• Who the hell is he/not sure

12 5.45%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Return of Pablo Vitti. yes or no?

Pablo Vitti, who played for TFC in 09 on loan from Independiente, is being heavily linked again to TFC. Want him back? Or no?

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did his quality change or was it the quality of his opposition?

:|

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the discussion in the other thread and people seem positive toward this. Is there actual substance to this rumor or is it just speculation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we're bringing guys back, based on 2005 accomplishments, and what they did in Peru.....is Mista available? Carlos Ruiz?
    Last edited by ensco; 11-24-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, Vitti played 32 games in 2010, scoring 15 goals for Universitad San Martin in Peruvian first division. he's only got 2 goals in 16 for Universitario, but this may partly be due to him not getting paid by Universitario
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he going to be able to deal with the physicality of this league?

I said no, for the record, wasn't able to deal with it last time. Doubt things have changed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said yes,I would like to see him play in our new adopted system.We need a winger and he would be a good option,in my opinion.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted yes. I saw him play in the Copa Sudamericana not too long ago. Looked not bad. Has there been some change on this front? How did we go from a line in a Peruvian newspaper report to being "heavily linked"? Remember when he got a yellow for celebrating an off-side goal. Classic TFC blooper, up there with Pozniak's missed diving header, and Carl Robinson's goal celebration, and the Andy Welsh face plant.
    Last edited by UltraSuperMegaMo; 11-24-2011 at 06:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looked bad in a longball system. But so did JDG. I expect that under Winter we would see him improve even more than JDG did.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the price is reasonable, absolutely.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Remember when he got a yellow for celebrating an off-side goal. Classic TFC blooper, up there with Pozniak's missed diving header, and Carl Robinson's goal celebration, and the Andy Welsh face plant.
    and Tchani being ejected for celebrating a goal, Yourass being sent off for taking too long to get off the pitch... Nick Garcia in general...

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He looked bad in a longball system. But so did JDG. I expect that under Winter we would see him improve even more than JDG did.
    My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Has there been some change on this front? How did we go from a line in a Peruvian newspaper report to being "heavily linked"?
    Lulz, nothing changed, just that one line and speculation about his club owing him money. Though someone can try going to the source
    http://twitter.com/#!/pablovitti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Lulz, nothing changed, just that one line and speculation about his club owing him money. Though someone can try going to the source
    http://twitter.com/#!/pablovitti
    http://www.goal.com/es-us/news/2216/...-a-canad%C3%A1

Google translation:

Toronto FC: Pablo Vitti sounds to return to Canada

The midfielder would offer to get back the scarlet shirt.

November 23, 2011 6:15:00 am

Click this bar to view the full image.

The Toronto FC and works for the next season. The team led by Aron Winter, just open the window passes, began tracking players who could become reinforcements for the 2012 season. One of these is an old friend, Argentine Pablo Vitti.

El Rosario is currently playing for Universitario of Peru, where there has been a good step. To make matters worse, the club owes a large sum of money.

According to Depor.pe , the supply of Canadians would be "very good" and the player would be very interested in accepting it, but first want to collect the debt the club owes him, consisting of six months salary and part of its pass. Vitti, 26, rose from the lower Rosario Central and has played in Independiente, Banfield , Chernomorets of Ukraine and Universidad San Martin . In the 2009 season wore the uniform of Toronto, with whom he played 26 matches and scored two goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

said yes, dont think he got a proper go the first time around as he was playing in a diff style/structure and we had the wrong expectations of him, i do think he'd do well to fit in our new system with these players, i wouldnt take him for more than 200k (even then at that number id be a bit hesitant)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was 280 last time, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alot of that went to independiente too tho, might be different now...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I said yes,I would like to see him play in our new adopted system.We need a winger and he would be a good option,in my opinion.
    ^^^This

Not only that I remember 1 single moment of magic between him and JDG, just after JDG was signed that was pure football magic. I think pablo would thrive in this system. I just don't think he is worth what he was getting before (if i correctly remember it being around the $200,000 mark). The price would have to be right as well given the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahha, what are the chances. I really chuckled out loud reading this.

It's intriguing. I do think Winter can make more of him than last time 'round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That goal.com page is just taking quotes from the original Peruvian article. Nothing new there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pablo Vitti, your number 8 has been taken! Guess you'll wear 10 now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s2cazz View Post
    ^^^This

Not only that I remember 1 single moment of magic between him and JDG, just after JDG was signed that was pure football magic. I think pablo would thrive in this system. I just don't think he is worth what he was getting before (if i correctly remember it being around the $200,000 mark). The price would have to be right as well given the cap.
    I remember that too. It was the best 5 seconds of football we have ever played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    It's intriguing. I do think Winter can make more of him than last time 'round.
    Sure would hope so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of indifferent on this one. Some players do excel when they play on a team very system based. That is what TFC are trying to do. When he was here before we had no real system or style to speak of.

I guess he couldn't do any worse than he did before.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti again with TFC under Winter's system?

well, let me think...

Ummmm....

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

Him with Plata plus Koevs as the poacher would be terrific upfront!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as he comes at a good price...the potential was always there. Worst case he becomes another Zavarise that comes in here and there when the starters get really banged up. We will always have a few of those on the team. As long as he doesn't ride the pine for alot of money...then I would be upset. Mista anyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted yes, assuming he's somewhere south of $140k

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mista? Really?

Let's set this story STRAIGHT.

Miguel Mista played 9 games for Toronto FC.

The first 3 games he was out of form.
    The fifth game, he and Preki got into an altercation in the locker room.

The remaining games he was used sparingly, or was "injured" before being released.
    Mista is the silent DP Amado Guevara. He came, Preki and him got into a fight, and he left.

I blame Preki more than Mista for the whole ordeal. Mista only came here because de Guzman talked him into it anyways. In the end of the day, he saw how bush league Preki was running things and didn't want to be here anymore.

Meanwhile, we all thought he was shit, when in reality, he had less of a chance to show what he's capable of than freaking MIKAEL YOURASSOWSKY.

AND...in that time, he scored against the toughest team we've ever played a competitive match again, Cruz Azul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagine if tfc put johnson, avila, JDG in this peruvian team, u think they would score 15 goals as attacking midfielders? i doubt it, but this guy has changed recently and he fits in winters sytem too. im sure he will have a great season with tfc!