214 53.90%
  • Skydome

183 46.10%
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They also really failed to capitalize on the feeling of momentum everyone had in October.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Totally agree.

Totally agree:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Did you expect the City, Federal Govt, and Provincial gov't to approve 90-150 million to build a SSS in 2005? More so it wasn't built for Toronto FC it was built for the U-17 World Cup.

In 2005 MLS didn't have Becks, it had poor attendance for the most part, and was looked at as being on par with 3rd tier leagues on the world stage, if you are being nice.

And the previous attempts at the sport in Toronto were dismal failures attendance wise. The Blizzard were never amazingly attended. MLSE were hoping to get 13-15,000 in the stands to be happy.

No one could have known that 2005 was really the start of a new era for MLS, And that the Success of Toronto, and the atmosphere that the fans here created, would be the crowbar that opened the pocket books of other owners and cities to build great new stadiums.

This isn't like the Blue Bombers building a beautiful new 190 million stadium. BMO was built for under 70 million and has had about 5 million more put into it.

It is what it is, and it is still and enjoyable place to go and watch a game. It might not be and art piece, it may not have a roof that will some how make it so much better for some reason, but it's where the boys play, and it's where I'm happy to go every chance I get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all hindsight, and totally unfair to history. Go back and read the press at the time. The field almost didn't happen - failed at U of T, failed at York, failed at Downsview, until the City stepped in and brought it to the Ex. And MLSE pays the losses, if any; the Ex (the City) gets half the profits. Sounds pretty good to me. Plus I for one fully enjoy BMO field - the atmosphere is fantastic. It is a wonderful place to go and if John Carver hadn't gotten fed up with the refs we wouldn't have lost two years, nobody would be complaining about the field or the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hearing that CONCACAF won't allow any of the teams to start selling tickets for the quarterfinal round until January. I couldn't get any more detail beyond that, but in checking Seattle and Los Angeles' sites, I found that neither of them have tickets on sale, either.

An interesting side note: Seattle has a page dedicated to their home CCL match against Santos Laguna, whereas LA has zero acknowledgement of their home CCL match against TFC to be found, or any mention of CCL at all (yet they have pre-season matches listed on their main page).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that LA only wants to be giants of MLS or globetrotters. Too bad for the league. The world club championship is growing to be quite the tourney.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were an LA Galaxy fan, would you get excited about a game versus TFC ?

It's no wonder the galaxy aren't promoting it. Can you blame them ?

TFC haven't exactly garnered much of a reputation. Hmm, I wonder why.

If the MLS had it's own version of th LA Clippers, who do you think that team would be ?

Tough sell if you ask me.
    Last edited by no1redsfan; 12-19-2011 at 06:56 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't feed the troll.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by no1redsfan View Post

If the MLS had it's own version of th LA Clippers, who do you think that team would be ?

Alright there, no. 1. Keep yapping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets see...first off the galaxy have a much bigger issue named David Beckham

secondly, im hoping landycakes doesn't get stuck in Europe due to some volcanic ash

thirdly, and more importantly, if i am a (REAL) la galaxy fan, I know my team hasn't BEAT TFC in 2 years and I'd be relishing the chance to give it to them

fourthly, and MOST importantly, as a TFC fan, do I really give a rats ass what the LA Galaxy are and aren't doing to their fan base?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you why galaxy fans won't bother with this game.

It's basically a lose-lose situation however you look at it.

IF LA WIN.............BIG DEAL. We beat TFC. Ho-hum.
    IF LA LOSE...........Who the hell wants to see their team lose to a sorry organization like TFC ?

I suspect their fans will pass on this round, in anticipation of the next.
    Last edited by no1redsfan; 12-19-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite sure though, that no one here would ask you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the TFC roster gang raped his entire family and made him watch. Such anger.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA have a real hard time selling mid-week games at the Home Depot.
    Do you recall that mid-week playoff game leading up to this year's final ?
    To my utter shock and amazement, the upper deck was completely empty.
    What chances does a TFC game really have of attracting any interest ?
    We are looking at an announced crowd of maybe 10,000 and an actual crowd of about 5,000
    LA may wish to move their leg to a neutral site, someplace like...hmmm....Detroit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are looking at an announced crowd of maybe 10,000 and an actual crowd of about 5,000
    LA may wish to move their leg to a neutral site, someplace like...hmmm....Detroit.

Please stop with this moving home games out of your city business. It was cute at first, but now I want you to explain to me in detail how having LA's home game 2000 miles away will be a good idea.

And CSUDH caps midweek home games to 15,000 during the school year. Did you bother researching the cause of your utter shock and amazement?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Please stop with this moving home games out of your city business. It was cute at first, but now I want you to explain to me in detail how having LA's home game 2000 miles away will be a good idea.

And CSUDH caps midweek home games to 15,000 during the school year. Did you bother researching the cause of your utter shock and amazement?
    Don't worry about it....he's been banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA has restrictions on attendance for mid-week games. The university doesn't allow them to sell the full 27000 stadium since it would flood the campus with people when classes are on. They can only sell tickets to all seats on weekend games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tell you why galaxy fans won't bother with this game.

It's basically a lose-lose situation however you look at it.

IF LA WIN.............BIG DEAL. We beat TFC. Ho-hum.
    IF LA LOSE...........Who the hell wants to see their team lose to a sorry organization like TFC ?

I suspect their fans will pass on this round, in anticipation of the next.
    and I suspect your knowledge of sports is close to zilch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Don't worry about it....he's been banned.
    thank god

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to stop taking the bait. If we ignore a troll, there is no need to ban anyone as they will get bored and move on.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We need to stop taking the bait. If we ignore a troll, there is no need to ban anyone as they will get bored and move on.
    The honest truth in theory. However I have yet to ever see this actually happen in practice (not just here - but anywhere on the information super highway)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yep. Online catnip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of people have said Concacaf has laid down the law, and tickets for the next round can't be sold until January. No idea why that would be, but neither Seattle nor LA are selling tickets for the next round yet either. Maybe it's out of TFC's hands? Then again, if that's the case, they could tell us when a date for the announcement and selling tickets will be set.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the "ignore list" feature really helped. Except when folks kept quoting the troll...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see what this thread has done!...

If MLSE just announced were the location will be, what the plans will be, it would give the fans the sense of direction, acquire the hype, gain the momentum to when the early bird special for tickets will be on sale.....but no

This has been getting dragged on for way to long, fellow fans are going at each other, minds have gone crazy in the suggesting of unreal/ and not ideal situations, the next thing someone will say to "BOYCOTT" the game, which will result in them being removed from the forums, only because they want the same thing all "us" supporters want to know.

WHO: Los Angeles Galaxy [√]

WHERE a): it will be located
    ...........b): (if @ RC) will the supporters section be (so prepartions can be made to banner make in the cold months)

WHAT : the cost will be!

WHEN : the promoting for the biggest game in club history start!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone identifies them easy enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody on Reddit posted that the Rogers... I mean Skydome has already been decided

http://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comments...rogers_center/

Anyone on here able to confirm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Somebody on Reddit posted that the Rogers... I mean Skydome has already been decided

And says they met with supporters clubs recently...anyone from RPB able to confirm that took place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You are clearly benefitting because no one has started a poll thread asking "If we sign Pablo Vitti, how does that affect your view of BMO v Skydome". Once that happens, this thread is so over.
    LOLOL quite true...

Seriously though - a bittersweet benefiting it is, because it's utterly f**king pathetic at this point for MLSE to not have capitalized on this game. Regardless of ticket-sale rules, they could have done lots to get the engine going.

It's like they got us almost to the point of climaxing then walked out of the room. I hope the reddit rumours are true so we can start moving the product for these unqualified marketers

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    This has been getting dragged on for way to long, fellow fans are going at each other, minds have gone crazy in the suggesting of unreal/ and not ideal situations, the next thing someone will say to "BOYCOTT" the game, which will result in them being removed from the forums, only because they want the same thing all "us" supporters want to know.

uummmm. no.

The only person removed here was a guy trolling us saying that the game should be in Montreal or Detroit. No genuine fans were harmed in any way, and no fans were "going at each other." Apart from the troll, the conversation has been measured, respectful, and even still interesting, at 30 pages yet and counting.

I suspect that ML$E will let us know very soon. As bureaucratic as they are, even they can only drag out a decision so long. Besides, I would be very surprised if their new overlords didn't insist on it being in the Rogers Centre.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post

They mentioned on the Footy Show on the TV (The Score) a couple of weeks ago that the decision had been made that it would be at Rogers ... so no surprise people are mentioning it. Nothing official though ...