Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesRougez116 View Post
    fan club are for family and old people not for singing and tifo this is who i speak of.

there are respected group in europe and there are silly comedy groups that do thing like make ad for funny tv.

ultras group or fanatic organization exists for only one reason, support club in the virage. nothing else. no commercial. no profits. no media. only the club and the city and your group.
    I see. Well, luckily here there's room for everyone. Which has it's benefits since even ultra's reproduce and age.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and then people seriously wonder why we cant move support forward in this city...it always becomes a pissing contest.

everyone grow the fuck up. We all know why we are here and thats to support their teams. How one does it varies and what they do away from the stadium shouldnt be taken into consideration.

I also love how people who know exactly how things should be are the ones who balls weigh so much they cant help out....

We can have this debate a thousand and one times and it results in further frustrations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I see. Well, luckily here there's room for everyone. Which has it's benefits since even ultra's reproduce and age.
    unluckily it mean north America fans will be clown. while other place like north africa Asia and australia learning the right way to do it here we make funny conmercial.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in before this shifts into a death to modern football thread.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unluckily it mean north America fans will be clown. while other place like north africa Asia and australia learning the right way to do it here we make funny conmercial.
    Why do you judge North American culture by other cultures? That's wrong. What's right for here is what works here.

For example, in India, sports are combined with Bollywood entertainment. That's not my cup of tea, but it's not wrong.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    and then people seriously wonder why we cant move support forward in this city...it always becomes a pissing contest.

everyone grow the fuck up. We all know why we are here and thats to support their teams. How one does it varies and what they do away from the stadium shouldnt be taken into consideration.

I also love how people who know exactly how things should be are the ones who balls weigh so much they cant help out....

We can have this debate a thousand and one times and it results in further frustrations.
    just highlighting the important parts of my post for you.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, a certain group in a certain part of NA will be clown. "We" here in NA didn't take a poll to see if we let the TA make a joke at their own expense. Nor would I want to. Supporters reserve the right to support they way they want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just highlighting the important parts of my post for you.....
    im in canada total maybe 2 months on the year else im in europe. else i would be helpin.

but yes my balls are also very large

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in canada total maybe 2 months on the year else im in europe. else i would be helpin.

my whole point and a few others here is to stop comparing ourselves to others and focus on our efforts to grow supporters culture in CANADA.

What works in some parts may not work here and vice versa

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my whole point and a few others here is to stop comparing ourselves to others and focus on our efforts to grow supporters culture in CANADA.

What works in some parts may not work here and vice versa
    I think what people don't understand is that in Canada we don't have the social unrest that "The real" ultra groups have in their respective countries.

Makes a big difference when the members of the groups don't have built up anger issues and are only focused on unleashing their frustrations at the pitch. And I'm not talking about hooliganism or fighting or destroying stadiums. I'm talking about that level of aggressive energy that is released in song, banners etc.

Back on topic - I'm not surprised Portland did that cameo appearance. Anyone who knows Portland, knows it's a city of hipsters. Only made sense for them to support their hipster show.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    RIP Timbers Army 2001-2012
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    how about ""please please win, meow meow meow"

THAT WAS SAD, hold your head in shame for the mediawhoring you did
    Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    In Europe people would of kicked their arse
    fan club are for family and old people not for singing and tifo this is who i speak of.

there are respected group in europe and there are silly comedy groups that do thing like make ad for funny tv.

ultras group or fanatic organization exists for only one reason, support club in the virage. nothing else. no commercial. no profits. no media. only the club and the city and your group.

You DA MAN, cool guy!

Man, there are some HARD AS FUCK!!!!!!! supporters on this board. I'll never be as hardcore as them.

You guys should tattoo TFC logos on your foreheads and "kick to kill" on your knuckles. That way you'd be easy to spot from far away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I think what people don't understand is that in Canada we don't have the social unrest that "The real" ultra groups have in their respective countries.

France, germany, holland, Sweden, danish, switzerland, Austria, Belgium.

all these countries as good or better life than Canada. all have great groups.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion, people. No need to single out and insult.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lived in France for 3 years. Don't tell me there is no social unrest there. French vs. Arabs, French vs. Roma, rich vs. ghetto, it's got all of the problems. Paris burns every once in a while, so does Marseille.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I lived in France for 3 years. Don't tell me there is no social unrest there. French vs. Arabs, French vs. Roma, rich vs. ghetto, it's got all of the problems. Paris burns every once in a while, so does Marseille.
    ok wats your point Toronto burned during g8 vancouvet burn after hockey, natives vs Canadians every few years like caledona in montreal student riots.

he was trying to say only ultras in country like setbia and poland but there are ultras in nice countries with no unrest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    You DA MAN, cool guy!

Man, there are some HARD AS FUCK!!!!!!! supporters on this board. I'll never be as hardcore as them.

You guys should tattoo TFC logos on your foreheads and "kick to kill" on your knuckles. That way you'd be easy to spot from far away.
    The only thing better than a brass balls contest is a "who's the most enlightened liberal mind" contest.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time guys. Keep the discussion from getting personal.

Portland poking fun at themselves. This isn't about flares. They are not allowed in our league.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this is a good MLS promotion:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok for those who still don't understand what Portlandia is.

Portlandia is a Situation Sketch Comedy Show. Much like SCTV was. (where Portlandia takes place in Portland, SCTV took place at the fictional SCTV studio and generally sketches involve this.)

They did a Sketch and the Supporters, got involved. They supported a locally produced show.

Why would a supporters group ever support a locally produced show, and ham it up for the camera... I guess TFC supporters would never do this.

http://youtu.be/mMY-YA-ojXw?t=2m57s

Smile people lets have fun.. or do we need to start tagging things... #soccerisseriousbusiness

It's about getting out there, enjoying the game, enjoying the company, and having fun with it all...
    Last edited by Kaz; 02-27-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Youtube tags are silly to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously people?? Seriously???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of those Portland fans look like they could be creepy film/tv industry crew types. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were. Grips and lighting guys even. It's enough to make you shudder.

Here's the opening with the dog and the patio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCDbY_lXS5A

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny that most of these countries have been directly involved in two of the greatest wars in the past 100 years, a couple of those countries have open racial issues with several racial groups...those two things alone seem like social unrest, no?

You think these groups and the culture formed in the past 10 years? You don't think they've been heavily influenced by these and other pretty harsh events?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like... seriously guys... it's just a sitcom with bunch of people who happen to be in portland SG... what's the big deal here?

let's just move on
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the hell did this thread get so off track??

That show looks funny! If you can't laugh a little at yourself you need to get over yourself.
    Last edited by Suds; 02-28-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Funny that most of these countries have been directly involved in two of the greatest wars in the past 100 years, a couple of those countries have open racial issues with several racial groups...those two things alone seem like social unrest, no?

You think these groups and the culture formed in the past 10 years? You don't think they've been heavily influenced by these and other pretty harsh events?

ur right Canada was not in world wars

25 year old ultras in switzerland and Belgium are j fluences by ww2

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    Some of those Portland fans look like they could be creepy film/tv industry crew types. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were. Grips and lighting guys even. It's enough to make you shudder.

Here's the opening with the dog and the patio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCDbY_lXS5A
    ..............................no they're legit TA people from what i've been told

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    How the hell did this thread set so off track??

That show looks funny! If you can't laugh a little at yourself you need to get over yourself.
    Thanks mate, I totally agree. I just about give up with this forum. I merely posted it on here to a few people a laugh but somehow it gets turned in to a cultural superiority debate. People seemed desperate on here to cause verbal conflict.

Yes, I cringe when I hear N.American fans call themselves 'ultras'. But I couldn't care less. I can take my kids to games, drink beer in the sun and enjoy some live football.

And videos like this encapsulate whats great about the MLS. Able to laugh at itself and, above all, there to be enjoyed.

Get of your high horse, pick up a pint and chill the fuck out. If you really feel the need to troll, piss off to YouTube and tell the world why Justin Bieber isn't a 'real' musician.

Last edited by TorontoGooner; 02-27-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really trying to give a fuck what people in other countries think about how we support soccer in Canada and the US.

It's not working. I guess I'll just have to chill the fuck out and not care what people I'll never meet think about me.

Good on the Timbers Army and Portlandia. Not a fan of the show and not a fan of the team, but if it gives the sport more exposure in North America, that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 02-28-2012 at 02:44 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I'm really trying to give a fuck what people in other countries think about how we support soccer in Canada and the US.

It's not working. I guess I'll just have to chill the fuck out and not care what people I'll never meet think about me.

Good on the Timbers Army and Portlandia. Not a fan of the show and not a fan of the team, but if it gives the sport more exposure in North America, that's a good thing.
    DING DING DING, We have a winner!

This sums up my feelings, except I watched season 1 and thought it was funny.