Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    i think we can hit 45000 plus

approx 16000 ssh....these people are most likely going to bring someone who has been to a game or 2 in the past....

that could bump the attendance to 32 000 right away without even promoting this event in the right way...

can TFC get another 10 000+ with proper promoting....youth soccer clubs in ontario on board... just one example...

anything less then 45 000 would be a disapointment in my eyes
    The thing is with this, where were these 16,000 people in the Group stage? There were somewhere around 11,000. So probably about 9k in STH. I think if everything goes right (marketing,price,us selling the crap out of this game) I'm gonna say 27-31k. Trust me, I hope i'm wrong, but people just don't understand this completion and even more people just don't care about TFC/ or are fed up with them. Regardless, with dome over are heads and all the supporters united, we can make this game LOUD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    The thing is with this, where were these 16,000 people in the Group stage? There were somewhere around 11,000. So probably about 9k in STH. I think if everything goes right (marketing,price,us selling the crap out of this game) I'm gonna say 27-31k. Trust me, I hope i'm wrong, but people just don't understand this completion and even more people just don't care about TFC/ or are fed up with them. Regardless, with dome over are heads and all the supporters united, we can make this game LOUD!
    Where were they???? one reason for their neglect of these past games is match congestion. This is something they do not have to worry about right now. People like myself are salivating for live football and will make the trek to this game IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Official release: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/12...-quarterfinals

Ticket details to be announced early January.
    TFC FO waiting to see if Beckham will still be at LA. If so, they'll jerk the prices up as l'm sure the demand will be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the prices are reasonable, I agree that 30,000 is a realistic goal at Rogers Center. The front office should plan on covering the 500 level with banners to enhance the atmosphere. Seattle does it for all of their home games, and the Sounders provide the best game day fan experience in MLS.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochdale View Post
    TFC FO waiting to see if Beckham will still be at LA. If so, they'll jerk the prices up as l'm sure the demand will be there.
    Thats when all CONCACAF champs league clubs can sell tickets, nothing to do with beckham.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no doubt in my mind that LA already has targets in mind to fill their soon to be open DP spot. They will want to bring in an international football superstar for sure, who that will be let the speculation begin.I really think with a good push, especially with discounted tickets to all the youth soccer clubs as it looks like the 500 level will be $10.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just like when our chosen heros, Venkman, Stanz, Spengler and Winston chose the form of their destoyer. . .

so too has MLSE and the TFC FO chosen the site where the limpy Poofs from California will meet their doom in Champions league.

Cross the fucking Streams. . .

Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES. . Then yopu put the ball in the fucking NET!

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until our back line was shut off by dickless here.
    Walter LANDYCAKES Peck: They caused an explosion!
    Mayor: Is this true?
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
    [pause]
    Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance will be affected by how the Leafs are doing. The Leafs have games on Tuesday the 6th and Thursday the 8th, and if they are really in the playoff hunt, a lot of casuals will choose to watch their games on TV, which will hurt the TFC gate on the 7th (There's only so much sports most people can take in any 3 day period.)

But if the Leafs are out of it, TFC could get a huge crowd.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Attendance will be affected by how the Leafs are doing. The Leafs have games on Tuesday the 6th and Thursday the 8th, and if they are really in the playoff hunt, a lot of casuals will choose to watch their games on TV, which will hurt the TFC gate on the 7th (There's only so much sports most people can take in any 3 day period.)

The leafs have a home game on the 6th and then an away game on the 7th in Pittsburgh.

The raps also have a home game on the 7th against houston. I mentioned this early but people don't seem to think it'll be an issue. Despite the raps being super crappy they'll still take 10,000 or so potential fans away.

I don't even think the CCL game will be televised at Real sports...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Seeing those crowd shots of the Juve-Fiorentina that's what you don't want to happen.

And you have to sell out the top level too.

In this day and age of social media, if the upper deck isn't sold out when the images get out and you see empty blue seats, it doesn't leave a good impression.
    I was at that match. It was pretty dead, well we had fun, we were boozing it up at literally, the front row.

This is what happens when you overprice. That match was pretty damn expensive and your typical Serie A supporters said FUCK IT because it was too expensive.

Price it right. Market it wisely. The people will come. Toronto likes an event. Market it as such.

By the by .... LA will have another top quality DP. Garber will make sure of that.
    Last edited by Juanito; 12-22-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    I was at that match. It was pretty dead, well we had fun, we were boozing it up at literally, the front row.

This is what happens when you overprice. That match was pretty damn expensive and your typical Serie A supporters said FUCK IT because it was too expensive.

Price it right. Market it wisely. The people will come. Toronto likes an event. Market it as such.

By the by .... LA will have another top quality DP. Garber will make sure of that.
    A top quality DP in the January window? That I doubt. Perhaps in the summer window but very unlikely we'll see a word-class player come here in time for the CCL game in March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    A top quality DP in the January window? That I doubt. Perhaps in the summer window but very unlikely we'll see a word-class player come here in time for the CCL game in March.
    LA will spend transfer money to bring in a big name DP
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off topic but i'm curious what people think. What big name players do you see available during the upcoming transfer window that would consider L.A.?

I don't see many that will have interest in L.A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    off topic but i'm curious what people think. What big name players do you see available during the upcoming transfer window that would consider L.A.?

I don't see many that will have interest in L.A.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ace-beckham-la

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see "Dinho" going to LA.

I think people around here have to realize that LA and NYC are the two cities players would play for because of the city itself. Toronto just doesn't have that appeal.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Leafs have games on Tuesday the 6th and Thursday the 8th, and if they are really in the playoff hunt, a lot of casuals will choose to watch their games on TV, which will hurt the TFC gate on the 7th (There's only so much sports most people can take in any 3 day period.)
    what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    I think people around here have to realize that LA and NYC are the two cities players would play for because of the city itself. Toronto just doesn't have that appeal.
    It's been discussed a million times on here. Everybody knows it. They have the advantage of being USA-rah-rah-in-the-movies but there are still ways to get good DP players even for teams that aren't them. TFC got 2 excellent DP players last year. They may not have the same star power of the LA signings but they made a huge impact on the actual soccer being played at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually the leafs are in pittsburgh on the 7th...the 2-35 or something raps will have a home game on the 7th

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even more impetus to sell tickets outside of the GTA.

You'll have fans staying at home wanting to watch the Leaf game.
    You'll have fans wanting to go to the ACC to watch the Raptors.

So you just can't market it to the "sports fan" when they are other things to occupy their minds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    1000 allotted?
    I believe the end we'll be in has a capacity of around 2000.
    Last edited by AL-MO; 12-22-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    not that I am aware of. There has only been one meeting with FO since the season concluded and that was this week. Johns a good guy; and occasionally everyone gets one or two things slightly off

Either way from a supporters perspective let's focus on how to make this game big and unify our voices. The choice has been made let's focus on the important part now..the game.

˄ This

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's at Skydome. Done
    We had a pole, it's over.
    Couldn't care less about Molinaro or whoever said what.
    Time to get ready for March 7th, our first game of 2012 and our biggest ever.
    Yes, it would be nice to see a sellout.
    Don't give a shit how many peeps will be there, can't control that.
    I will be, with a lot of fellow like minded supporters, loud and proud.
    Last edited by Torontotonto; 12-22-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Merry Christmas :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's all practice saying "Toooooorrrrrroooonnnnnttttoooooo" in the style of "Arrrrrrgggggggooooossssss"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just give everyone a free scarf. That'll sell an extra 10,000 tickets. As mentioned earlier, Toronto is an event town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Let's all practice saying "Toooooorrrrrroooonnnnnttttoooooo" in the style of "Arrrrrrgggggggooooossssss"
    Billy if you bring one of those god damn horns I swear to god....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Just give everyone a free scarf. That'll sell an extra 10,000 tickets. As mentioned earlier, Toronto is an event town.
    genius idea
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Billy if you bring one of those god damn horns I swear to god....
    BBBBBRRRRRRROOOOOOKKKKKKEEEERRRRRR

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I like the out of the box thinking, however, a lower price is more important than a "free" scarf (with expensive tickets). Cheap tickets means that parents can afford to bring their kids (and their neighbours' kids), and maybe even invite that brother-in-law they marginally like plus his kids. Maybe a parent with a small business could treat her daughter's soccer team to tickets. You get the idea.

"Free" scarves would indeed appeal to a certain segment, but ML$E needs to appeal to a broader base than that to fill the dome.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-22-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's time we stop worrying about how ML$E will fill the stadium and start wondering how we are going to make a 5 level tall tifo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. Argos has two syllables. Toronto has three. Makes it very difficult to chant like that. Should be more in the style of GO LEAFS GO!

BBBBBRRRRRRROOOOOOKKKKKKEEEERRRRRR
    Now THAT would fit into the "Arrrrrrgggggggooooossssss" mode.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)