• Skydome

183 46.10%
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,183 of 1183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anywhere to see how the pitch will be placed on the turf at Rogers, maybe with some 3D views?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm sure that whatever gives the highest TV revenues in the long-run is what will win out.

The biggest potential advantage (and we'll have to see how it plays out) is that Rogers and Bell can have a vision that extends beyond the next quarter's earnings.
    Yes, we'll have to see how it plays out. They've both got a lot of debt. All I can say is that since CTV was taken over by Bell there's been a lot of cutting and not much planning beyond the next quarter and even less risk-taking than before.

Let's just hope ticket sales and revenue stay strong so these kinds of decisions don't have as much pressure put on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they just advertised to season ticket holders, they'd get at least 20000 out to this match. So that's a good base to begin with. The next step is to get at least another 10000-20000 out from people who maybe wanted to see TFC but didn't get a chance, or who only want to come if the price is right. If we get 30000-40000, the dome will be rocking, particularly when prompted by the supporters! If Beckham is playing, you'll get another 5000 hot women in tight dresses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wren View Post
    I've never really liked this idea of calling some fans casuals. Anyone who still cares about this team after 5 years of futility is a supporter, plain and simple.
    You are right. Most of the "casuals" are long gone.

The core of my argument really rests in the differences between actual attendance, paid attendance, and announced attendance, which has been done to death in past threads.

My point is really that actual attendance has dropped more than announced attendance, imho, and this is now affecting the FOs behaviour. They are finally acting a bit like actual attendance is their true concern.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Let's just hope ticket sales and revenue stay strong so these kinds of decisions don't have as much pressure put on them.
    Yes, that's what we need to see. If things got to "cost cutting" mode, we could end up like the Revs, which in MLS 2.0 would mean forever bottom-feeder. I couldn't see attendance surviving that long-term, 5 years of futility has hit attendance enough.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You are right. Most of the "casuals" are long gone.

The core of my argument really rests in the differences between actual attendance, paid attendance, and announced attendance, which has been done to death in past threads.

My point is really that actual attendance has dropped more than announced attendance, imho, and this is now affecting the FOs behaviour. They are finally acting a bit like actual attendance is their true concern.
    Every sport has it's fans who are there religiously and those who are there part time. I just don't hear or read Jays fans or Raptors fans judging their fellow fans like some TFC supporters do. Just an observation. Anyone who supports in any way is okay in my books.

The novelty of a new team has worn off, which only seems natural. I know that in the early seasons people at work were often asking about my tickets. Last year I couldn't attend a mid week game and literally couldn't give my tickets away.

I mostly follow results rather than marketing and such. I know that if the results are there the support will follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dkolish3 View Post
    Majority of seats for less than $20 as TFC hosts Galaxy at Rogers Centre

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...-Rogers-Centre
    Lets hope this stays the same with recent news

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be a good crowd no matter what. Plus looks like Becky's going to be still a GAL so I think 30,000+ with good marketing should be easy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-psg-beckham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Should be a good crowd no matter what. Plus looks like Becky's going to be still a GAL so I think 30,000+ with good marketing should be easy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-psg-beckham
    yep he just signed his new deal he said he like's it here and does not want to move his kids again.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but will Landycakes come home from Everton???
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yes but will Landycakes come home from Everton???
    Arteta money well spent?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^If Donovan stays at Everton? Hell yes.

But what if LA bought Arteta? And Henry stayed in North London? Wait...what league are we talking about??
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess we find out the real details on tickets this Friday @ the TFC community breakfast.