? If he could be relied on, I'd say yes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal will have 4 players on trial for their match vs Fiorentina reserves

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/new...sday-afternoon

Midfielders Nicolas Cordova (Brescia), Henrique Cornelio Bem (SC Kriens) and Andrea Pisanu (Bologna), as well as forward Oussama Essabr (Crotone, on loan from Juventus) will join the Impact on trial.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/u-prosp...0224--mls.html

US U17 DM Mobi Fehr signs with MLS and will go through a lottery for allocation to a team

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England re-signs M Andy Dorman, 30 from Crystal Palace

http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/news...gn-andy-dorman

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/11/...r-players.html

NYRB cuts DM Teemu Tainio (32), RW/RB Jan Gunnar Solli (31), GK Bill Gaudette (31) and F Jose Angulo (24)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Tainio and Solli are solid players - TFC should take a look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Both Tainio and Solli are solid players - TFC should take a look
    Yeah, agreed. Good players. Gaudette as well, and Angulo had promise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Good players. Gaudette as well, and Angulo had promise.
    I think Solli is worth a look, but there was a big concern among NYRB supporters that Tainio is injury prone, and has lost a lot of step last year.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado announced 8 cuts on Friday, including 3 former TFC players:

Edú
    Joseph Nane
    Tyrone Marshall
    Luis Eduardo Zapata
    Scott Palguta
    Tyson Wahl
    Ian Joyce
    Conor Casey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this comes true, I might seriously start rooting for Montreal next year

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/soccer...02-101530.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If this comes true, I might seriously start rooting for Montreal next year

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/soccer...02-101530.html
    Wow, I'm suprised he is ONLY 34.

He would have been a team mate with Nesta when Lazio won the Scudetto.

Not sure how many years he has left in the tank. Did play 19 games for Inter last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.examiner.com/article/revo...n-kalifa-cisse

New England signs CB/DM Kalifa Cisse, 28. Former Bristol City and Reading player. Has handful of caps for Mali

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/un...with-dc-united

Dejan Jakovic signs new deal with DC United

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC United releases Montenegran international M Branko Boskovic, 32. He was originally a DP for DC, but signed a non DP contract in June. Had 1 goal and 7 assists this year, but asked to be released for 'family reasons'. Probably pissed not getting enough play time under Olsen.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ways-dc-united

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    If it worked for Rooney...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas DM Daniel Hernandez retires and joins the team as assistant coach

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...coaching-staff

-Eduardo Galeano