Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think people on both this board and SBI massively underestimate Huckerby's talent, and if he stays healthy, this will be the player steal of the season, unfortunately.

Not much good to say right now. Dickov isn't in Huckerby's class by a stretch (in fact Hucks kept him out of the Man City lineup for a time) and I don't see rumours that Mo is talking to anyone else out there.

This is putrid. I really want to wait and have faith, but this has to get done before we drop too many more points on close ones.
    Please, Hucks is finished. I can't stand how some people on this site have put him up on some pedestal like a God. He played the last 5 years of his career in the Championship which tells me he piqued over 5 years ago. His best years were at Man City while they struggled in the EPL. He has no European experience i.e. UEFA Cup or Champions League. He was an average player at best and his impact on TFC would pale in comparison to what Guevara has brought to the table. I'd rather have an older more experienced Joao Pinto than this injury proned Championship player.

If his signing with San Jose paves the way for Mo signing a DP then TFC got the better end of the deal.

Hucks is shit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    Please, Hucks is finished. I can't stand how some people on this site have put him up on some pedestal like a God. He played the last 5 years of his career in the Championship which tells me he piqued over 5 years ago. His best years were at Man City while they struggled in the EPL. He has no European experience i.e. UEFA Cup or Champions League. He was an average player at best and his impact on TFC would pale in comparison to what Guevara has brought to the table. I'd rather have an older more experienced Joao Pinto than this injury proned Championship player.

If his signing with San Jose paves the way for Mo signing a DP then TFC got the better end of the deal.

Hucks is shit...
    A God? No. Better than what we have, and not 90 years old? Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Banner:

O'Brien,
    Huckerby:
    You've been Turfed
    Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't sign a worthy striker(and I don't mean Dickov) within the next 10 days we won't be making the playoffs..GUARANTEED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait until the 19th, when we kick SJ's ass!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    If we don't sign a worthy striker(and I don't mean Dickov) within the next 10 days we won't be making the playoffs..GUARANTEED!
    Dunno bout that dateline but i think everyone can agree that we need a top striker to make the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Huck!

Gets taken around the city, pretty sure paid for by TFC, then splits. Makes Mo look like a fool. Has he not known about the turf for the past 6 months? Could have been focusing elsewhere this whole time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hucks is a good player and will do well, however I question his motivation when he signs for that toilet team in San Jose.
    Whatever, I trust in Mo and think that he has something up his sleeve...Im sure Dickov will sign soon....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Dunno bout that dateline but i think everyone can agree that we need a top striker to make the playoffs
    I think most people have been saying that from the beginning of the season. IMO though neither Hucks or Dickov fit that bill. I'd rather have McBride than any forward we currently have or have been rumored thus far. Its important to extract equal compensation from Chicago for McBride since thats the only place he'll play. I'm thinking Justin Mapp and allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know its mls-rumors.net, but they say that McBride may not play this year, b/c Toronto's demand is too high. So he may wait til next year, when another team may have his rights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I know its mls-rumors.net, but they say that McBride may not play this year, b/c Toronto's demand is too high. So he may wait til next year, when another team may have his rights.
    Dont think that will happen, dudes 36 and most people figure hes only got a season and half in him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'know, the more I think about this, the more Huckerby's insistence on playing where he can experience "the California lifestyle" bodes well for us. If he thinks it's gonna be a walk in MLS because he's a skill player, he hasn't reckoned on the almost-mindless tenacity in this league. The teams that win do it because they're on you like dogs from the first whistle to last, and I'm not sure someone who thinks this is a lifestyle change will appreciate that too much.

ALthough, it should also be said that he's one of the most tenacious players you'll ever meet, too, so maybe he leaves the lifestyle stuff at home. Ah well, we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not like Mo as a coach but I trust him as a GM. I think he has a Master Plan and will make moves soon. I look for Dickov and another player to come. He has to move now since we are in a slump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact is, he didn't want to come here so we're not missing anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not losing any sleep over this guy. If California is the decided factor for him then fuck him.