RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today's News,Friday,Dec.09

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CP24 Tweet: MLSE says it is holding a press conference at 9:30 a.m. to make a 'major' announcement. Watch CP24 for live coverage.

- 7:02 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Rogers & Bell combine to purchase MLSE. . . .

rogers.com Roof, presented by Bell.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coed Girls 1 & 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nxtmike View Post
    CP24 Tweet: MLSE says it is holding a press conference at 9:30 a.m. to make a 'major' announcement. Watch CP24 for live coverage.

- 7:02 AM.
    This should be interesting......maybe this is why they have been holding off on announcing the venue for the match......
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogers and Bell combining to buy the largest sports market in the country! Would be something!

I'm sure it would reap with sponsorship benefits, such as with television coverage, seeing as Bell owns TSN, who also has a certain contract with MLS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    now that they've had a season to work together, im glad that mariner and winter have started to mesh. there's no doubt that mariner has an eye for talent, along with winter and de klerk's days at ajax, i can honestly see us having a terrific young club down the line.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it too premature to hope that Anselmi will be replaced with somebody that knows something about soccer?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    now that they've had a season to work together, im glad that mariner and winter have started to mesh. there's no doubt that mariner has an eye for talent, along with winter and de klerk's days at ajax, i can honestly see us having a terrific young club down the line.
    so there is method to Mariner's madness after all...

when I first heard about Mariner making links with Caribbean clubs I was pretty meh about it, but Mariner does have an eye for talent... If he thinks Lambe is worth an int spot, I'll go along with him... Let's hope that Lambe doesn't turn into another Khano Smith. lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...ing-for-m.html

Bruce Arena exposes fallacy of Euro training for MLS youngsters
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full news day. Paul Barber steps down as Whitecaps CEO.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011...-february-2012

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Full news day. Paul Barber steps down as Whitecaps CEO.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/2011...-february-2012
    interesting to know why he resigned...

Speaking of shitecaps, looks like Lee Young Pyo is already making an impact, marketing wise.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.socceramerica.com/article...ing-for-m.html

Bruce Arena exposes fallacy of Euro training for MLS youngsters
    Yeah, nothing like an "expose" devoid of any rational position. His argument seems to be that since they're just training with reserves or an academy, they're not learning much, which is ridiculous. They're working under different systems, with different coaches. IF you can't learn something new in that environment, eek....

Being reasonably technically adept and having the league's biggest budget doesn't replace the need to address basic logic.

Dumb article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    so there is method to Mariner's madness after all...

when I first heard about Mariner making links with Caribbean clubs I was pretty meh about it, but Mariner does have an eye for talent... If he thinks Lambe is worth an int spot, I'll go along with him... Let's hope that Lambe doesn't turn into another Khano Smith. lol
    Given the size and population of Bermuda, I think he sees a vacation in Bermuda every year.

Seriously, the idea that this is some untapped talent gold mine is ridiculous. The caribbean is not only scouted heavily, several former euro players coach or live there and work full-time on scouting for clubs back home.

Sometimes, I think Marriner disrespects his own league. I'm still on the fence about the alleged brilliance of Andy Iro, although he certainly hit the nail on the head with Ryan Johnston.