Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ricketts' offensive threat

On the plus side, Ricketts is proving we have at least one forward right now who can put the ball on net. Rather surprising given how few shots he took in Britain. That goal yesterday was a nice piece of finishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts IMO is not a goal scorer, he can score but I look at him more as a setup man. It is tough considering we are looking for most of our goals from our mid-field. I think personally if we got a quality striker, I would expect our mid-field to really show what its worth. A good striker would thrive off of some of the balls ricketts and guevera put in...and maybe Robert will start to try a lot more if he has someone to give the ball too upfront instead of Cunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-Goals vs Colorado were sweet, and off live play...

Last night was a great finish, from a tight angle...

He's defintely getting more comfortable, and becoming an offensive threat...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally I agree, in fact I actually had a post on here once telling him to stop shooting, because he can't hit the net. Think I was wrong on that, though. At least those kind of chip-ins contribute when the front line isn't producing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The great thing about it is, Ricketts could be here for a long time. I could even see him becoming our captain in a few years time. He's both talented and vocal. In the long run, this could be Mo's (or should I say Carver's) best acquisition.

Now let's get him on the Canadian National Team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree , with quality strikers who can receive and give passes, you will see much more production out fo robert especially, you can see he has no confidence in cunny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yeah right lol CMNT?! And yeah thats what im saying...I would get frustrated as a mid-fielder if I had to put up with cunny. I hope we sign someone soon because we really need to add some quality upfront. But you guys obviously dont need me to tell you that lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    ^ yeah right lol CMNT?! And yeah thats what im saying...I would get frustrated as a mid-fielder if I had to put up with cunny. I hope we sign someone soon because we really need to add some quality upfront. But you guys obviously dont need me to tell you that lol
    Why not? don't think he's good enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Why not? don't think he's good enough?
    no no he is...I just dont think he would come and play for CMNT. Some of our good players wont even play for Canada lol I just find it hard to see him coming to play for us....UNLESS...the CSA is gone and we actually get good support behind the Canadian National Team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurignano View Post
    no no he is...I just dont think he would come and play for CMNT. Some of our good players wont even play for Canada lol I just find it hard to see him coming to play for us....UNLESS...the CSA is gone and we actually get good support behind the Canadian National Team.
    ahh, gotcha. I think Ricketts might be different, he seems to have embraced the club and the city. It may be his only chance to play on a national team. If he's here 2 or 3 years, hopefully he would consider it. Maybe Big Bruva can let us in as to whether he's thought about it.

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    The great thing about it is, Ricketts could be here for a long time. I could even see him becoming our captain in a few years time. He's both talented and vocal. In the long run, this could be Mo's (or should I say Carver's) best acquisition.

Now let's get him on the Canadian National Team.
    No, he does his residency applies for citizenship through the REGULAR channels then he can play for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's sad that we need to depend on wingers and midfielders ala RR to score our goals. because we have such a useless striker in cunny!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
    No, he does his residency applies for citizenship through the REGULAR channels then he can play for us.
    He'd have to anyway, unless he has a Canadian relative within two direct generations.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He'd have to anyway, unless he has a Canadian relative within two direct generations.
    He was effective all over the field yesterday. Really liking his play lately. MOTM, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Generally I agree, in fact I actually had a post on here once telling him to stop shooting, because he can't hit the net. Think I was wrong on that, though. At least those kind of chip-ins contribute when the front line isn't producing.
    Oh yeah i remember that and i remember my reply saying something like "How can any supporter of a team they love tell a winger to stop shooting and don't think about scoring when he says he wants to come here and get his fair share of goals"

He came here with a few goals and scoring a few goals was one and im glad for him that he is achieving this.

Would of been sweet if his volley off the cross bar went in too.

Need a striker asap.

I think he would think about playing for CMNT, on the J.A forums they have been mentioning his name and asking if he would consider playing for Jamaica and he has a few friends on the team (Jamaal Campbell-Ryce, T Marshall etc) but you never know lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Oh yeah i remember that and i remember my reply saying something like "How can any supporter of a team they love tell a winger to stop shooting and don't think about scoring when he says he wants to come here and get his fair share of goals"

He came here with a few goals and scoring a few goals was one and im glad for him that he is achieving this.
    Yeah yeah, don't rub it in dude. I also started the "will silence doubters weekly thread" and a few others. Been right about that lately.