Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    If this game hits 50k, they'll use the images to market TFC forever .
    I'm hitting the gym then.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I hope that they invest (yes invest) in a very strong marketing program for this match. Print, digital, radio & TV should be heavily covered, and I'd like to see some slick TV adverts. If this is handled right, we will get a good showing, and a percentage of those attending the game will become net new TFC fans.
    I agree. How hard could it be to get 50000 people in a 'special' event to see Beckham? I think we'll get a near sellout no problem as long as TFC advertises this come February. They should see this as in investment in gaining greater public awareness of TFC and hopefully creating new fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. How hard could it be to get 50000 people in a 'special' event to see Beckham? I think we'll get a near sellout no problem as long as TFC advertises this come February. They should see this as in investment in gaining greater public awareness of TFC and hopefully creating new fans.
    If you go by that TFC has in the area of 16,000 Season tickets sold and you factor in that people this morning have been buying 100, 50, 20 etc at a time along with the price getting to 50,000 is very much a reality and could get there quicker than most would expect.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am bring in a party! 70 confirmed! United we will paint the town Red!

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    I am bring in a party! 70 confirmed! United we will paint the town Red!
    I am proud to say that I have my paint the town Red t-shirt on today.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28 tickets bought and i havent sent an email yet... tcp-ip, great on the 70...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard or read absolutely nothing about this game anywhere other than on this forum. Not a peep.

I think the TFC sales rep may have taken me off the emailing list after I refused to buy season tickets last month. Not cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    I think the TFC sales rep may have taken me off the emailing list after I refused to buy season tickets last month. Not cool.
    I've seen nothing on my Red List account either. Red list doesn't get a shot until Thursday, and then they are at Ticketmaster, so higher price plus service charges.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Maybe some SSH folks that you know can help you out.

EDIT: although this should probably go in the other thread: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=30503

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the waiting list sales begin on Thursday, then general public on Monday. Probably seperate emails for those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But weren't there emails sent out to announce that the game was being held at Rogers Centre, to announce the pricing and sales schedule, etc? I used to get stuff from TFC at least once a week but since the end of the season, nothing. I've been getting all my updates on this game through the RPB website.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    But weren't there emails sent out to announce that the game was being held at Rogers Centre, to announce the pricing and sales schedule, etc? I used to get stuff from TFC at least once a week but since the end of the season, nothing. I've been getting all my updates on this game through the RPB website.
    As mentioned, this should probably go in the other thread. However, maybe things got messed up when your status changed & you had to be moved between mailing lists. TFC isn't going to purposely ignore any potential customers; your money is still legal tender even if you spurned their attempts to get you back as a SSH! TFC also mentioned that they've been having some email problems.

Check this info from here http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/01...s-begin-monday

Season seat holders or members of waiting lists not receiving emails, are urged to contact their account representative or call 416-360-GOAL (4625) on weekdays between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET to update their information.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTFC View Post
    20 confirmed. People I had no faith in have been jumping at the tickets. I'm impressed.
    I'm excited to see all the boys at this one! Should be a great night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Auzzy. I didn't actually think MLSE as a company would refuse my money, but the woman I spoke to who was trying to sell me the seasons sounded really pissed off, and I wouldn't put it past her to delete my name from the mailing list and the waiting list (I was on the Gold). That said, it's more likely that I'm just the victim of a computer glitch.

I only brought this up in response to people who said this game needs some kick-ass marketing (which I agree with) to point out that I have not heard anything about the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I get tickets in 118-121 ??
    Are they being sold in the members section ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I've seen nothing on my Red List account either. Red list doesn't get a shot until Thursday, and then they are at Ticketmaster, so higher price plus service charges.
    Keep in mind the Pre-Sale and discount is for SSH. I guess it's one of the perks of being a SSH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Keep in mind the Pre-Sale and discount is for SSH. I guess it's one of the perks of being a SSH.
    And I am one!

But sometimes the extra Red List account comes very useful. ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought 10 tickets in the supporters section, probably needed 12, but that was the max. About half the group are normal south-end regulars, and the other half are newbs (to TFC, not soccer).
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    How can I get tickets in 118-121 ??
    Are they being sold in the members section ?
    yes

117-121 are left aside for RBP,U-Sector,NEE and TRN members
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is now officially off track:

continue all your comments in the general tickets thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...20#post1426320
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Share any positive stories about inviting people to the CCL quarter-final match at the Rogers Centre. Are you bringing a dozen friends? Did that Eurosnob or Puckhead finally decide to take in a game? Share it here!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bringing 6 others. some are football fans, some are new to it. really looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started with myself plus three - then got my SSH friends around me on board and got 7 each from two of them so i originally bought 18 - 35$ tickets.

Then grabbed 5 - 10$ tickets for my lil bro and his buddies.

Then got another 20 tickets in the rows behind me for 35$ again.

most have never been to a TFC game. but the news of a "playoff" game in toronto got them stoked!!!

And that was all it took.

I am excited. will probably sell another 15 by the end of the presale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold 30 at $19

time to get soccer parents at work to buy some $10 tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty pleased with myself. I sold 47 tickets. The great thing is about 2/3 have never seen a game before, and have three groups of families - wife, kids, everyone. They'll be in for a real treat! This will be a game those kids will remember, maybe even encourage them to keep playing. I found saying it's TFC's biggest game ever, it's like a playoff game, and the great $19 price for the 200s was all the selling I needed. I had more people than I could keep up with. Many were just never able to get tickets to a BMO game and always wanted to check it out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Many were just never able to get tickets to a BMO game and always wanted to check it out.
    they weren't trying hard enough...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm pretty pleased with myself. I sold 47 tickets. The great thing is about 2/3 have never seen a game before, and have three groups of families - wife, kids, everyone. They'll be in for a real treat! This will be a game those kids will remember, maybe even encourage them to keep playing. I found saying it's TFC's biggest game ever, it's like a playoff game, and the great $19 price for the 200s was all the selling I needed. I had more people than I could keep up with. Many were just never able to get tickets to a BMO game and always wanted to check it out.
    I'm pretty amazed at the number of tickets fans have put together as group buys. I thought my 20 was a lot but I've seen up to 70 purchased.

If anything, this should tell TFC that their loyal fans are willing to do the marketing for them if they prices are right.

I think everyone who bought 20 tickets or more should get a free coke hand delivered by Tommy A at the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loving the stories...gotta know one thing, are you also telling them to WEAR RED!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    loving the stories...gotta know one thing, are you also telling them to WEAR RED!
    It's been made a pre-requisite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 13 , 4 of them are new to TFC