View Poll Results: Would you like to see more games played at Rogers Centre?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It's a good venue that can accomodate a lot more fans

72 29.39%
  • No - BMO Field is our home, and we should be playing all games there

57 23.27%
  • Maybe: We should try to use BMO Field as much as possible and Rogers Centre only as a last resort..

116 47.35%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't the Jays trying to get grass put in? Anyone know where that stands right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I had fun....BMO is home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is home. BUT clearly we can get 40,000+ for big games. I say use rogers for these games, but we need to expand BMO to 40,000.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only future games I'd like to see at the Rogers Centre would be the following:

1) MLS Cup Final (if we were ever to qualify)
    2) Another CCL quarter-final, semi-final or final match

All other matches should remain at BMO. For Goodness Sake though, give us a roof!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really hope not. I know momntreal have signed a deal with the big o for a few games every year, and I can see tfc wanting to do the home opener every year at skydome, kick off the season with a bacng kind of thing.

really really hope they don't though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, only if the supporter clubs have a lead capo to help unite chanting and we have a grass field. I'd love to have another 45,000 fans cheering on our boys in big matches..other then that rest of matches should be at BMO field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not directed at anyone, but I don't understand the logic of having it Rogers for "big" games. Is BMO our home or not? If you answered yes, then you should never think a game should be held at Roger's center. Manchester United wouldn't play a Champions League quarter-final at wembley, scale that down as small as you want to any team in the world, teams should play their games in their homes, imho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only for CONCACAF or TFC v Impact playoff game. I can't see getting that many casual fans on a consistent basis. On Wednesday night I though 'this will never happen again'.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post
    This is not directed at anyone, but I don't understand the logic of having it Rogers for "big" games. Is BMO our home or not? If you answered yes, then you should never think a game should be held at Roger's center. Manchester United wouldn't play a Champions League quarter-final at wembley, scale that down as small as you want to any team in the world, teams should play their games in their homes, imho.
    I don't know why not, save their fans from having to take the train to Manchester !

HEY-OH !
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ ahahahahah. Good one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

said maybe.

but they need to do something about that plastic crap.

if we did this for the quarter final guess how cool the semi will be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCBarrie View Post

Or home is Toronto. Rogers is in Toronto. Listen not that I do not prefer BMO, by a long shot. But the reality is that BMO is a small stadium, in a city that could see crowds for football matches over 30000 on a regular basis, and 40000 and over several times a year.

The use of Rogers has to be and will be an exeption but there is nothing wrong with it. Long term BMO needs to be expanded.

AND for the record, it is not that I was crazy about Rogers, it is just the best we got in light of the numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    said maybe.

FUCK YES.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I don't know why not, save their fans from having to take the train to Manchester !

HEY-OH !
    Zing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    FUCK YES.

it looked terrible from the stands. then I watched it on tv last night and it looked worse. can't have professional footballers on that shit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    said maybe.

What did we do?
    Banners and what else?

Except general noise there was nothing going on inside Rogers Center.You couldn't hear a section beside you what they were chanting let alone other side.

To have more ppl in stands,why?What's the use of 40+K when nothing is going on,streamers,fireworks, really?Is that what makes people want more games at Rogers Center?

I hope this was 1st and last game at Rogers this year,I have no problem to play 1/4 finals ONLY,rest should be BMO.

BMO is far more intimidating than Rogers Center will ever be.Stands are to far from pitch and pitch was 1st class CRAP,except 47K,there was nothing special comparing to BMO.

BMO IS HOME and ALL Games should be played there.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The banners were epically epic tho and the streamers weren't bad either. Those banners wouldn't even fit at BMO. For the chance to get 47k at a soccer game in this province, I think the Rogers Centre should be considered for the one-off big matches. Maybe once every two years.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those FRS radios are cheap...mike one of the capos, publish the channel and the sub-channel, and have all the other capos lead a section.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    What did we do?
    Banners and what else?

Except general noise there was nothing going on inside Rogers Center.You couldn't hear a section beside you what they were chanting let alone other side.

To have more ppl in stands,why?What's the use of 40+K when nothing is going on,streamers,fireworks, really?Is that what makes people want more games at Rogers Center?

I hope this was 1st and last game at Rogers this year,I have no problem to play 1/4 finals ONLY,rest should be BMO.

BMO is far more intimidating than Rogers Center will ever be.Stands are to far from pitch and pitch was 1st class CRAP,except 47K,there was nothing special comparing to BMO.

Banners and what else? as someone that worked on a couple of them I take great pride in what we did. doing something that size is very cool. we couldn't fit them in bmo so for a special game why not go big.
    Also, I think its a pretty cool gift to introduce somone to football. I brought 3 virgins to the game and it looks like at least two of them are getting interested and want to come back. it was fun, it was great to see that many people behind our team.
    before they annouced the location i was firmly against the dome. this game was a great experience IMO. I don't have a problem having big games like this at the dome if they fix the pitch.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 03-09-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Aren't the Jays trying to get grass put in? Anyone know where that stands right now?
    It's a pipe dream. Beaston said given the age of the dome and the cost of that sort of upgrade it'd be ridiculous to put in grass instead of just waiting for a new stadium (most last 30 years nowadays, so the clocks ticking down on the Dome)

My vote: I have no problem with every CCL qf match being at the dome. Season opener, after a long winter, against a bigger club usually. However that is IT (outside of CCL finals anyways). No MLS competition should ever be at the Dome. If we make the MLS finals and the high seed gets to pick venue and that's us, THEN I would consider it, but that's IT. So ya. MLS final, CCL final, or situation like wednesday. No other situation. However, expand BMO to 30k and put some roofs over the stands you say?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    What did we do?
    Banners and what else?

25 000 more people making for an intense spectacle is the reason. It's not complicated.

I'm baffled as to why people need to hear singing so much. The vibe in the Rogers Centre was awesome. Honestly, some of these posts read like "I wish everybody could have shut up so we could have provided them with some atmosphere".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't we now expect to be in or close to in the CONCALAFF Quarterfinals every year now?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    25 000 more people making for an intense spectacle is the reason. It's not complicated.

I'm baffled as to why people need to hear singing so much. The vibe in the Rogers Centre was awesome. Honestly, some of these posts read like "I wish everybody could have shut up so we could have provided them with some atmosphere".
    No Chris. It really is as simple people wishing they could be a part of something bigger. It sounds bigger with voices united. It's not for everyone but it's a lot of people here.

And I think you know by the stadium that we were not the majority. Just here.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    It's a pipe dream. Beaston said given the age of the dome and the cost of that sort of upgrade it'd be ridiculous to put in grass instead of just waiting for a new stadium (most last 30 years nowadays, so the clocks ticking down on the Dome)

My vote: I have no problem with every CCL qf match being at the dome. Season opener, after a long winter, against a bigger club usually. However that is IT (outside of CCL finals anyways). No MLS competition should ever be at the Dome. If we make the MLS finals and the high seed gets to pick venue and that's us, THEN I would consider it, but that's IT. So ya. MLS final, CCL final, or situation like wednesday. No other situation. However, expand BMO to 30k and put some roofs over the stands you say?

Yeah. Beeston backtracked mightily after his initial quote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Stone View Post
    Can't we now expect to be in or close to in the CONCALAFF Quarterfinals every year now?
    Not really. The shitecaps and limpact are improving clubs that will give us a very strong go at just getting the NCC won every year going forward in the foreseeable future.

With the new 24 team format it's going to be tougher to get out of the group stage since it needs to be won. Yeah there's only 3 teams in the group, but if we get locked in with Seattle/LA/Top Mexican side....that's tough going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For once I agree with Cathal Kelly, Wednesday night was an "occasion". I'll never forget it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO WAY. Tell those extra 20 or so thousand we play meaningful group stage games as well - AT BMO FIELD. Try showing up for those, not just a big "showcase event".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Or home is Toronto. Rogers is in Toronto. Listen not that I do not prefer BMO, by a long shot. But the reality is that BMO is a small stadium, in a city that could see crowds for football matches over 30000 on a regular basis, and 40000 and over several times a year.

The use of Rogers has to be and will be an exeption but there is nothing wrong with it. Long term BMO needs to be expanded.

AND for the record, it is not that I was crazy about Rogers, it is just the best we got in light of the numbers.
    i think you guys over sale TFC sometimes. exspand BMO field to 40,000 is not needed nor is it even a good idea. You make BMO field to 40,000 capacity means you are stuck with that for possibly decades, you exspect to get 40,000+ for every single TFC game, including Canada Championship and Concacaf matches?? We were only getting 10,000 fans for some Concacaf matches prior to the LA game, we also were getting 17, 18, 19 thousand for some League games this year. Ya we could sell out some games at a 40,000 BMO field but it will look like complete shit when you only have 10,000-20,000 for other games. An exspansion to BMO field that size just isn't needed at this point. If anything was to change about BMO id say just add some roofs, inclose the corners, maybe make the south end and North end a bit bigger, maybe add some more box offices above the east stand and renovate to improve the interior work of the stadium. THey could probably do all that by making the stadium 25-27,000 capacity and i don't think it would be a good idea to go any bigger then that at this time or in the next 10 years.
    Last edited by james; 03-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

expand BMO. it prolly costs too much to rent rogers centre and its near impossible to book dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally gut BMO and build a real stadium. Toronto FC supporters deserve it. 25000 seats. Cozy, with a roof all the way around the seats.

BMO is just pretty much portable stands. It was probably built as a temporary measure.

After that we dont need Rogers Centre.