Mar.3
    6 p.m.Consolation Game: TBD vs TBD
    8 p.m.Championship Game: TBD vs TBD

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever game they're in on March 3rd, I hope that TFC mostly plays the kids...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree. Play our starters on the 1st so they can get some rest ahead of the CCL game.

I would also like to say that seeing this thread this morning made me happy. The season is almost here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    For pre-seasons can't we do wholesale changes at half? I'd like the first squad to get as much time together before the CCL match. Let them play the first 45 and then sub em all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Preseason general thread

i hard it would be open on the 23rd but is it true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About dam time. With an almost normal mundane offseason by TFC standards it has seemed long. Still awaiting to hear when the SA players are confirmed to be at least in camp and /or signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyway of finding out if any of the sessions will be open to the public. I know it is unlikely but I am off the next few weeks and would love to check it out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camp is opening the 23rd.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players are already tweeting that there in Toronto for the beginning of training camp Monday which is today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am excited about it, I dont feel the team has done enough to improve to make the playoffs they are still the same team that won only one game in the final month.

Lots of work to be done, hopefully they will find some talent to bring over or we are in trouble, again.

That said, I dont want this merry-go-round of players they bring in every offseason, target a few to make the leap from horrible to playoff, I think we are close enough that with the right additions to the backend, another winger and a true AM (trade JDG to free up a DP slot) and we are good to go in my books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15 yr old Jordan Hamilton will be in camp (academy product)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Preseason is Starting: Your take

The 2012 season is slowing approaching in a quick fashion. The days drag but in a few moments of time we will be chanting our favourites watching the Reds continue their quest for glory.

With Pre-season commencing, what is your take on the current version of the Reds? Ready to go? Needs help?

Will they be able to make the playoffs or will it be another futile season?

Happy few additions have been made? Concerned they have not done enough?

Looking forward to something in particular or perhaps dreading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of question marks remain over the defence, in my view. While we'vre consistently heard that Eckersley will return, rumours that Aceval and Caicedo will sign (and not like the Mo-type rumours where a Brazilian, a Frenchman and a Dutch walk into the TFC training ground...), nothing is formalized yet. And with the exit of Iro, though he was pretty awful, it's still one less body on the back line.

Also, we need to strengthen the CF position: Koevermans is arguably the best striker in the league but what happens if he gets injured. Who else can take over for him and do a job? Some might say Ryan Johnson could and to an extent it's true but the depth is still lacking. Vukovic from the TFCA has been a name that's been brandied about but I don't really know much about him other than his tall stature; he's unproven in MLS.

Despite that, TFC is probably in the best position it's ever been to start a preseason. No one rushing to the airport to meet the team in Columbus and undergo a physical while others are warming up...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    15 yr old Jordan Hamilton will be in camp (academy product)
    Good stuff. Any insight on him?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    i hard it would be open on the 23rd but is it true
    i hate that i'm to have to see this post first when i check to see what's eventually going to be a 100+ comment thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threads merged.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

Here is some stuff form the Voyageurs board:

"I saw him play for Ontario at U14 nationals 2 or 3 years ago in Laval thinking this kid is not 13, he was just a big body decimating kids a year older then him, I then saw him in the National u-17 team in a camp after those nationals in Laval take on the Montreal Reserves and he looked completely out of place.. but hey, its a 13 year old taking on a national jersey. I recently saw him play in the summer against Montreal Impact for TFCA and I can tell you he was a whole different player. He was beating our starting U20 National RB every time down the left, whether it was his tremendous speed or his fancy footwork and great technical ability. I believe he even scored the goal in TFCA 3-1 loss if I remember correctly. TFCA has really done a good job with this kid, he's 15 out playing grown men. As for a pro team is he ready? He could be. He's got all the tools to be a great player and great potential. I just hope TFC don't lose him to Europe like they have just lost Carreiro and Petrasso."

"I'd say in his earlier years he was a freakish athlete, now he's not the biggest player nor strongest. Just a very fast, skill full 1v1 goal scorer. IMO.. He reminds me of Remy out of France, or a Balotelli aside all the off field problems haha."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Hes is one of my good friends younger brother.

He is the definition of a Canadian Early Eliter Bloomer,

at 15 he's 6'1, and has played with the historic U-17 team last year in the Concacaf World Cup qualifiers at the age of 14!, (and tallied a goal & assist).

He's very technical, excellent aerial, a good 1v1 striker, with good finishing abilities.

I would say he's probably not first team ready, but training with the first team could only help him, but i would be surprised if he is not signed in the future.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is taking 41 players to camp. Here is the list of who is going: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/01...s-41-preseason

I like the fact they have a number of academy kids going through camp with the senior team. Gives them experience and a chance for them and the coaches to measure where they are in their development with respect to the first team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    TFC is taking 41 players to camp. Here is the list of who is going: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/01...s-41-preseason

I like the fact they have a number of academy kids going through camp with the senior team. Gives them experience and a chance for them and the coaches to measure where they are in their development with respect to the first team.
    This is very interesting as there is not a single external trialist on this list. What a change from the previous years of guys coming and going almost every day. I was reading the New York Post and said the Red Bulls had 13 trialists in camps.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no aceval?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    no aceval?
    I guess he is not signed yet officially.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I guess he is not signed yet officially.
    he's not in camp either according to that article

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you recall the questions during TFC media day they eluded to another signing but would not confirm the name of the person and said it was not yet official. This is most likely why Aceval is not on the list. He's not being brought here on trial. TFC is trying to sign him to a contract. Until a contract is signed he's not involved with TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    If you recall the questions during TFC media day they eluded to another signing but would not confirm the name of the person and said it was not yet official. This is most likely why Aceval is not on the list. He's not being brought here on trial. TFC is trying to sign him to a contract. Until a contract is signed he's not involved with TFC.
    but he's not in camp either

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    but he's not in camp either
    I think it simple, he will only be in camp if and when he is signed officially to a contract. Some guys get to a point where they do not trial, it simple you want me, sign me. Not saying this is the case here, but situations like that have occurred in the past.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kinda strange that we have no more dutch players coming in, isn't it?
    That means Aron Winters contacts have so far yielded Bouchiba, Soolsma and Martina from Holland...and not much else

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and big Danny K, of course. 4 players in 1 year from Holland is alot IMO.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I forgot about him!

Anyway, I thought he'd have a couple more players coming in this year, since only Soolsma and Koevermans were impactful last year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'd guess international spots have something to do with that. Plus their philosophy is to prefer academy kids over bringing in new players.

Winter seems confident that the team he had by the end of last year is good enough to compete this year (apart from the back line). Caicedo, Lambe, and Hall were the only major additions. I hope he's right, and I guess we'll see what the benefits are of having the roster set from the start of training camp.

Speaking of which, I wonder why TFC started their camp a week after most clubs. Montreal had already played 3 preseason games before TFC's first day on the pitch. Seems kinda weird.