Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    They've shown more creativity in the middle of the field than the starters.
    That was my impression too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    What happened to Koeverman. Did he get injured?
    Announcers (if you want to believe them) got word from the bench that it was (supposedly) mostly precautionary. Felt a tweak or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news about Kovermans, he was taken off for precauticonary reasons. Canary said Ryan Johnson is Kovermans back. I don't mind Johnson, but he's not a goal scorer, look at his record with San Jose, not good. Like I said earlier, sign Stefan Vukevic and and sign an international or trade for a centre forward, maybe Stevan Lenhart of San Jose. Not happy with Winter's decision in playing Vukevic tonight, he better play Tuesday.

http://twitter.com/#!/TorontoFCPR/st...61469089234945

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally I would agree with all the "preseason games are meaningless" statements but for the the big game coming up. Not going to lie, I'm a lot more concerned than I was two hours ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Good news about Kovermans, he was taken off for precauticonary reasons. Canary said Ryan Johnson is Kovermans back. I don't mind Johnson, but he's not a goal scorer, look at his record with San Jose, not good. Like I said earlier, sign Stefan Vukevic and and sign an international or trade for a centre forward, maybe Stevan Lenhart of San Jose. Not happy with Winter's decision in playing Vukevic tonight, he better play Tuesday.

http://twitter.com/#!/TorontoFCPR/st...61469089234945
    Maybe winter gave the trialists 1 game chance and now will cut the roster down to the 28-30 we're going to run with for the season?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Well, I guess he has to do that by March 1st anyway, doesn't he?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, LA is playing vs RSL right now, if you want another look at the competition...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/live/channel1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

argh a draw. Winter needs to be sacked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine Vukovic is stronger than Ryan Johnson. The fact that he's not getting a run suggests to me he's out of consideration for this year.

I don't think the sky is falling but I do feel more worried about the 7th. Our midfield was pretty average tonight. Distribution wasn't good. No JDG. No Avila. I don't know who will fill those two positions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    argh a draw. Winter needs to be sacked
    ^ LOL

BTW didn't Plata score a header once for us? Or almost? I seem to remember, when he hadn't been in Toronto long, he slipped past the wall on a freekick, and the ball dropped to him all alone. I can't find a replay though. I remember thinking it was funny that the ball dropped to the shortest guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well, they are missing a key defender that they will also be missing vs. Toronto. Whatevs.
    Hey that's all I care about haha. Could care less what they do after March 14. Until the playoffs anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ LOL

BTW didn't Plata score a header once for us? Or almost? I seem to remember, when he hadn't been in Toronto long, he slipped past the wall on a freekick, and the ball dropped to him all alone. I can't find a replay though. I remember thinking it was funny that the ball dropped to the shortest guy.
    He didn't score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently fired Wolverhampton Wolves (EPL) manager Mick McCarthy was in attendance for the TFC-Orlando City game:

http://twitter.com/#!/asifintoronto/...444672/photo/1

Maybe TFC could use him in some capacity. Help out Paul Mariner with scouting players, i.e. a target striker. Sign Kevin Doyle.
    Last edited by moralis; 02-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am watching BK Hacken vs dallas and BK Hacken look really tough. we should seriously play vukovic next time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    i am watching BK Hacken vs dallas and BK Hacken look really tough. we should seriously play vukovic next time
    Are you related to him or his friend or something? You seem like a bit of a fanboy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason to panic.

But at the same time I think we should all expect a learning curve from our CB's. Remember Iro played like Iro after years of experience in MLS. When these guys get adjusted will be AT THE VERY LEAST be an improvement over our previous pairing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not happy with this result.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus people jump to conclusions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don't think the sky is falling but I do feel more worried about the 7th. Our midfield was pretty average tonight. Distribution wasn't good. No JDG. No Avila. I don't know who will fill those two positions.
    I'm thinking that either either Stinson or Silva will fill in for JDG, and Johnson will fill in for Avila like in the other CCL games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I no Winter wants depth at every position,but I don`t think our offence is going to scare to many teams.Plata doesn`t have the speed everyone talks about and I only saw Lambe pull away ounce.If you look at the 2 subs Orlando made with the 17 year old and Ching .They both had more of an impact and got behind our defence.I still think we need an attacking mid and some first class wingers who constantly keep defences on their heels.Why is it LA has all kind of offensive weapons and look what Vancouver has done with their attack.We not only gave up alot of goals last year we didn`t score very many

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Normally I would agree with all the "preseason games are meaningless" statements but for the the big game coming up. Not going to lie, I'm a lot more concerned than I was two hours ago.
    totally agree, was really looking forward to this game and seeing some definite improvement but all i got was same old, same old, .....I will grant them some time to work things out, but, geez, the opponent is 3rd divison, and their season starts in April, so i would assume they have had a lot less time than us to prepare.....things have to improve.

and based on his play , lambe better tone down those 'styling photos, apart from his hustle on defense, he was complete shit!!!
    Last edited by azorean10; 02-25-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Player ratings anyone?
    Frei 9
    Eckersley 6
    Aceval 7
    Cacedo 3
    Morgan 6
    Frings 7
    Dunfield 4
    Avila 5
    Plata 5
    Lambe 5
    Koevermans 5

Subs
    Henry 5
    Maund 8
    Green 5
    Huezo 4
    Stinson 7
    Cordon 7
    Camargo 5
    Burgos 6
    Orozco 5
    Soolsma 6
    Last edited by PopePouri; 02-25-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys what's ___ and ___ but ___ all over? An MLS pre-season game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    jesus people jump to conclusions.
    Yep. These games are about fitness and getting back into the vibe of playing with the team. Way way way too early to be making any value judgments.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burgos might be worth keeping, he had some impressive passes when he came on.....it will be interesting to see if they sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its hard to go all out, balls to the wall for your first pre season game. Thats how things break, rip, dislocate, concuss, and get torn....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so lets see everyone is just getting their match fitness, it's our second preseason match, we played without a dedicated striker for 60 minutes. Lambe got his second time on the field with the boys in a game, and we were playing a team that was going all out, like after the 4 games they play here they don't have to play again for 6 weeks... oh wait.. and we were playing like we have a meaningful game in 11 days. We were also playing a team that maybe division 3 but it built like a mid to top level d2 team. (they had a record of 29-7-6 including preseason, US Open, and USL PRO)

So I would have prefered a win, I would have liked to see more drive from the subs as they wont be playing in 11 days, but I'm not overly worried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Frei 9
    Eckersley 6
    Aceval 7
    Cacedo 3
    Morgan 6
    Frings 7
    Dunfield 4
    Avila 5
    Plata 5
    Lambe 5
    Koevermans 5

Subs
    Henry 5
    Maund 8
    Green 5
    Huezo 4
    Stinson 7
    Cordon 7
    Camargo 5
    Burgos 6
    Orozco 5
    Soolsma 6
    looks about right, Burgos might be able to move up though, hope he get's some additional minutes.....and Cordon , still waiting on the kid, but i don't see much, don't think he warrants a 7.......
    Last edited by azorean10; 02-25-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Dunfield 4
    Your being quite generous. He single handedly killed the midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Ok so lets see everyone is just getting their match fitness, it's our second preseason match, we played without a dedicated striker for 60 minutes. Lambe got his second time on the field with the boys in a game, and we were playing a team that was going all out, like after the 4 games they play here they don't have to play again for 6 weeks... oh wait.. and we were playing like we have a meaningful game in 11 days. We were also playing a team that maybe division 3 but it built like a mid to top level d2 team. (they had a record of 29-7-6 including preseason, US Open, and USL PRO)

So I would have prefered a win, I would have liked to see more drive from the subs as they wont be playing in 11 days, but I'm not overly worried.
    Ok, gonna take a wait and see approach....BUT....We looked bad! let's face it, and March 7th is a less than 2 weeks away...I know it's a preseason game and we should'nt read too much into the results of theses games, but just the overall look of the team was , well, like the first 5 years...ughh!.....fingers crossed.
    Last edited by azorean10; 02-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.