12 5.45%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I have A feeling we're going to get a bag of balls for Frei because of his salary. The Ricketts deal kinda set the bar.
    it'd be stupid to trade Frei for bag of balls. at least 3 MLS teams are looking for a starting keeper right now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it'd be stupid to trade Frei for bag of balls. at least 3 MLS teams are looking for a starting keeper right now
    Agreed. Ricketts is about ten years older than Frei. Frei is a huge asset for the MLS at his young age (for a goalkeeper). Just imagine if he got a Switzerland callup, I'm sure European teams would be swarming to sign him, and that would mean some good money for whoever Frei plays for at the time!

Craig Gordon was bought for 9million pounds at 24 years old. I'm not saying that Frei is as good as Gordon was at that age, but Frei is a VERY good shot stopper and a big asset to the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Avila is free agent and to resign him will probably cost more,Frei is being shoped and probably gone,but in general numbers are ok,someone tweeted earlier today that TFC has around 500K free kap space,not sure if this number includes DeRo and Barett salaries.
    I'm pretty sure that we were eating DeRo and Barretts salaries for this year only and they are off the books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    That's why I think Cann and Peri are gone. The big wild card is allocation...
    We should have allocation money - we meet two of the 4 criteria below. Also, who knows what else we have or will acquire from trades.

Allocation Money
    Allocation money is a resource available to clubs in addition to their respective salary budgets.
    A club may receive allocation money for:

• failure to qualify for the MLS Cup Playoffs;
    • the transfer of a player to a club outside of MLS for value;
    • expansion status;
    • qualification for the CONCACAF Champions League;

Each year the MLS Competition Committee determines the allocation amount to be made available to each club. Allocation money can be traded by clubs.

Also, if we are that close to the cap, trading someone like Frei for allocation money could make sense, if that allocation money allows us to bring in a good CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we were eating DeRo and Barretts salaries for this year only and they are off the books.
    Keep in Mind that both Plata and Eks salary would most likely double, thus eating that, while we still need a Solid back line leader, and a strong CAM. Avila should be the number 2 man in that position.

So we will be working with the same cap space we had last year most likely..

Trading Frei and Sturgis for a decent CB and Allocation would be the way to go I'm thinking to solve that. To bring in a new starting CAM and CB leader.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Keep in Mind that both Plata and Eks salary would most likely double, thus eating that, while we still need a Solid back line leader, and a strong CAM. Avila should be the number 2 man in that position.

So we will be working with the same cap space we had last year most likely..

Trading Frei and Sturgis for a decent CB and Allocation would be the way to go I'm thinking to solve that. To bring in a new starting CAM and CB leader.
    That assumes that we will keep Cann and/or Williams on the same salaries, along with Harden and Iro and add extra CB's to the mix.

Also, we will have extra allocation money we did not have last year due to CL qualification.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd be happy with Cann and Williams leaving. That then leaves Iro and Harden as backup, and Henry as the up and coming backup. Losing Cann and Williams free's up a large chunk of change. Add Frei to that, and you are talking a nice amount of money to find one or two CB's and a AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That assumes that we will keep Cann and/or Williams on the same salaries, along with Harden and Iro and add extra CB's to the mix.

Also, we will have extra allocation money we did not have last year due to CL qualification.
    rumours say CCL allocation money is like 100k only or something

I think TFC is going to find a CB in the upcoming superdraft...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would only be a "partial allocation." I'm not sure that rumour is true, that kind of money wouldn't be enough to have much effect. I would have expected a full allocation (approx $220k), but the rumours could indeed be right.

TFC also gets a full allocation (a/k/a/ the "you suck" allocation) for missing the playoffs, so that adds in total $330k (if the CCL is a partial allocation). You could get 2 decent players or one really good one for that kind of cash.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a starter or a backup? Risky move to grab a starting CB for this team from the superdraft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what we are saying is....cos we SUCKED so much last year in the league, AND we got through to the CCL Quarters, we get lots more money to play with?!

I'd say Aron Winter is a genius!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a starter or a backup? Risky move to grab a starting CB for this team from the superdraft.
    TBH, I don't know. But with a 4th pick, TFC should be able to grab someone decent, and may turn into a starter within two years.

Though you never know whether you get an Omar Gonzalez or an Ike Opara in a draft. Frigging crap shoot this is

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there any good central defenders coming up in the academy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Possible CB Austin Berry

If i was TFC I would draft this CB in the draft .... form what i am reading i think toronto has the 3rd and 4th picks in the first round. I could be wrong.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...1nTyemEv7EH-5Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    If i was TFC I would draft this CB in the draft .... form what i am reading i think toronto has the 3rd and 4th picks in the first round. I could be wrong.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...1nTyemEv7EH-5Q
    Uh, this link takes me to a basketball player. TFC has the 4th and 12th pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    Mista? Really?

Let's set this story STRAIGHT.

Miguel Mista played 9 games for Toronto FC.

The first 3 games he was out of form.
    The fifth game, he and Preki got into an altercation in the locker room.

The remaining games he was used sparingly, or was "injured" before being released.
    Mista is the silent DP Amado Guevara. He came, Preki and him got into a fight, and he left.

I blame Preki more than Mista for the whole ordeal. Mista only came here because de Guzman talked him into it anyways. In the end of the day, he saw how bush league Preki was running things and didn't want to be here anymore.

Meanwhile, we all thought he was shit, when in reality, he had less of a chance to show what he's capable of than freaking MIKAEL YOURASSOWSKY.

AND...in that time, he scored against the toughest team we've ever played a competitive match again, Cruz Azul.
    oh my lord are you kidding me Mista sucked he was on the ground half of the time yelling at refs to call a foul and most of the time he dove. Mista was playing for tfc for a cheque thats all he was not strong enough or cared enough to be a good MLS player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nooooo to Vitti hell no

Do people really think he can play in MLS players are to strong and fast he got man handed when he was here last time and he will again. He does not work hard enough like Plata did this year. On paper he looks like he would be beter in tis system but he never ran at guys and rarly looked dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Pablo had good ball skills, good first touch and passing, and very comfortable with the ball in traffic. However, not a good finisher. Lot's of chances but I believe he only got one goal a header, which was a bit of a floater. Also not sure but I don't think he had much speed. Not sure he is what we are looking for.
    very true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember him being the only ounce of attraction to that edit of tfc. He is like plata. They are both spanish also...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News from Peru (http://peru.com/futbol/pablo-vitti-h...-noticia-32377) is that Vitti is no longer training with his team (la U). He has missed two training sessions. Rumors are that his exit from his club is eminent. The missed training sessions are being attributed to a stomach problem (right!). This source is saying he will end up at San Martín (the Peruvian club where he went right after leaving TFC)...very likely for less money than what he is (or not) getting paid at Universitario.

edit:

Now he denies he's leaving: http://peru.com/futbol/vitti-falso-q...-noticia-32420
    Last edited by loconet; 12-02-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post
    News from Peru (http://peru.com/futbol/pablo-vitti-h...-noticia-32377) is that Vitti is no longer training with his team (la U). He has missed two training sessions. Rumors are that his exit from his club is eminent. The missed training sessions are being attributed to a stomach problem (right!). This source is saying he will end up at San Martín (the Peruvian club where he went right after leaving TFC)...very likely for less money than what he is (or not) getting paid at Universitario.
    I guess a stomach problem is better than the infamous Mista foot contusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so any further rumours about Vitti signing with TFC or not? - - this seems to have dried up - i'd be happy to hear a conclusive yea or nea...

i'm aching for a couple of CB and an AM rumours...bring 'em on....

i'd be more than happy to have Vitti back in the fold as i think he'd fit right into the Winter fray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    so any further rumours about Vitti signing with TFC or not? - - this seems to have dried up - i'd be happy to hear a conclusive yea or nea...

i'm aching for a couple of CB and an AM rumours...bring 'em on....

i'd be more than happy to have Vitti back in the fold as i think he'd fit right into the Winter fray

The latest news is Pablo Vitti is looking to return to his club and play out the last season on his contract.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    The latest news is Pablo Vitti is looking to return to his club and play out the last season on his contract.
    Also recently read this. He says he is looking forward to returning to Universitario next season, wasn't happy with the way this season finished. They just avoided relegation by a point, which is a big deal considering they are one of if not the biggest club in Peru.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    If the price is reasonable, absolutely.
    This is my feeling too. At ~$100K per season I could be convinced, at $200K+ absolutely not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100k is too much.
    He's all fluff and no finish.
    Not worth it....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh....I feel so pathetic, scraping for news during the offseason....

Anyway, looks like Pablo is going to Mexico, to Queretaro

http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n2362263.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Sigh....I feel so pathetic, scraping for news during the offseason....

Anyway, looks like Pablo is going to Mexico, to Queretaro

http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n2362263.htm
    Ah, too bad, I thought he would fit well into Winter's system and with the improved ball movement in general. I seem to remember he linked up well with Danny D so I'd expect a smart centre forward like Koevermans would suit him.

Didn't suppose we could afford him though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is now on loan at Queretaro of Mexican Primera Division until end of Clasura. Currently has 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 games

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti is now on loan at Queretaro of Mexican Primera Division until end of Clasura. Currently has 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 games
    Would have loved to have him back. Oddly enough I caught a game in Queretaro (vs Santos Laguna) last summer.