214 53.90%
  • Skydome

183 46.10%
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, I'll be there! I'd like to take the risk and see if we could get 60,000, (imagine that), but BMO is our home and where we are accustomed to.

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    ^ What this guy said. The venue has already been determined and they are just playing with us. (I think we all know that)

I actually posted something along these lines in the thread on the TFC facebook page and my post got deleted. lol
    They can silence your voice, but they can never extinguish your flare!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle p View Post
    They can silence your voice, but they can never extinguish your flare!!!
    All I will say is.....

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    the poll on the TFC site is even closer than the one for this thread... only a 3% lead for BMO.

I'm actually surprised it's that close... even the hardcore are divided.

Given some of the passionate defenses of "our house" a 55% or 52% poll lead for BMO field isn't commanding.
    It's flipped now, 55% for Skydome now...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 pgs of yes or no, wow. If they could I'd put the challenge to the fanbase. If the schedule at skydome can bear it say it's at BMO till we prove we can sellout Skydome.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can consistently draw 21,000 to see teams like the San Jose Earthquakes,
    I don't know why people think it's such a stretch to think we would be hard-pressed
    to draw 25,000 to see a star-studded team like the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Not only do I think we can sell-out the dome, the attendance record is within reach.

If the Dallas Cowboys can squeeze 105,000 into a stadium that seats 80,000
    than the TFC game should easily be able to break the Skydome record of 68,200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ you think the dallas cowboys are the same as TFC? wow

id say the cowboy cheerleaders would probably draw the same sized crowd as TFC to be honest

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems wise to freeze out the southern dandies and have home pitch advantage in March.
    TFC fans and players have hardy northern blood, let's stay at BMO!
    Support Local Football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if we'll get an announcement on this sometime this week. The SSH relocation event starts Thursday. TFC will get a chance to see a lot of the ticket holders face to face. Seems like a good opportunity to sell the LA game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    Seems wise to freeze out the southern dandies and have home pitch advantage in March.
    If LA played in a league that was always a warm climate or was made of players who have only played in warm climates and TFC players were in fact used to playing in our cold temperatures then yes, I'd agree with you. However neither of those cases are true..I mean our team trains in South Carolina up until a week before the season opener. Again I must iterate that our team is no more prepared for cold weather than LA. If anything the cold weather suits the away team as they try to grind out a "result."

Guys like Chad Barrett (played in Chicago and Toronto) and Keane are probably just as prepared for our cold as is our team.

I'm not saying "No" to BMO field. I just think that the argument for having it at BMO field due to freezing out the opposition is flawed. If anything it could bite us. A game in a cold Toronto could easily finish 0-0 which for me would be a disappointment.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players -our players- have said they don't mind playing outside in the cold. There are probably more players that have chose to play in LA for a climate warmer than Toronto therefore it is not unfair to say that there are probably more players in LA that would be uncomfortable in the cold.

It's not an overwhelming strategy or strength for us but it is a factor.

That's the extent of it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather is a HUGE factor in all of this and the 50,000 seat availability is an important bonus factor. They lost alot of money at concessions during the CCL matches (Vancouver). I don't think the advertisers would be too happy if weather is a gamble of their target market exposure, especially after paying the big $$$'s for it. In a business world it would only make sense to play the match @ SkyDome vs the economical liability of BMO Field...even though that is OUR HOUSE! And we all know you can't mix emotions with business....and MLSE are in the business to make $$$'s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by no1redsfan View Post
    If we can consistently draw 21,000 to see teams like the San Jose Earthquakes,
    I don't know why people think it's such a stretch to think we would be hard-pressed
    to draw 25,000 to see a star-studded team like the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Not only do I think we can sell-out the dome, the attendance record is within reach.

WOW! tickets sold as part of a seasons ticket package is not the same as a CCL game ticket sales.

Season tickets sold, NOT ACTUAL attendance was around 20K last year...real attendance around 15K

CCL tickets sold = Attendance and was about 5K

So how on earth do you think SkyDome will
    a) Sell out when it is not Automatically part of season package
    b) have a chance at exceeding any sort of attendance record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Players -our players- have said they don't mind playing outside in the cold. There are probably more players that have chose to play in LA for a climate warmer than Toronto therefore it is not unfair to say that there are probably more players in LA that would be uncomfortable in the cold.

It's not an overwhelming strategy or strength for us but it is a factor.

That's the extent of it.
    In that case BMO field should be played not just because we, the fans would want it, but instead what our players feel comfortable in. If they prefer a cold BMO field, then let's do it there.

I just moved to the UK and will miss the match. It's honestly killing me not being there. I had to settle to watching the Dallas game at 1 am and it was a challenge holding in my excitement every time we scored a goal.

It's funny I have met Pumas fans here and they don't seem to follow CCL (they call it the CONCACAF). They were shocked to hear that I knew more about it than them. I am doing my job of spreading the word of TFC
    Last edited by PAOK17; 11-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside would suit our style of play because it's high tempo. I've changed my mind many times on this but I'm leaning more to BMO.

There's more also risk going to Rogers. Even though we know that attendance will be up, we don't know how much and if the return of investment is worth it. Despite what people will say that we would get a certain amount of attendance, there's numerous reasons why we would sell out BMO like any other league game against the Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brocko View Post
    WOW! tickets sold as part of a seasons ticket package is not the same as a CCL game ticket sales.

Season tickets sold, NOT ACTUAL attendance was around 20K last year...real attendance around 15K

CCL tickets sold = Attendance and was about 5K

So how on earth do you think SkyDome will
    a) Sell out when it is not Automatically part of season package
    b) have a chance at exceeding any sort of attendance record
    One argument against this is time, and lots of it. The CCL games did not give the team much time to organize and promote the matches. 4 months is enough time to sell the crap out of this, either at BMO or Skydome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    speak for yourself lol. i would not enjoy the game at BMO one bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Skydome attendance record is 68,000 for a wrestling show that had seats covering the entire field. Where do you suggest the game gets played if we have all these people in the building?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other factors to consider.......

a) this is the farthest TFC has ever advanced in any season/playoff
    b) this will be the only (football) game in town for the next 3 months.
    c) the galaxy are the most star-studded team in MLS
    d) will appeal to casual fans like seniors who would not even consider BMO in March
    e) public transportation to and from Sydome is a heck of a lot better than BMO
    f) as mentioned previously, they have 3 months to sell tix (including the x-mas season).

Sqeezing 15,000 fans into Skydome (in addition to the 55,000 pernament seats) should be no
    problem given the large CFL endzones which could be made into standing/patio sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are day dreaming if you think they will get anywhere near 70,000 let alone 60,000...any money will be spent bringing grass in; not to build temp seating in a non existant area...didn't see the Bills organizers doing that and they'd love every single extra buck that could be made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think BMO would be best, anything under 30,000 in Rogers would look bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    The Skydome attendance record is 68,000 for a wrestling show that had seats covering the entire field. Where do you suggest the game gets played if we have all these people in the building?
    I think you've hit on the totally obvious solution here, why didn't I think of it earlier? TFC plays LA at BMO Field, nice natural grass, with a bit of Canadian bad weather to thwart those southern-Californian softies. I'm sure the plumbing for the locker rooms is well protected from the elements.

Meanwhile, 68,000 spectators in attendance at the Rogers Centre, watching the game on the big screen, with crowd noise piped back to BMO Field in real time.

Man, it's so obvious.

I suppose I should include a before somebody freaks out at me...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ prizby

The only reason Bills organizers did not attempt to sell field-level seating was
    because they could only sell 51,500 of the 54,000 available football seats.

Of course, field level seats would only be sold if the regular pernament seating
    was sold out. This is done for most NASCAR races. Greedy track owners always
    find some way of squeezing everbody in and no one ever gets turned away.

Where there's a will (greed), there's a way. Cowboys found room for an extra 25,000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where there's a will (greed), there's a way. Cowboys found room for an extra 25,000
    They didn't find it. They built 180,000 square feet of open space into the stadium specifically for this purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd much rather it at Skydome. I think the atmosphere would be much better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is simply no way to get more than 55,000 fans into the Dome for football or soccer.

If it was possible, there wouldn't be all this talk about building a stadium for an NFL team to meet the NFL's 60,000 minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    There is simply no way to get more than 55,000 fans into the Dome for football or soccer.

If it was possible, there wouldn't be all this talk about building a stadium for an NFL team to meet the NFL's 60,000 minimum.
    That's why toronto isn't getting an nfl team. The goverment isn't going to subsidize another billion dollar stadium in this city for the second time in 20 years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's kinda funny how the Impact are featuring a photo of David Beckham on the
    first page of their website when chances are he will never play a single game in Montreal.

I wonder if TFC will do the same when they starting promoting the LA clash.

Anyways, we're probably wasting our time debating 'added' stadium seating until.....

a) the game is confirmed for Skydome
    b) there's a demand for the existing 54,000 seats

It may all be a mute point. Let's pick up the argument in January if need be.

P.S. Canada only drew 10,000 tonite against St. Kitts
    I hope the good folks at TFC get the message..........
    Don't overprice the tix !
    Last edited by no1redsfan; 11-15-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    That's why toronto isn't getting an nfl team. The goverment isn't going to subsidize another billion dollar stadium in this city for the second time in 20 years.
    Which is a a good thing. Let's keep American Gridiron in America. Besides I don't think we need another bottom-feeding team.