Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how the ticketmaster system is going to allocate seats tomorrow when you go on the website. I find it a pain in the ass sometimes. You'll say you want "200 level" and then it'll just give you the first 200 level seats it finds, which could be nowhere close to the actual section you want. I find for some American ticketmaster orders now, they have an actual map of every available seat in the arena/stadium, and you can zoom in and click on those specific seats. But ticketmaster Canada doesn't yet seem to offer that option.

Can we call in and deal with an operator or does the pre-sale stuff only work online? (that seems to be the best way to get specific numbered sections, not just price points or levels in the stadium).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Never heard of any downsizing of Skydome since it was constructed.
    There is event max capacity so when they sell out they say the event sold out. It doesn't mean the venue sold out. A good case was UFC in April. It was originally low 40's, then upped once those were sold and capacity was upped once again to over 50,000. If there is demand, they will sell all 50,000 and 50,00 will be made available.
    keep in mind that a UFC cage takes up much less space than a soccer field. They fit many thousands of people on the ground level. If there were 50,000 seats for UFC, it doesn't mean we can have that many fot TFC (even if the demand is there)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on how they configure their best available strategy for the event.

The pre-sale code should work when you call. Personally, if they don't have a pick-a-seat map for a show/event, I'll always call the box office. At least then you can ask about specific sections. (Actually, I'll usually go to Rotate This, a fan site or the venue's site before I go to ticket master.)

ps I work for a ticketing software company.
    Last edited by eustacchio; 01-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear the idea I won't get a ticket in the 118-121 sections by tomorrow.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    keep in mind that a UFC cage takes up much less space than a soccer field. They fit many thousands of people on the ground level. If there were 50,000 seats for UFC, it doesn't mean we can have that many fot TFC (even if the demand is there)
    The CFL configuration tops out at 52,000+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    I wonder how the ticketmaster system is going to allocate seats tomorrow when you go on the website. I find it a pain in the ass sometimes. You'll say you want "200 level" and then it'll just give you the first 200 level seats it finds, which could be nowhere close to the actual section you want. I find for some American ticketmaster orders now, they have an actual map of every available seat in the arena/stadium, and you can zoom in and click on those specific seats.
    You can do that here but it's usually available after seats have been on sale for a while. I picked my seats to the marlies vs bulldogs outdoor game at Ivor Wynne earlier today. you can go on now and do it for the raptors as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone know if you can place more than one order? I am gonna order my tickets and for a couple friends tomorrow morning and if a few more friends decide to go in a day or 3 will they let me get more seats

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    anyone know if you can place more than one order? I am gonna order my tickets and for a couple friends tomorrow morning and if a few more friends decide to go in a day or 3 will they let me get more seats
    There is no limit to tickets and you can order more than once. The pre-sale starts tomorrow for SSH's then opens to the general public on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not read it anywhere, does Monday January 9th mean midnight tonight? Or was there a specific time it opened up?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorCanSoc View Post
    I did not read it anywhere, does Monday January 9th mean midnight tonight? Or was there a specific time it opened up?

it will most likely be at 10am. most of the presales begin at 10am on ticketbastard's website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its from 11am jan 9 to 11 am jan 12

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Paul Beirne's Twitter:
    If you're buying a bigger number of tickets here is a hint: request rows of 10 or less and use the shopping cart! So for 20 do 10x2...
    I wonder when group sales start, and how those will be organized?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    From Paul Beirne's Twitter:

If you're buying a bigger number of tickets here is a hint: request rows of 10 or less and use the shopping cart! So for 20 do 10x2..
    I wonder when group sales start, and how those will be organized?
    What does that mean?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, not sure which part you don't understand?

Probably if you're buying via the regular Ticketmaster pre-sale website, the max number of seats you can select at one time is 10. However, you can purchase multiple batches of 10 (or less) tickets within one sales transaction. Add the first batch of 10 to your shopping cart; go back & select more seats & add to your shopping cart; and repeat, up to a max. of 50,000 total seats.

Now what I'm wondering, how to get more than 10 together? Hopefully we'll have some control over sections for the tickets, to at least get the groups of 10 near each other.

That's also why I was wondering how the group sales will work, if someone wants to get way more than 10.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    I fear the idea I won't get a ticket in the 118-121 sections by tomorrow.
    those sections will not be on sale tomorrow

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a little confused on how things are going down. So i'm guessing the sg groups have tickets reserved in which they will distribute the tickets themselves? if so, than are the tickets only gonna be sold to members only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably if you're buying via the regular Ticketmaster pre-sale website, the max number of seats you can select at one time is 10. However, you can purchase multiple batches of 10 (or less) tickets within one sales transaction. Add the first batch of 10 to your shopping cart; go back & select more seats & add to your shopping cart; and repeat, up to a max. of 50,000 total seats.

Now what I'm wondering, how to get more than 10 together? Hopefully we'll have some control over sections for the tickets, to at least get the groups of 10 near each other.

That's also why I was wondering how the group sales will work, if someone wants to get way more than 10.
    TM site is shite- I have a big group order. I can foresee that by requesting the $19 seats I will be offered whatever section TM wants to give me, not the sections I want. Not even sure you can speak to a human with them these days...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    TM site is shite- I have a big group order. I can foresee that by requesting the $19 seats I will be offered whatever section TM wants to give me, not the sections I want. Not even sure you can speak to a human with them these days...
    Maybe it's worth trying to get in touch with someone at TFC? They have a bunch of sections reserved for group orders (dark blue on the seat map). Maybe if your group is big enough, they'll give you a batch of tickets from there?

I have no idea how that part works -- or if it's only for soccer team group orders etc.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my question was how do we make sure they are beside eachother, but I'll take the fault here. My comment wasn't descriptive at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is no one coming out and saying where the RPB are sitting?

this seems like a very confusing procedure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I doubt they know yet, other than it's 118 to 121. The codes aren't available yet to the SSG as far as I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats because security killed the buzz.
    you get hand slapped for standing for more than 5 seconds.
    bitch slapped for swearing or saying mean things
    and ejected for bring noise making devices.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    In terms of the crowd and how they will react in terms of being loud, getting into the game, lets all remember now that apart from the supporters section at BMO, the other sections are very quiet no different than any of the other pro teams in Toronto. I sit in section 225 at BMO and people sit on their hands, no different than say a Blue Jays game. Years 1 and 2 even the non supporters sections were a bit more lively,however the past few years the non supporters sections have been very quiet, I mean I can remember chants like " this is our house" being chanted even in my section in years 1 and 2, however, the past few seasons have been very quiet in the non supporter sections of BMO, so I see no reason for anything different from the non supporters section at the Rogers Center.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see,

so the better question is buy now, or buy through RPB?

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I doubt they know yet, other than it's 118 to 121. The codes aren't available yet to the SSG as far as I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    I think discussion has also moved to the Members sections as well:

From Facebook:
    <name deleted> RPB Memebers check here:
    http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=30500 3 hours ago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the better question is buy now, or buy through RPB?
    Unless I've missed something in my e-mail, I don't think that anyone can buy now yet!

But when it does open, I guess the question is, do you want to be in the standing section with supporters, or have front of the section seat elsewhere.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this seems like a very confusing procedure

Supporters section will be in the south end from 116 to 127.

Sections 118 to 121 have been set aside for RPB, U-Sector, NEE and TRN.

Try to get your tickets around these sections
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently you can't buy more than 10 seats at a time through the Ticketmaster system. When you're buying, you'll have to do them in groups of 10 if you have more than 10 to buy. If you're doing a larger purchase you might want to call your ticket rep to arrange it. That's the info I got from PB anyway. I called my agent this morning to arrange with him. Nothing goes on sale until 11:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone get a presale link? They said they would email it to us on monday morning.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Supporters section will be in the south end from 116 to 127.

Sections 118 to 121 have been set aside for RPB, U-Sector, NEE and TRN.

Try to get your tickets around these sections

So unless you are a member at this point in time (regardless of if you will be a member by the time the game rolls around), you will not have access to the SG code and best strategy is to try and buy tickets around where everyone else is sitting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone get a presale link? They said they would email it to us on monday morning.
    I was just coming on here to ask the same thing. No e-mail with link yet.