Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowan View Post
    Thanks. Can someone re-post or PM me Gary's contact information - it doesn't seem to be showing up for me.
    Check your PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    Check your PM.
    Thanks!

Just got my ticket from Gary for the 17th. He said they've been pleased with the sales, around 30 tickets so far. I'm not sure if he mentioned this to everyone, but he's planning on sending out an e-mail to all those that have bought tickets to tell us where to meet and lead us in to the stadium

Quick question for the west coasters, has anybody used QuickCoach/Shuttle before? I'm planning on heading down from Vancouver and the commuter fares look pretty reasonable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was surprised to see my tickets show up in the (Canada Post) mail yesterday. I thought they were at the On Call desk.

Though I did give him my mailing address ...

Makes life easier.

I haven't used that bus before. I've always just used Amtrak's bus service - which runs from the train station (near the stadium) instead of the bus station.
    Last edited by nfitz; 02-28-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I'll be easy to spot. I'll have the wife and 4-year old in tow ... both of whom will disappoint me by not wearing enough red (though if I could find a long TFC dress in a 4X ...

Also, I must confess, I'll have my wife's Aunt with me, who is from Seattle. However, she's a huge Huskies (U of Washington) fan, but has watched a soccer game before. She's in her 60s, so I don't think she'll give us much trouble :-). Though I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up sitting ... along with my wife actually, whose pregnant. But perhaps if I ply her with enough beer, we can get her bouncing up and down supporting Toronto.

Looking at the tickets that came ... looks like I got row A of 203 - which appears to be the front row looking at http://www.seats3d.com/mls/seattle_sounders_fc/ ... looks to be about 7 seats in a row except the front row. So I'd guess with 30 seats, we are looking at Rows A through D and perhaps part of E (I assume that's how they do it there).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    along with my wife actually, whose pregnant. But perhaps if I ply her with enough beer, we can get her bouncing up and down supporting Toronto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesRougez116 View Post
    LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was surprised to see my tickets show up in the (Canada Post) mail yesterday. I thought they were at the On Call desk.

Though I did give him my mailing address ...

Makes life easier.
    yeah mine showed up yesterday instead of waiting for me at will call ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roll call for the Seattle game?

Saturday is Saint Patrick's day, we will be even more noticeable with our lack of green. Ugh, green beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.
    UrbanToronto nfitz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roll call for the Seattle game?

Saturday is Saint Patrick's day, we will be even more noticeable with our lack of green. Ugh, green beer.

Packed and ready to begin the journey tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    Packed and ready to begin the journey tomorrow
    Going to LA as well?

And yep! I'll be there for both games

Wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in LA prior to the match. Where's everyone staying? I have a Ramada in West Hollywood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Going to LA as well?

Wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in LA prior to the match. Where's everyone staying? I have a Ramada in West Hollywood.
    Which brings up the question does anyone want to meet up at a pub prior to the Seattle game? I found this pub which has good reviews close to century link, and it is not an irish bar which I think is important seeing that it is March 17th.

Collins Pub
    526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, United States

PM or respond on this forum, Time: TBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see why not. I sent this link to my buddy who I'm meeting in Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Going to LA as well?

Yeah, fly out tomorrow morning, staying somewhere in Torrance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which brings up the question does anyone want to meet up at a pub prior to the Seattle game? I found this pub which has good reviews close to century link, and it is not an irish bar which I think is important seeing that it is March 17th.

Collins Pub
    526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, United States

PM or respond on this forum, Time: TBA
    I'll have a word with the guys and see what's going on, will keep it in mind, should be flying in around midday Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, fly out tomorrow morning, staying somewhere in Torrance

Pretty far away from where I am.. it's probably easier to head straight down to HDC than coordinate anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if interested let’s meet at

Collins Pub
    526 2nd Avenue, Seattle, at 4:45 – 5:00.

A couple of links below

http://gosounders.com/about/visitors/

http://www.thecollinspub.com/

Cheers looking forward to chatting the the travelling contingent up from La with smiles on their faces.

Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    UrbanToronto nfitz?
    Uh oh ... who did I offend.

Won't make the pre-game ... need to keep a 4-year old going until 9 pm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh ... who did I offend.

Won't make the pre-game ... need to keep a 4-year old going until 9 pm ...
    No worries, we will see you at the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a thought being st pattys day in the emerald city. I have a few mates at work who are from settle, and they all recomend kell's. 2 storeys plus an outdoor beer garden, music starts at noon and its just as close as collins to the staduium.

see here for st pattys day festivities
    http://www.kellsirish.com/seattle/sp2012_release.php

map
    http://www.kellsirish.com/seattle/map.php

It is $20 bucks, but my thought is we pay early in the afternoon, enjoy some beers and irish music, go to the game, and then since we should have wristbands/stamps, we can come back after the game for round 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone who was at the game want to make sure anything in particular is brought up when I speak to the supporters council about the setup in Seattle? I thought their security was very poor and there were a few incidents that shouldn't ever happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone who was at the game want to make sure anything in particular is brought up when I speak to the supporters council about the setup in Seattle? I thought their security was very poor and there were a few incidents that shouldn't ever happen
    You mean aside from the sounders fans throwing stuff at us and taunting us when they scored?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will obviously be mentioned with the lack of organization in security being my main theme. Trying to put Sounders fans in with us was also very troubling. Were there any specific incidents or conversations that would be worth bringing up? I'm less annoyed with their fans than I am with their preparation for away fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the fat man getting in my face. He was harmless though and chilled out towards the end of the game. I'm sure if they had even one guy on security in the section none of that or the food throwing would have happened. Pretty big contrast compared to how well the LA staff handled it, and that game was empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely night and day compared to LA. I expect some ribbing, but the presence of just one single security guard would have been nice.

The sad thing is, as an American, I couldn't even take part in our "free healthcare" rebuttal . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will obviously be mentioned with the lack of organization in security being my main theme. Trying to put Sounders fans in with us was also very troubling. Were there any specific incidents or conversations that would be worth bringing up? I'm less annoyed with their fans than I am with their preparation for away fans.
    Such a difference to Portland game it attended last year when some Timbers army guys came over and welcomed us. There was a guard at the bottom of the stairs with clear view of the away area. They did seat some Portland fans in the away area like Seattle but they were decent folk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lazlo_80 View Post
    I've been to Seattle for a game, I just grabbed the tix off of ticketmaster, though i didn't sit in the visitors supporters section. with that said, i drank with my wife before the game in a bar in TFC gear and all the fans from Seattle were surprisingly cool and down to chat.

As for tix availability, I agree, don't think teams are doing single tix games yet. I moved down to SF and the San jose tix don't go up until later this week.

Best of luck, have a great time. It's a great place to see a game, Ive seen both TFC and the Canadian soccer team in that stadium.
    Lucky You to have seen Canada play against Brazil in Seattle, that was a proud moment for me to have lost 3-2 and by only one goal. De Guzman and Rob Friend Goals were world class. I forget who it was but we had a chance to tie on a break away but the forward miss the empty net.

Canada was truly organized and hungered to score.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought things went relatively well. No security around most of the time (though I noticed we were suddenly quite surrounded at the end of the game - perhaps that's when they figured the risk was), but there was consistently an attendant nearby ... and presumably security would have been there quick if there were any real issues.

But being at the bottom, I never figured out what was going on further up.

Not sure what they were thinking with that couple with Seattle tickets ... did they have the SAME seats as someone else? A bit odd, but after they stopped to think about it, they dealt with it okay.

Everyone I bumped into in the Stadium, on transit, and even standing at a bus stop before getting to the game seemed very welcoming (or just kept quiet). And several people walked up to us at the bottom and were quite welcoming.

I really wouldn't make a big deal of what might not have worked. Unless I missed something that was going on.