0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wull View Post
    you told me 8!

even if 8, check yer math!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got 14 tix yesterday in 109D for peeps at work who enjoy the occasional footy game...and are willing to scream for TFC!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 in SG , 4 in yellow.. and counting...
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at 85 sold now! 70 of us will be rocking it in section 239! Told all my guests a Dress Code is in effect - RED!!!!!

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    The ones who aren't soccer fans are confused by just what exactly the CCL is. I don't understand what's so confusing. The friends/family I've asked all seem pretty indifferent to the game.
    yes, many people in North America only understand the Season followed by playoffs format like in NHL, NFL, MLB exc. they just cant seem to get there heads around a season with promotion and relegation, Champions Leagues, FA Cups, Carling Cups, they just often don't understand.

And then theres the people such as some Leafs fans who say soccer is stupid they dont even have nick names like the Leafs or Raptors ( ive herd a guy say that before), and "they have adds on there jerseys thats so stupid". Then theres Soccer fans who say "how can you guys have commercials during games", and why the fuck would you call your team something as stupid as "wild" "Blue jackets" exc ( tho some nick names they do have a point why would you come up with that name, lol). The never ending arguments that exsist between Hockey, baseball, basketball, football fans vs Soccer fans. Some just accept its just a different sport and do things different, some other fans in North America seem to almost be angry that soccer has different ways of doing things then other pro sports!
    Last edited by james; 01-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    yes, many people in North America only understand the Season followed by playoffs format like in NHL, NFL, MLB exc. they just cant seem to get there heads around a season with promotion and relegation, Champions Leagues, FA Cups, Carling Cups, they just often don't understand.

And then theres the people such as Leafs fans who say soccer is stupid they dont even have nick names like the Leafs or Raptors ( ive herd a guy say that before), and "they have adds on there jerseys thats so stupid". Then theres Soccer fans who say "how can you guys have commercials during games", and why the fuck would you call your team something as stupid as "wild" "Blue jackets" exc ( tho some nick names they do have a point why would you come up with that name, lol). The never ending arguments that exsist between Hockey, baseball, basketball, football fans vs Soccer fans. Some just accept its just a different sport and do things different, some other fans in North America seem to almost be angry that soccer has different ways of doing things then other pro sports. Jealous or something i don't know! lol
    I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't think soccer is stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    I'm a Leaf fan who doesn't think soccer is stupid.
    ya i said that wrong, there is lots of people who are fans of Leafs or other teams that also love TFC or soccer in general, but there is also quite a lot that are anti soccer as well for some reason.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a guy at my work buy 10 seats, that means about 18 people in my department attending so far.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i said that wrong, there is lots of people who are fans of Leafs or other teams that also love TFC or soccer in general, but there is also quite a lot that are anti soccer as well for some reason.
    Totally agree, but it goes both ways. Many espouse a soccer culture and seem unwilling to bend from their idea of what that is, which becomes divisive.

I definitely understand what you're saying. I'm a fan of multiple sports and have often heard the refrain "______ is stupid." It's just a negative attitude. I like to think positively as often as possible and see no benefit in trying to disparage other sports or their fans. Unfortunately there is a percentage of the population that is just negative in general. Nothing we can do about it but go have a great time and not worry about them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just bought another 10...So that makes 20 in total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh glad you edited that james. you saved me an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I am at 85 sold now! 70 of us will be rocking it in section 239! Told all my guests a Dress Code is in effect - RED!!!!!
    Wow! Who the hell are you taking? lol.
    Last edited by Brooker; 01-20-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

already put a group together for section 115 regulars and friends (67 seats in 122).

Now putting a group together for Sean's Mississauga Falcons U12 Rep team. 39 seats sold so far -likely end up north of 80- for the 500 section behind the supporters section.
    #occupyrogerscentre!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I heard we've got a group of 25 people going, tickets have been purchased. Missed the pre-sale to supporters unfortunately, but being there is the most important part so I'm just glad to be attending the match. Anyone else in/around 206?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought six for the upper bowl, so bringing some British mates who are new to the city, as well as some colleagues who are desperate to support TFC. They're also tagging along to away games. Great first game for them to go to.

Me and my regular game going mate however will be down in 124, screaming our heads off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a little upset. Despite talking to a rep before tickets went on sale, and telling him how many i wanted (20) he was only able to give me upper bowl seats. So me and 19 buddies from work will all be up in the 500's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot of douchy soccer fans who are anti-NA sports as well so I would not get too bothered about any of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ended up with 2 groups
    67 of us in the supporters section (122) - all BMO Field section 115 regulars with some guests
    101 up in 524 from 2 rep teams at Mississauga Falcons.
    I should add that I did not and do not plan to make a cent off these-all sold at face value to those buying.

total 168. Can't wait. I think I'll know a few people there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^just a few

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    ended up with 2 groups
    67 of us in the supporters section (122) - all BMO Field section 115 regulars with some guests
    101 up in 524 from 2 rep teams at Mississauga Falcons.
    I should add that I did not and do not plan to make a cent off these-all sold at face value to those buying.

total 168. Can't wait. I think I'll know a few people there!
    Someone is popular!