Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stevanovic being watched by Manchester United

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for him,to bad he could not delivered for us here in MLS .
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes in typical black cloud TFC fashion he sucked for us yet excels upon his return to the Serie A. I bet his time here scared the shit out of him and he got his act together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Yes in typical black cloud TFC fashion he sucked for us yet excels upon his return to the Serie A. I bet his time here scared the shit out of him and he got his act together.
    to be honest he never sucked at all, it was our team mates at that time like borman, gargan, santos, etc that made him look bad. He could actually control the ball good like deguz and he was only 20 years old

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post

He sucked not only because TFC, he sucked because MLS sucks comparing to Seria A,B,C and so on.
    Defenders in MLS are reckless butchers comparing any league in Europe,skilled player like him can't survive here,and of course TFC line up at the time did not help aether.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was impressed by him several times here. His footwork was excellent, but as said before, he just couldn't adapt to the leagues style, and couldn't connect with the lower level of teammate.

I am quite shocked to hear the Man Utd link though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought he was pretty meh, ill be shocked if this comes true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No longer a meme virgin.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the lolz!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post

No longer a meme virgin.

HAHA.

Had all the skill in the world but looked disinterested in his time here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    to be honest he never sucked at all, it was our team mates at that time like borman, gargan, santos, etc that made him look bad. He could actually control the ball good like deguz and he was only 20 years old
    no, he didn't suck, but your teammates not being good isn't a legitamate reason for never passing in my books. Especially when you don't do anything useful on the ball yourself. I remember him on countless occasions having a man wide open with lots of space, but instead of passing to them he'd dribble the ball to them, draw all the defenders there with him, and then either give the ball to the other player after he'd gotten rid of all their space, or get striped of the ball himself. IMO he was just one of the many players who was here in the first half of last season that didn't belong here.
    Bottom line is I'm glad he's gone, and that will not change no matter what team he ends up with in the future

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with this. He was a good player who had shit teammates.

Add on that he was on what 20 years old at the time? No experience carrying a team. People shouldn't have expected him to.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 02-28-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, perhaps we expected too much from him in the end he was a let down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't agree at all. He was a selfish ball hog that tried to do it all himself, and got beat pretty much every time. When he did get beat, he would sulk and pout, then tune out. Maybe he just thought that he was that much better than the rest, but the reality is he wasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    no, he didn't suck, but your teammates not being good isn't a legitamate reason for never passing in my books. Especially when you don't do anything useful on the ball yourself. I remember him on countless occasions having a man wide open with lots of space, but instead of passing to them he'd dribble the ball to them, draw all the defenders there with him, and then either give the ball to the other player after he'd gotten rid of all their space, or get striped of the ball himself. IMO he was just one of the many players who was here in the first half of last season that didn't belong here.
    Bottom line is I'm glad he's gone, and that will not change no matter what team he ends up with in the future
    Let's not forget that he had a nagging injury even before he arrived. He had a wrapped thigh almost from day one and he was constantly aggravating it. Sure, he went down easy on occasion (and more) but there was no doubt in my mind that he was slightly hobbled.

He had skill of that there is no question.

He lacked judgment though. He was also supremely over-confident seeming to think that he would rip this league apart.

TFC took a flyer on a guy with a strong pedigree but thankfully TFC knew enough to cut him loose when they did even if the club took pity on him and said it was a recall.

He has potential. It will be interesting to see what he can do in a different situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curse of Toronto.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought he was good, was upset to see him leave but Manchester? Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wake me up when Andy "Puyol Jr." Iro gets scouted by Barcelona.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    He sucked not only because TFC, he sucked because MLS sucks comparing to Seria A,B,C and so on.
    Defenders in MLS are reckless butchers comparing any league in Europe,skilled player like him can't survive here,and of course TFC line up at the time did not help aether.
    I don't particularly buy this, do you think someone could realistically have trouble with the physicality of MLS then survive in Italy?

Not only is that league more skilled, it's also more physical. I know that's not the first thing you think of when you picture series A, but the defending is high quality and you can't deny the athletic quality is superior.

I'd argue MLS looks physical because that's primarily what it's players offer, but it's not as physical as any of the top leagues.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't particularly buy this, do you think someone could realistically have trouble with the physicality of MLS then survive in Italy?

Not only is that league more skilled, it's also more physical. I know that's not the first thing you think of when you picture series A, but the defending is high quality and you can't deny the athletic quality is superior.

I'd argue MLS looks physical because that's primarily what it's players offer, but it's not as physical as any of the top leagues.
    He's not talking about the physicality of the MLS. he's talking about the recklessness. Different animal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He's not talking about the physicality of the MLS. he's talking about the recklessness. Different animal.
    Is it really? The recklessness of the players in MLS is going to negate the skill of someone who's somehow going to excel in one of the best leagues in the world?

If you can deal with the level of play over there and the superior athletic ability, a few rash challenges in MLS is not going to stop you from being effective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be a joke.

"Outstanding form"?

He has 2 goals in 23 games at Torino since he left here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Don't agree at all. He was a selfish ball hog that tried to do it all himself, and got beat pretty much every time. When he did get beat, he would sulk and pout, then tune out. Maybe he just thought that he was that much better than the rest, but the reality is he wasn't.
    Now, I may be biased (I used to have Stevanovic as my avatar picture and continue to think that he's the most technically gifted player to ever play on this team), but I would sulk and pout as well when I'd get beat because no one on the team had the foresight to make a run into space. He always passed when there was an opportunity. You'd see him take on multiple defenders because there was no one else around him to take the ball. That's what made him look like a ball hog, I guess. I'd rather keep the ball, personally, but hey, what do I know?

Also, with all due respect to your interpretation of his skill levels, I'm more inclined to believe what Arsenal's scouts used to think of Stevanovic a few years ago and what all the top 6 clubs ready to bid on him (assuming this story is true) think of him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 21-year-old was once likened to Cristiano Ronaldo by Arsenal scouts when they watched him developing at Inter Milan.
    Why? Because he fell to the ground at the first sign of a challenge? God his workrate was shit here. £6m is insane. Has he changed that much?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Why? Because he fell to the ground at the first sign of a challenge? God his workrate was shit here. £6m is insane. Has he changed that much?
    You're right, his workrate here was shit, and he's a sulky kid -- immature. He felt he was above this league. He wasn't getting any minutes in Italy, they shipped him here, he thought his team mates here weren't the best, so he didn't work hard. That's unprofessional, totally. But with that said, there's no denying he's very, very skilled.

As for whether he's changed, there is no decent-length clip on youtube, but a bunch of short ones. Check them out. I think he's worth millions. Maybe not six, but certainly no less than three or four.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    You're right, his workrate here was shit, and he's a sulky kid -- immature. He felt he was above this league. He wasn't getting any minutes in Italy, they shipped him here, he thought his team mates here weren't the best, so he didn't work hard. That's unprofessional, totally. But with that said, there's no denying he's very, very skilled.

As for whether he's changed, there is no decent-length clip on youtube, but a bunch of short ones. Check them out. I think he's worth millions. Maybe not six, but certainly no less than three or four.
    Which was the most frustrating part... If he only worked hard. 3 or 4 seems more reasonable if he grows the hell up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People seem to have VERY BAD memories...he was a fairly talented kid who NEVER backtracked/defended and wouldn't pass the ball...I remember one particular game where he and Santos went in on several 2 on 1's, and he tried to beat his man BOTH times leaving a wide open Santos furious in front of the net and the coaches raging at him from the sidelines...He just wasn't a complete player...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danger, I was only assessing Stevanovic based on his performance at our club, period. I wasn't assessing his skill levels. I don't buy into the theory that one of the reasons he failed to perform was because he was so much better than everyone else. He should have been able to make some adjustments. I do think that he very strong technically, I just don't think his head was in the TFC assignment.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This has to be a joke.

"Outstanding form"?

He has 2 goals in 23 games at Torino since he left here.
    I didn't think he was a striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^You think Manchester United brings in AMs or wingers with that kind of strike rate in the second division? (EDIT: I have no idea where he has been play at Torino.)

This is a set up. His agent must be owed a favour by that reporter or something.

He is almost always subbed out.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/...anovic?cc=5901
    Last edited by ensco; 02-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”