RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Latest Blog by Knight: Upsets abound

As Toronto FC hopes to avoid another upset in the Canadian Championship cup tonight in Vancouver, their MLS counterparts continue to tumble south of the border in the U.S. Open Cup.

The Kansas City Wizards were squeezed out of yesterday's quarterfinal round on penalties, following a 0-0 draw with the USL-1 Seattle Sounders. FC Dallas also crashed, getting pounded 3-1 at home by perennial pesky second divisioners Charleston Battery.

More here....http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv...y/WBsoccerblog
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, quality writing.

(The closest thing to a crystal palace I've ever seen in Baltimore was back in '93: a gigantic high school building with all its windows shattered.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This is a classic.....

"New England Revolution vs. Joe Public. You can't make this stuff up!"
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    As always, quality writing.

(The closest thing to a crystal palace I've ever seen in Baltimore was back in '93: a gigantic high school building with all its windows shattered.)

I like it too, but as good as...

"New England Revolution vs. Joe Public. You can't make this stuff up!"??

kelzag

Happy for our friends in Charleston.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charleston has a good side. That attacking midfielder...(forget the name now) was MLS quality IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    Charleston has a good side. That attacking midfielder...(forget the name now) was MLS quality IMO.
    There are a lot of MLS quality players in USL-1. As someone on BS put it, because of MLS's salary cap and structure MLS is full of the 1st tier and 3rd tier MLS quality players. The 2nd tier players play in USL-1 where they can make a living wage and improve themselves by actually getting playing time.